LeBron sneakers test $300 limit

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
A lot of things that are regular to me and my friends are not similar to other people. I'm in college right now, I don't know anyone, besides hoodrats, who are still buying Jordan's or any kind of shoe that requires you to wait outside of a store. How you feel about hoodrats determines the way you feel about what I'm saying.

In any way, social life >>>> shoes buddy. There no way for anyone to ever work their way around that. You could say the same for eating out, traveling, going to events, etc. Those things only happen once and your shoes last longer . You can have all the shoes you want though at the end of the day and still have lived a crappy, lonely life. There's no way to logically place shoes above a social life/social things.
Sneakers don't have anything to do with social life even though you typically wear them in a social setting...but weed does. Word. :stopitslime:
Okay I see what you're doing, if you're into dope kicks you don't have a life :dwillhuh:
If you wear any sneaker you're a hoodrat..:dwillhuh:
This nikka is on a roll with the stupid shyt.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
10x is a wild exaggeration

And in any case, yes its true there is big mark up on clothes, but it is pretty silly to try and rationalize waiting in line for a pair of $300 shoes w/the same construction quality as a pair of $30 Converses. Especially when, lets keep it reality, most folks buying these sneakers don't have $300 in their name, once the sneaker is purchased.

Yeah I just threw the 10x out there, but the point is companies arent out there to break even or make small profits.

You really cannot compare the quality of Lebrons to the some 30 converses. Lebrons are superior in comfort, and longevity. You can see this by looking at the players who dont have a shoe contract and arent getting free shoes from companies. They arent out there playing in low price / budget shoes because the quality and performance isnt there.

and depending on where you are you'll meet a diverse group of people who share an interest in shoes. Yeah some of em are kids who bum money off of their parents for the shoes, but you can find professionals who are interested in sneakers.

The only time the sneaker community really gets press is when something bad happens, or you see some dudes who are waiting in line for days. When in fact they represent a minority of the people who are into shoes.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
We should salute Durant because he made a stipulation that his signature shoes with Nike wouldn't be retailed at over $100.

Nike is really just seeing where the breaking point of their customer are. They've been testing this with little $20 increases on foamposites and jordans. Hell even AF1s have gone up a few dollars. They are not blind to the resale market and are looking to get that money these resellers are. Its all up to the consumers how much we allow Nike charge. If these sell well at $315 then you can expect them to try $350 soon and so on and so on. I know R&D/production/distribution/marketing is expensive (thats why I laugh when people say it costs $5 to make the shoe, oh word? wheres your factory at?) but there isn't any technology in the shoes that exists that justifies a $300+ retail price. Unless it straps to a real working hoverboard I'm not buying.

:what:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Sneakers don't have anything to do with social life even though you typically wear them in a social setting...but weed does. Word. :stopitslime:
Okay I see what you're doing, if you're into dope kicks you don't have a life :dwillhuh:
If you wear any sneaker you're a hoodrat..:dwillhuh:
This nikka is on a roll with the stupid shyt.

For the 13th time. Where have I said "have no sneakers or you're a hoodrat"? I have sneakers nikka:russ: You really this hurt right now that you're making up things? :laugh:

Eventually, you will get to an age where you leave your job and go straight to happy hour with your friends. You will not carry changing sneakers on you.

Eventually you will get to a point were certain places will not even allow you to come in with sneaks.

Eventually you will step out of your bubble, hopefully, and no one in the room will really care what sneakers you have on, and many will consider you a child for such.

I never said if you are into dope kicks you don't have a life. That's your emotional thought process not taking time to sort out things. There's clearly only one facet of life where buying unreasonably priced tennis shoes that you wait outside of a store for are acceptable or the norm. If you think otherwise, you're just showing what I already know.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
For the 13th time. Where have I said "have no sneakers or you're a hoodrat"? I have sneakers nikka:russ: You really this hurt right now that you're making up things? :laugh:

Eventually, you will get to an age where you leave your job and go straight to happy hour with your friends. You will not carry changing sneakers on you.

Eventually you will get to a point were certain places will not even allow you to come in with sneaks.

Eventually you will step out of your bubble, hopefully, and no one in the room will really care what sneakers you have on, and many will consider you a child for such.

I never said if you are into dope kicks you don't have a life. That's your emotional thought process not taking time to sort out things. There's clearly only one facet of life where buying unreasonably priced tennis shoes that you wait outside of a store for are acceptable or the norm. If you think otherwise, you're just showing what I already know.

You're just goin to ignore what you were suggesting in your last post and come from a whole different angle..then attempt to talk down like you've been doing this whole thread. :whoo: I see why everyone else stopped entertaining you in this thread. :pachaha:

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Love my black elites - $250 retail, got em for $200

I dunno where I couldn't go in Tampa that would stop me from entering wearing them.... Blue Martini, Berns, all they want is the paper. People know they aint air force 1s.

Celebs pull em off, and when I want to just hang with my homies, I kinda dress like Wale (I like jerseys and t-shirts) and was doing it before he came on the scene.

50-cent-wearing-nike-lebron-9-elite-12.jpg

t-i-lebron-9-elite-black.jpg

victor-cruz-in-nike-lebron-9-elite.jpg

wale-wearing-nike-lebron-9-miami-vice-570x560.jpg

In any case, If I was forced to wear dress shoes somewhere and forced to wear a suit/tie.. thats not my scene anyway.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
You're just goin to ignore what you were suggesting in your last post and come from a whole different angle..then attempt to talk down like you've been doing this whole thread. :whoo: I see why everyone else stopped entertaining you in this thread. :pachaha:

My point has stayed the same the whole thread. I'm not gonna type out every single theme every single time. I didn't switch anything. I'm just not gonna keep typing every number 1 through 100 to convey the point 1-100.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
my beef is that the majority of ppl who go and get them (in my area) are young corny ass white dudes or indian dudes who have tons of money so they fuk up the whole aura of the shoe

when i walk into campus in 2 weeks and see a bunch unathletic asians and indians rocking lebrons when they don't even know how long he been in the NBA its depressing

and how the fuk do people wear shoes like this

stacy-adams-gallant-24718-black.jpg

:gag:

don't those make u flat footed or some shyt? :pachaha:

my feet are too wide to wear a shoe like that anyway i basically have to have a running shoe or a skate shoe

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps