LeBron sneakers test $300 limit

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I have one pair of Nike running shoes that I bought on sale as athletic shoes. All of them are made cheaply yeah.

Well, they may not feel cheap to you, but you paid wayyyyyyy over what they were worth and cost to make.

I just don't get why people happily do this. If its something thats just going to really deteriorate over time because of using it for its intended purpose, I don't see the point in putting much money in it.

That goes for every single piece of clothing you own.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I'm a sneakerhead, but $300 is too much for any piece of clothing or shoes. I only spend at or above that if I'm buying a suit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Never got the fascination with sneakers but w/e.

My dress shoes for work are definitely $300+ and that's not out of the norm where i work...

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Buying any clothes to "dump on nikkas" is kind of goofy, the type of clothes don't fix the underlying problem

I think its important to look clean + presentable + wear shyt that's appropriate for the setting... I wont even lie, I love a lot of Jordans and would cop if they were like $300 instead of $1000... but if you are doing anything just to impress other people you lost. In my opinion

My point was that the majority of the people who are spending hundreds on these shoes are trying to look hood rich. Once a person gets out of high school and the ghetto they need to realize the game has changed. The only people who will be impressed by $200 shoes and the loud bass blasting from the trunk of a hoopdie are other negros in the same situation and hoodrats.

Meanwhile I can shop clearance at online clothing stores and get an entire outfit for $100 or less. It's not necessarily about impressing someone; I simply prefer dress shirts over long tees and polos, although I would be lying if I didn't say I don't expect to get attention or at least want a little, and I think you would be too.:yeshrug:

I get compliments on my style of clothes almost everytime I'm dressed up when I'm out and about from people of all races and class, even if I don't have a tie on and my shirt is untucked.

You say that if you are doing anything just to impress others you lost...well why do you think the average teenager/black man in the ghetto is lined up without fail for these big sneaker launches?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Now tell me how much of a return you have seen off your Lebrons? How has that helped you financially? :ld:

So now your argument is that its ok to grossly overpay for clothes you wear to work because thats whats expected in that environment and you get paid there but its not ok to overpay for clothes that you actually like to wear out and about?

Everything in life isnt about financial benefit. If i see a pair of shoes i like, ill buy them. Bottom line.

Why is it such a big deal now for LeBron but nobody gave a shyt when the Yeezy's were retailing for 245?

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
So now your argument is that its ok to grossly overpay for clothes you wear to work because thats whats expected in that environment and you get paid there but its not ok to overpay for clothes that you actually like to wear out and about?

It's not a matter of "So now...". I've been saying the same thing all along. Work clothes are an investment into your professional demeanor, which helps you keep a job.

Lebrons and other nikes offer no monetary benefit to my life. Even in the game of casual dress, it's not the norm for the type of people I hang around.

I bought the Big Bang brons for 180, sold for 450. Does that count?

I don't know why you are looking for my approval.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
It's not a matter of "So now...". I've been saying the same thing all along. Work clothes are an investment into your professional demeanor, which helps you keep a job.

Lebrons and other nikes offer no monetary benefit to my life. Even in the game of casual dress, it's not the norm for the type of people I hang around.

Ok i see, you only buy things that offer a monetary benefit to your life. If thats you then cool. But dont try and push that ideology on to the rest of us as if its somehow better than what we choose to do with our money.

Some of the Nike shoes look good, thats enough for me. I wear them when im just chilling on the weekend or just running around town after work.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
It's whatever my man. I said earlier in this thread that things are just my opinion. Y'all take it to heart or whatever.

Ok i see, you only buy things that offer a monetary benefit to your life. If thats you then cool. But dont try and push that ideology on to the rest of us as if its somehow better than what we choose to do with our money.

Some of the Nike shoes look good, thats enough for me. I wear them when im just chilling on the weekend or just running around town after work.
Once again. Didn't try to push my ideology. Reminder: y'all are the ones trying to convince me and change my mind as if my ideology is bad. My idea of ya is already made up and it's not changing whether good or bad. Lol.

pbconnect

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
GTA
"The LeBron X has motion sensors in the shoe to track various metrics including how high the player jumps." - ESPN

:ohhh:

:leon: