Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Final rankings after the 2nd round:

FwVmoQwWAAA1GXu

Bron is objectively up there with Butler, Steph, Tatum, AD, and Brunson for the greatest positive contribution to their team in the playoffs. Only Jokic and Booker were clearly ahead of him. At 38yo he's not the clear best player in the league every round like he was all the way up through 35yo, but he's still easily a top-10 player. I can't think of any other star that was called "washed" while they were still top-10 status.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Final rankings after the 2nd round:

FwVmoQwWAAA1GXu

Bron is objectively up there with Butler, Steph, Tatum, AD, and Brunson for the greatest positive contribution to their team in the playoffs. Only Jokic and Booker were clearly ahead of him. At 38yo he's not the clear best player in the league every round like he was all the way up through 35yo, but he's still easily a top-10 player. I can't think of any other star that was called "washed" while they were still top-10 status.

like KD said "who the fukk wants to look at graphs while having a hoop convo"

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
like KD said "who the fukk wants to look at graphs while having a hoop convo"
TPA is OPA plus DPS

OPA is OBPM adjusted by possession

OBPM is a derivative formula based on statisticians opinion on the value of specific stats as compared to league average

All of the above

is BS. Which stands for bullshyt :heh: Rhakim watches hoops but i have no idea what value of importance any gets out of these 3rd tier derivative stats that he gets over watching the game. I'll already tell you @Rhakim , I respectfully am not interested in your smarter-than-you reply, since as I said, you legit do watch hoops :hubie:
We just don't agree on the application of this or similar analytics for basketball (baseball, different story).

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Why post a lie? Bron didn't miss any free throws in the final minute. Yeah he missed a three, everyone misses most of the threes they take. And he had one turnover where he was fouled from behind.

Outside of the straight lie, those 4th quarter stats are also cherry-picked as shyt. Bron had 7 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists in the fourth, which is great (translates to a 28-16-16 game). He was 1-4 from the field but 5-7 from the line which is fine, did the poster think you have to shoot 7-7 on free throws or you suck? If he had made literally one more shot he would have had 10 fourth quarter points and been the hero in a game going to overtime.

A different way of framing that same shyt is that the Lakers came back from a 12-point deficit in the final 5 minutes with Bron scoring or assisting on EVERYTHING other than the loose-ball foul that sent AD to the line. He scored 4 points, set up all 8 of Reeves's points, grabbed two key rebounds, hit the two most critical free throws with 1:12 left....and all after playing 40 minutes on the night including the entire fourth quarter.

Some of you are wild dumb with this Bron hate. He was the #1 reason they came back. You want to blame someone for that game, then ask why D-Lo was a -28 on the night doing nothing on both ends.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
TPA is OPA plus DPS

OPA is OBPM adjusted by possession

OBPM is a derivative formula based on statisticians opinion on the value of specific stats as compared to league average

All of the above

is BS. Which stands for bullshyt :heh: Rhakim watches hoops but i have no idea what value of importance any gets out of these 3rd tier derivative stats that he gets over watching the game. I'll already tell you @Rhakim , I respectfully am not interested in your smarter-than-you reply, since as I said, you legit do watch hoops :hubie:
We just don't agree on the application of this or similar analytics for basketball (baseball, different story).

For one reason only - because it is an easy way to put one objective thing out there. Of course it's not perfect, but no one can agree about anything objective with the better analyses. So I like posting the objective shyt at least to have a bare starting point.

It's obvious that 90% of the posters here make every single post based on their own subjective impression of what is going on. And we aren't going to agree on who the 10% objective ones are (if it's even 10%, and not more like 1%). Psychologists point out that humans are virtually incapable of coming to objective interpretations of events - they ALWAYS filter shyt through their preexisting biases first and find any way possible to maintain their beliefs before being forced to change.

So I like, whenever possible, to try to throw something out there that isn't subject to my own biased interpretation. I have plenty of issues with box score stats, but at least BPM does everything possible to normalize the stats in a manner that weeds out the obvious discrepancies and creates something as comparable as possible. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's far far better than the PPG guys or the straight propaganda posts like the tweet just above.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Age ended the Pistons and the Celtics. OKC collapsed because of Russ play style. The Pre and Post KD Warriors were also not ended by LeBron. The Pre-KD Warriors ended when KD joined and the Warriors of today it was obvious they weren't performing up to par anymore. They had a troubled season.

All of these are questionable.
:what: You nikkas stay saying anything.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps

I like Lebron but using contrived assertions as proof of anything will backfire. The Pistons had already been cooked by Wade the year before. And one can just as easily say that the Celtics ended the Lebron Cavs I, the Spurs ended the Heatles, the Warriors ended Lebron Cavs II. And then you just feed into the Lebron hater narrative that he jumps teams whenever the going gets tough.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
90% of this board would rather look at graphs than look at your whiny-ass posts that never tell anyone anything beyond your emotional state. :mjlol:

That's interesting

so let's have a ban bet

we can make a poll of who you rather have stay on the coli, me or you and the loser leaves

:sas2:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I like Lebron but using contrived assertions as proof of anything will backfire. The Pistons had already been cooked by Wade the year before. And one can just as easily say that the Celtics ended the Lebron Cavs I, the Spurs ended the Heatles, the Warriors ended Lebron Cavs II. And then you just feed into the Lebron hater narrative that he jumps teams whenever the going gets tough.

The Lakers and Celtics ended each other after the 7 Game series too, both fell off like a bad bag