LeBron sneakers test $300 limit

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
i am truly in awe at nike's ability create something so ugly and still get people lining up to pay 300+ a pair. brilliant.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Gospel truth right here.

I used to ball with this lawyer own his own firm he was in his 40's. He was a good guy, used to wear the most plain black shorts and white t-shirt and his shoes never cost more than $60 bucks. He was nasty too

The ignorance that spending wild money on clothes = wealth. To me, if anything it signals insecurity.

Lawyer - Did he drive a BMW/Mercedes/Infiniti or a Kia/Hyundia/Suzuki?

Daps
How many pairs of these brand of sneakers does your dad own? Is he waiting in line for them every month Cowboy Bebop? Did he ever wait in line for them period? Who is the guy who puts them on hold for him? Is your grown ass daddy a "sneaker head"

Answer these questions fakkit :ld:
my dad owns like 3-4 pair of new balances, probaly like 2 pair of air max, and some nike running shoes

my dad also owns about 35 pair of 250+ dress shoes...does he need all of them?..no

does he go lengths to get them?...yes sometimes

according to your logic he should only have 3-4 pair, cause thats what he needs...

you fukked up when you thought you had the right to set guideline and parameters on what people should be buying...if someone wants to wait in line for sneakers, thats cool if they can afford to...I mean thats no different from the white man waiting in line for the new iphone..or the middle class white boy waiting in line for video games every fukkin month..bottomline, let people do them and stop looking down on people foy buying what they want...just because you feel like you are above J's, dont make that a reality...because in reality there are MANY people that are worth much more than you, that are as obsessed with J's just as much as the people you call yourself clowning on here...basically what Im saying, fukk outta here with that "new money' ass attitutde

Daps
Well he was just a budget minded dude I guess... smart man

Yeah, he was a self-made man and he never showed his money. He didn't wanna be judged by that because he came up differently.

Now his house was very nice, but it wasn't gaudy or silly. And he was always the type of guy to buy you a round of beer after a game

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I still refuse to cross the $100 limit when it comes to shoes.

Never have. Probably never will.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Lawyer - Did he drive a BMW/Mercedes/Infiniti or a Kia/Hyundia/Suzuki?

Lol @ comparing the quality of your car (something that gets you to make money) to the quality of your sneaker (something that makes you.....)

Nice car = for the most part, reliable transportation
I'm not seeing the value/benefit of wearing more expensive sneaker over cheaper ones.

my dad owns like 3-4 pair of new balances, probaly like 2 pair of air max, and some nike running shoes

my dad also owns about 35 pair of 250+ dress shoes...does he need all of them?..no

does he go lengths to get them?...yes sometimes

according to your logic he should only have 3-4 pair, cause thats what he needs...

you fukked up when you thought you had the right to set guideline and parameters on what people should be buying...if someone wants to wait in line for sneakers, thats cool if they can afford to...I mean thats no different from the white man waiting in line for the new iphone..or the middle class white boy waiting in line for video games every fukkin month..bottomline, let people do them and stop looking down on people foy buying what they want...just because you feel like you are above J's, dont make that a reality...because in reality there are MANY people that are worth much more than you, that are as obsessed with J's just as much as the people you call yourself clowning on here...basically what Im saying, fukk outta here with that "new money' ass attitutde

Yeah, it's definitely "new money" attitude to not see the logic in buying $300 shoes that cost 5 to make :pachaha:

As stated before, I think waiting in line for videos games and phones is stupid too. All product of mass consumerism. Don't think I'm picking one thing over the other.

Once again, it's not about how much anyone is worth. Your father's amount of dress shoes far exceeds his amount of sneaks for a reason. Why do you think that is? Yeah, what you are saying sounds good rhetorically, but still only proves my point. What's the point of spending so much money on something that doesn't really benefit you? Most y'alls sneaker collections outnumber your professional ones but you're broke.

Edit: Also, I'm not simply just talking about what someone needs. I'm asking, why are these +$300 sneakers needed. Even with the price of Jordan's, where are the shoes needed or the norm for people? Dress shoes are the norm for work, so it makes sense to have a lot of them. Where does the norm for expensive but cheaply made sneakers come in?

Daps
I still refuse to cross the $100 limit when it comes to shoes.

Never have. Probably never will.

Yeah, I think once I got to 75, it was like pulling teeth.

I try and keep it simple with shoes, I buy the same type every time basically, all black basketball shoes. Every few years i`ll cop an all white pair of shoes, and then they get dirty quick and I remember why I don't like white shoes.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't know so many coli posters held PhDs in psychology and/or sociology:leon:

Well, I will in a few years (currently with a Masters, and am teaching psychology at 2 universities).

And yeah, this "hobby" of paying over $300 for a pair of shoes is most likely due to a strong sense of low self-esteem and feeling not good enough for the rest of society. It is a very desperate attempt at compensation for one's inadequacies.

Daps
Let's salute this man...

marburyshoe4.jpg

I remember when I was in college, damn near our whole basketball team copped. The feeling of hoopin in brand new sneaks that cost $15 = :ahh: X2.