Legacy and Eastern Conference Supremacy | Official 76ers (#3) vs. Celtics (#2) East Semifinals Thread

Your winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Joe Mazzulla doesn't know how to defend Harden and limit his effectiveness

This is the story of the series. He is CLUELESS in this series
Idk man they stopped playing drop after game 1 with the big and started pressing him 90 feet. They also switched primary defenders and Jaylen is a good on ball defender although he has space cadet moments off ball. He’s making tough shots dawg..

Daps
Joe Mazzulla doesn't know how to defend Harden and limit his effectiveness

This is the story of the series. He is CLUELESS in this series
Do you even know what it is you're watching? Or are you just defaulting to blaming the coach because it's an easy out for you if the Celtics don't win a title this season?

This is who Harden is.

He'll have the odd game where he can't miss and then back it up with shooting performances like 2-14 and 3-14 (as he did in Games 2 and 3). I'm guessing you won't give him any credit for how the Celtics defended him in those games, but blame him for when Harden goes off.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brogdon should be out there, I agree with that. Joe sat him for the final 4 minutes and it made no sense. But that doesn't really have much to do with Smart either because the Celts are far more dangerous when they have two of Brogdon/Smart/White out there at all times.

Sorry to say but this isn't a series for Timelord.

That crunch time lineup should be Tatum/Brown/Horford/Brogdon and either Smart or White

He pulled Brogdon when he got his 5th foul at the start of overtime. He was sending him back in for the final minute but then when the Celtics took the lead he switched up and kept White in for defense.

Unfortunately because he chose to sit on two timeouts, Brogdon never got back in

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why run the clock all the way down when you’re only down 1 in that situation? :jbhmm:

Boston had 2 timeouts left, go for two and if you miss you can foul and then try for 3 to tie it up.:dahell:

Nikkas on here need to stop crying about coaches and timeouts and just put it all on the Beard. Had clowns making a whole thread saying the opposite for Coach Bud and wanting to glorify Butler but spouting the same shyt when it comes to Harden :mjlol: but wanna be taken seriously
The critical reaction to Mazzulla's decision not to take a time-out is a total deflection. The Celtics as a team (incl. players) have chosen to allow the players the freedom to read plays and make good decisions and it can easily work out but it has to be executed well.

People need to rewatch that last play and realize that Philly's defense with the double team forced the Celtics to change the play on the fly, which is what can always happen even if you do try to run a play out of a time-out.

Tatum just didn't execute well. Watch it again. When the double team comes, Derrick White is let wide open at the top of the key with plenty of time left to shoot. Tatum should've jumped up and made the pass. Harden makes that sort of pass for Philly all the time.

But Tatum missed it and tries to make a hero play and when he fails he decides to throw it to Smart when it's already too late.

Tatum had enough time to either put up a two himself or, when the double team came, to pass it to White for the easy shot. He just messed up which can always happen no matter what you draw up. Embiid made the right decision on the other end when he was double teamed and it paid off. Tatum tries to be the hero on his end and they lose. That was the difference. Embiid made the LeBron play (including catching flack for it for having a teammate bail him out) while Tatum made the Kobe play except he couldn't pull it off.

Media and fans been scapegoating Mazzulla like crazy all playoffs. I think he's a good coach (at least for this team).

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do agree that the Celtics could’ve maybe done more in the 2nd half to get JB involved but also when he did get opportunities he kept deferring, he wasn’t as aggressive in looking for his shot as he was in the 1st

And that’s a recurring thing with Jaylen, he’s a bit of a microwave scorer. He’ll have an explosive quarter but he doesn’t really consistently attack all game

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The critical reaction to Mazzulla's decision not to take a time-out is a total deflection. The Celtics as a team (incl. players) have chosen to allow the players the freedom to read plays and make good decisions and it can easily work out but it has to be executed well.

People need to rewatch that last play and realize that Philly's defense with the double team forced the Celtics to change the play on the fly, which is what can always happen even if you do try to run a play out of a time-out.

Tatum just didn't execute well. Watch it again. When the double team comes, Derrick White is let wide open at the top of the key with plenty of time left to shoot. Tatum should've jumped up and made the pass. Harden makes that sort of pass for Philly all the time.

But Tatum missed it and tries to make a hero play and when he fails he decides to throw it to Smart when it's already too late.

Tatum had enough time to either put up a two himself or, when the double team came, to pass it to White for the easy shot. He just messed up which can always happen no matter what you draw up. Embiid made the right decision on the other end when he was double teamed and it paid off. Tatum tries to be the hero on his end and they lose. That was the difference. Embiid made the LeBron play (including catching flack for it for having a teammate bail him out) while Tatum made the Kobe play except he couldn't pull it off.

Media and fans been scapegoating Mazzulla like crazy all playoffs. I think he's a good coach (at least for this team).

Of course they could’ve executed the possession better but it would’ve been best to take a timeout in that situation because

A) They had two
B) Instead of wasting 6 seconds bringing the ball up the court you can advance the ball into the frontcourt
C) Since they were only down 1 you can draw up a play to go for a quick score and even if you miss can foul and still have enough time for another opportunity to tie or take the lead

Now obviously in a 53 minute game that one decision isn’t the sole reason they lost but it could’ve handled better by the coach and it’s not scapegoating to point that out

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Why run the clock all the way down when you’re only down 1 in that situation? :jbhmm:

Boston had 2 timeouts left, go for two and if you miss you can foul and then try for 3 to tie it up.:dahell:
Mazulla was too busy thinking about the dead bodies in his crawl space :manny:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mazulla was too busy thinking about the dead bodies in his crawl space :manny:
I like the jokes but low key I've had a theory that Jacque Vaughn is an actual serial killer hiding in plain sight as an NBA head coach. Watch his in-game sideline interviews with female reporters.

That's all the evidence I have at the moment. :patrice: But I think you'll be convinced.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I expect Harden and Embiid to play well the next few games, so Maxey and Tobias are going to be key to getting two more wins.

I understand Maxey is the fastest guy on the court, but he really needs to understand game speed concept. Every drive to the bucket doesn’t require him going at full speed. He makes a good amount of those drive to bucket layups, but it becomes painfully obvious a lot of those missed drives are due to him going to fast.

He needs better wisdom when to go full speed and when to pull back. He also should utilize more jump stops and pump fakes when it’s obvious he is too out of control to make the shot.

Right now he plays like Road Runner and it’s hurting his offensive game