charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
:ld: yall simple nikkas will argue bout anything

them shoes aint that ugly tho, but no way in hell would i cop for 300

them elites were nice and comfortable too, these will prolly be the same...i dont even play ball anymore but i can see why someone who does play ball a lot would cop some lebrons, the difference a good shoe makes on the court is :wow:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
My point was that the majority of the people who are spending hundreds on these shoes are trying to look hood rich. Once a person gets out of high school and the ghetto they need to realize the game has changed. The only people who will be impressed by $200 shoes and the loud bass blasting from the trunk of a hoopdie are other negros in the same situation and hoodrats.

Meanwhile I can shop clearance at online clothing stores and get an entire outfit for $100 or less. It's not necessarily about impressing someone; I simply prefer dress shirts over long tees and polos, although I would be lying if I didn't say I don't expect to get attention or at least want a little, and I think you would be too.:yeshrug:

I get compliments on my style of clothes almost everytime I'm dressed up when I'm out and about from people of all races and class, even if I don't have a tie on and my shirt is untucked.

You say that if you are doing anything just to impress others you lost...well why do you think the average teenager/black man in the ghetto is lined up without fail for these big sneaker launches?

STFU

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
All the no style nikkas exposing themselves. :laff:
but real talk, this is ohdee. I'm into kicks heavy but this is truly ridiculous.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
People always bring up production costs when talking about Nike.

What clothing does anybody own that they arent paying close to 10x more than production costs for.
10x is a wild exaggeration

And in any case, yes its true there is big mark up on clothes, but it is pretty silly to try and rationalize waiting in line for a pair of $300 shoes w/the same construction quality as a pair of $30 Converses. Especially when, lets keep it reality, most folks buying these sneakers don't have $300 in their name, once the sneaker is purchased.

pbconnect

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
GTA
lol just saw on the news that Nike says their profit margins are shrinking so they are raising the price on ALL clothing and shoes.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
10x is a wild exaggeration

And in any case, yes its true there is big mark up on clothes, but it is pretty silly to try and rationalize waiting in line for a pair of $300 shoes w/the same construction quality as a pair of $30 Converses. Especially when, lets keep it reality, most folks buying these sneakers don't have $300 in their name, once the sneaker is purchased.

If you think lebrons have the same quality as converse then you're out of your mind

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
i also think yall are exaggerating how many people are using their whole check/most of the money to their name to buy these shoes

as a broke nikka that deals exclusively with other broke nikkas, i know broke nikkas aint buyin $300 lebrons...broke nikkas just go to Hibbett Sports and cop some random $60 - $90 shoes, which is still too much for broke nikkas on most occasions

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$300 for some shoes that probably cost china .70 cent each to create :dead:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
My point was that the majority of the people who are spending hundreds on these shoes are trying to look hood rich. Once a person gets out of high school and the ghetto they need to realize the game has changed. The only people who will be impressed by $200 shoes and the loud bass blasting from the trunk of a hoopdie are other negros in the same situation and hoodrats.

Meanwhile I can shop clearance at online clothing stores and get an entire outfit for $100 or less. It's not necessarily about impressing someone; I simply prefer dress shirts over long tees and polos, although I would be lying if I didn't say I don't expect to get attention or at least want a little, and I think you would be too.:yeshrug:

I get compliments on my style of clothes almost everytime I'm dressed up when I'm out and about from people of all races and class, even if I don't have a tie on and my shirt is untucked.

Humans are def social creatures and value praise and acknowledgment, I am not going to lie and say I don't either, or even that how other people see you isn't important. But the way you presented it sounded like you switched it up solely to impress other people, which is an L. I mean that is always a part of it, but it shouldn't be everything. I misunderstood your point.

You say that if you are doing anything just to impress others you lost...well why do you think the average teenager/black man in the ghetto is lined up without fail for these big sneaker launches?
I stand by that. Its one thing if sneakers are just a hobby and you are taking care of business and just want the latest + greatest. But a lot of these brays are spending their last on these sneakers, just to fool people (who dont know about or have money themselves) into thinking they have money. Its the definition of hustling backwards. nikkas need to put that money at least under the mattress.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:what:@ $315....................

for a fukking sneaker that will be outta style in the next 3 weeks?!?!?:comeon:

EDIT: Glad I am a Chuck Taylor/ Jack Purcell dude. My shoes range from $20 to $70 and they go with everything. It's a beautiful thing:ahh:.

:laff:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Liquor/weed = social hobbies.

I think certain video games are stupid. Well, pretty much pointless all together for the most part, but I can see how that can be social as well

You don't do anything with the sneakers besides wear them or look at them in your closet. That's the stupidest most ineffective hobby ever for a grown man.

You could be puttin' more money into your child's future. You buyin' sneaks. :dead:
This nikka really just justified buying weed and liquor but looked down on someone copping kicks :deadrose: This thread is full of hidden comedy