Legacy and Eastern Conference Supremacy | Official 76ers (#3) vs. Celtics (#2) East Semifinals Thread

Your winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The Sixers do have something here

They can run the offense through James Harden, and have Embiid be a #2 for this series against the Celtics, because Sixers are harder to defend for the Celtics when Harden is the #1

Will Doc Rivers have the balls to do that, we shall see

You're correct. The issue is Harden is on that AD syndrome where you don't know if he's going to be the best player on the floor or the 9th best. It's like his legs need 5 business days to cool off from overheating after every big performance. He'll probably have no lift nor explosiveness in game 5.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
This is nonsense. They got a wide open shot to win in regulation.
Ironically that was the same exact situation

And just like in OT:

1- why tf is Marcus smart bringing the ball up

2- Tatum doesn’t touch the ball until 5 seconds left. At that point any benefit you gained from getting Maxey switched onto him is lost

And as far as that being a ‘wide open shot’ sadly this is that LeBron effect, game of telephone. Kicking to a below average shooter with a semi contested 3 at the buzzer is NOT a wide open shot. It is NOT ‘tHe rIgHt bAskBaLl pLay’, it is NOT Jordan kicking to Kerr or Paxson. In those cases the double CAME to him, he didn’t dribble into a double then kick to a ‘help’ 3. Also them dudes were SHOOTERS

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Led? :brutusDahell: More like

im-on-the-bus-smiling.gif
Pity neg. :russell:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Common denominator in end of regulation and end of OT is too much Marcus smart.

Dribbled up on both plays, left open on both plays :patrice:

This why players like him worry me, dudes whose presence on the team outweighs their actual talent. Bc coaches will be afraid to sit em.

In an ideal world you call timeout and you surround Tatum with all shooters which they can easily do. They could have had Tatum and brown plus three 40% 3 point shooters….instead you leave in marcus smart. Bc he’s the heart of the team :beli:

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I didn't mind not taking a timeout at the end of regulation when the score was tied.

In OT down 1 he should have called timeout

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Common denominator in end of regulation and end of OT is too much Marcus smart.

Dribbled up on both plays, left open on both plays :patrice:

This why players like him worry me, dudes whose presence on the team outweighs their actual talent. Bc coaches will be afraid to sit em.

In an ideal world you call timeout and you surround Tatum with all shooters which they can easily do. They could have had Tatum and brown plus three 40% 3 point shooters….instead you leave in marcus smart. Bc he’s the heart of the team :beli:

I've been talking about Marcus Smart and how much of a detriment he is to this team. Tatum and Brown need a point guard who can do 2 things... Shoot and be a Playmaker. Smart does neither of those two. He needs to be off the team

I've given up talking about him. I just pretend he doesn't exist anymore lol

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
This is brand new bullshyt

There are guys that are money for the first three quarters that go ghost come winning time. Now Harden is Jordan and leaving him alone when it matters most is blasphemy

A Harden catch and shoot open three from the corner is cash more than half the time. It's a much more dangerous shot than Embiid driving into traffic.