LeBron sneakers test $300 limit

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Lebron, both as a basketball player and a personality isn't worthy of a $300 shoe. :mjpls:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Hey smart guys. I'm not telling any of you to think like me. I'm not telling any of you to stop buying Jordans. Keep buying the shyts. It has no bearing on my life whether you buy those shyts or not. I'm just telling you what I think of you and the shoes. You don't have to like or love my opinion. But that's what I think and you're really not gonna change it with all of the sob stories, pleas, trolling smilies, or whatever. You're either young, hood, or chasing a stupid status symbol, in my opinion. How you feel about me thinking that? I don't care. How you think I think you should feel about that? You shouldn't care. But you do, for some odd reason. I dunno. All I did was state what I thought, and many of you since have been trying ever so hard to sway that (which is crazy because you say I shouldn't care about what doesn't effect me, but my opinion doesn't effect y'all at all and you are putting in quite some effort to change it). Move on. I don't really frequent any place that calls for expensive sneakers, especially not bulky basketball ones. Sue me.

The price of these shoes has steadily increased (because of popularity) while anyone who has held different versions of the shoe can see the lowered quality (because many people are followers and Nike and other companies know they can sell shyt at higher prices than what good stuff costs).

I will correct an earlier statement. I do know a homie who still buys Jordans (old versions though) and even he will tell you that he is straight up hood. :russ: He's a little little bro though.

It's taco and tequila Tuesday. If ya wanna keep discussin' this shyt, holla at a playa tomorrow. :youngsabo:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Hey smart guys. I'm not telling any of you to think like me. I'm not telling any of you to stop buying Jordans. Keep buying the shyts. It has no bearing on my life whether you buy those shyts or not. I'm just telling you what I think of you and the shoes. You don't have to like or love my opinion. But that's what I think and you're really not gonna change it with all of the sob stories, pleas, trolling smilies, or whatever. You're either young, hood, or chasing a stupid status symbol, in my opinion. How you feel about me thinking that? I don't care. How you think I think you should feel about that? You shouldn't care. But you do, for some odd reason. I dunno. All I did was state what I thought, and many of you since have been trying ever so hard to sway that (which is crazy because you say I shouldn't care about what doesn't effect me, but my opinion doesn't effect y'all at all and you are putting in quite some effort to change it). Move on. I don't really frequent any place that calls for expensive sneakers, especially not bulky basketball ones. Sue me.

The price of these shoes has steadily increased (because of popularity) while anyone who has held different versions of the shoe can see the lowered quality (because many people are followers and Nike and other companies know they can sell shyt at higher prices than what good stuff costs).

I will correct an earlier statement. I do know a homie who still buys Jordans (old versions though) and even he will tell you that he is straight up hood. :russ: He's a little little bro though.

It's taco and tequila Tuesday. If ya wanna keep discussin' this shyt, holla at a playa tomorrow. :youngsabo:

You been arguing that spending $300 on shoes is dumb only to go out and spend money on alcohol which wont last you but a few hours :dead:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
c/s, you 21+ rocking sneakers meaning your p*ssy game weak
Who told you that some bytch you simping? Lol I rock sneaks and don't care what yall say unless yall wanna start paying for my stuff. Its not like most of you cats with no sneaks sitting on no bigger money than most on here from not copping sneaks to show us the benefits of not coppin what you can comfortably afford. We all know when somebody doesn't do something they wanna make it seem like how they think is law. I never get that but some people have to be negative only way cats can feel good about themselves. I hope yall get over that cause that isn't a good trait to have. I don't care if somebody doesn't like something but shytting on those who do under the guise of keeping it real is wack to me. For me if I'm not feeling something I say that and KIM but I can't expect others to do/feel the same. I'm pretty sure somebody already said but as long as your paying your bills taking care of the main business spend your bread on whatever you like.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I'm in a relationship with a sneaker head and fashion and nail blogger. She even in a book called Girls Got Kicks which you can cop on amazon. Sneakers and you're ability to get women shouldn't intertwine. Y'all nikkas come up with anything to say yo you not gonna get p*ssy doing that! Oh please.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
You clowns need to stop with this it only costs them a penny a sneaker bullshyt.

Take account the money invested in the factories and infrastructure in outside countries.
Think about shipping and distribution. Not to mention branding and marketing costs.
The cost is a lot than a few cents.

I know they still make a ton of money off each sneaker but lets not pretend any company can make them tomorrow for a few cents.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
nikkas in here content with being hood rich and impressing birds

But
tumblr_lmm3edWoLK1qh55zko1_400.jpg

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
The price is won't matter, the real problem issue is dumb nikkaz do dumb shyt. nikkaz was spending wild money for them ugly ass Ait Yeezy shyts. I don't see how this as any different from people buying $100 shirts, $100+ jeans, $300 ugly ass prada sneakers or females spending $800 on a purse or $1000 on some red bottoms. This is the reason why most athletes go broke so quickly, it just now they're buying cars and jewelry instead of clothes.

Its all a waste of money at the end of the day, and :snoop: that most people who wear that shyt either taking the bus, living on assistance or parents, home look like shyt, never have gas in their car, or behind on real bills. These the same nikkaz asking you to buy them something to eat at the store and I'm like :what:, "nikka you got on like $1000 outfit and you don't have money to feed yourself". Get your priorities in order people.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Cost like 10 bucks to make these, this nikka wins a chip and now is 315:snoop: thats why I Foxxs with chucks.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
You clowns need to stop with this it only costs them a penny a sneaker bullshyt.

Take account the money invested in the factories and infrastructure in outside countries.
Think about shipping and distribution. Not to mention branding and marketing costs.
The cost is a lot than a few cents.

I know they still make a ton of money off each sneaker but lets not pretend any company can make them tomorrow for a few cents.

Nah, these companies are just greedy.

In 2003, you could get a pair of Jordans or other high end basketball sneaks for $125. Companies wouldn't have priced those sneakers at $125 unless they were making a mean profit. Fast forward 10 years....inflation rises what, 2-3% per year? That's 25%.......so those same Jordans from 2003 would cost $156 in 2013 dollars. They have no excuse other than we want more money :steviej: to be charging $300 for some damn kicks.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Cats always try to downplay someone elses joy. It's cool to have your opinion but don't make it a decree of law. I love sneakers myself. If I work for my cash and feel like my air Jordan's are worth my money then im going to cop. Doesn't mean my priorities are messed up. My rent paid my bills paid. I got a few bucks saved so fukk it, let me cop em son. You value certain things and you spend ya money on whatever. Doesn't make you better son.

As for the lebrons, Nike warned about rising prices for years. The sneaker game is highly saturated with resellers and kids just following a trend. I was into the sneaker game way back in te 90s and early 2000s where Jordan's would sit for awhile and you cop at $80 instead of $150. Nike was losing money because shoes would sit, cats would cop, then sit on em for years then flip. Now cats wanna flip the same weekend. And get mad when they can't move shoes.

These lebrons will have some sort of technology in them with the Nike+ and the fly wire, hyperfuse and first time fully exposed zoom air unit.

And as for that bs about shoes being cheap to make. The molds are not. For instance, The foamposite mold cost $700,000 to produced. Just because they pay Julio 70 cents a day don't mean shyt.

/ thread