Legacy and Eastern Conference Supremacy | Official 76ers (#3) vs. Celtics (#2) East Semifinals Thread

Your winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I do agree that the Celtics could’ve maybe done more in the 2nd half to get JB involved but also when he did get opportunities he kept deferring, he wasn’t as aggressive in looking for his shot as he was in the 1st

And that’s a recurring thing with Jaylen, he’s a bit of a microwave scorer. He’ll have an explosive quarter but he doesn’t really consistently attack all game

Jaylen Brown is a "microwave scorer" because there are no plays ran for him :dead:

You can easily call Jayson Tatum a "microwave scorer" because he had 2 points in the entire first half and scored 22 in the 2nd half

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jaylen Brown is a "microwave scorer" because there are no plays ran for him :dead:

You can easily call Jayson Tatum a "microwave scorer" because he had 2 points in the entire first half and scored 22 in the 2nd half

Tatum had 2 points because he was missing everything, not because he was deferring

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Tatum had 2 points because he was missing everything, not because he was deferring

Different context, same result, Jaylen scored 90% of his points in the first half, Jayson scored 90% of his points in the 2nd half. On top of that, The coach made a concerted effort to "Get Jayson Tatum going", and majority of the plays were called for Jayson in the 2nd half either by pick and roll, pin downs, or ISO. None were called for Jaylen

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Different context, same result, Jaylen scored 90% of his points in the first half, Jayson scored 90% of his points in the 2nd half. On top of that, The coach made a concerted effort to "Get Jayson Tatum going", and majority of the plays were called for Jayson in the 2nd half either by pick and roll, pin downs, or ISO. None were called for Jaylen

Tatum took 9 shots in the first half and 8 in the 2nd half, there was no major change in volume to get him going. He just started making shots. Jaylen took 7 shots in his first 7 minutes on the court then took 9 in the next 35.

Nuance exists, multiple things can be true at once. I agree that they could’ve made more of an effort to get Jaylen in some action but also when he got touches I don’t think he was as aggressively looking for his shot as he was in the beginning.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Tatum took 9 shots in the first half and 8 in the 2nd half, there was no major change in volume to get him going. He just started making shots. Jaylen took 7 shots in his first 7 minutes on the court then took 9 in the next 35.

Nuance exists, multiple things can be true at once. I agree that they could’ve made more of an effort to get Jaylen in some action but also when he got touches I don’t think he was as aggressively looking for his shot as he was in the beginning.

It's not just that Jaylen is getting the ball, WHERE is Jaylen getting the ball. Is he getting it at the top of the key like Tatum.... or is he getting it when the shot clock is dwindling down, at the corner 3, the rare chances Celtics hit a fast break, etc. It's the latter. The irony is that this game is more of an outlier for this playoffs as Jaylen has had more of a balanced scoring for rounds 1 and 2

I just found the name "microwave scorer" odd when Jaylen has easily been the best player and most consistent player in the 2023 playoffs for the Celtics

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not just that Jaylen is getting the ball, WHERE is Jaylen getting the ball. Is he getting it at the top of the key like Tatum.... or is he getting it when the shot clock is dwindling down, at the corner 3, the rare chances Celtics hit a fast break, etc. It's the latter

I just found the name "microwave scorer" odd when Jaylen has easily been the best player and most consistent player in the 2023 playoffs for the Celtics

You getting fixated on a term who cares, that wasn’t the point. It’s semantics. Pick whichever one you feel is more appropriate. I personally feel like a lot of his big games come from having an explosive quarter and not consistently attacking, the stats could say otherwise.

He has been the best player and he also should be more aggressive in looking to score throughout games. Both of those things can be true. I have a hard time believing 7 shots in 7 minutes and then 9 shots in the next 37 is 100% by design. Coach needs to do better but blaming Mazzulla for any and everything doesn’t do anyone any favors

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You getting fixated on a term who cares, that wasn’t the point. It’s semantics. Pick whichever one you feel is more appropriate. I personally feel like a lot of his big games come from having an explosive quarter and not consistently attacking, the stats could say otherwise.

He has been the best player and he also should be more aggressive in looking to score throughout games. Both of those things can be true. I have a hard time believing 7 shots in 7 minutes and then 9 shots in the next 37 is 100% by design. Coach needs to do better but blaming Mazzulla for any and everything doesn’t do anyone any favors

I'm fixated on a term because it was the operative term that was used in your initial post, was it not? Yes for sure Jaylen should have been more aggressive. But I can easily cherry pick bad games like Game 2 when Tatum scored 7 points with 4 fouls and call Tatum a "Single digit point scorer"

How can you fixate on only Game 4 and say Jaylen is a "microwave scorer" when Jaylen has been the best and more consistent player in this playoff run? Make it make sense

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm fixated on a term because it was the operative term that was used in your initial post, was it not? Yes for sure Jaylen should have been more aggressive. But I can easily cherry pick bad games like Game 2 when Tatum scored 7 points with 4 fouls and call Tatum a "Single digit point scorer"

How can you fixate on only Game 4 and say Jaylen is a "microwave scorer" when Jaylen has been the best and more consistent player in this playoff run? Make it make sense

I never fixated only on this game. That’s how you took it. I made similar critiques about Jaylen during the Finals last year, you just weren’t paying attention.

Legend27

Pro
Daps
I swear I’ve never thought about coaching til now :flabbynsick:

I’d show marcus smart this

And I’d show Jayson Tatum this

Give Tatum the ball immediately and get tf out the way. We are not ‘running our stuff’

This nikka kerr had two timeouts and didn’t use one of them :mjlol: