KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Is it true that pre-Bron returning, he was a God in Akron and hated in Cleveland?

I am from Akron.

After Lebron left in 2010, everyone in Cleveland hated him. In Akron, white people hated him where as black people still continued to love him. Everywhere you go in Akron you still saw black people sporting Miami Heat #6 jerseys. You never saw that in Cleveland.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I am from Akron.

After Lebron left in 2010, everyone in Cleveland hated him. In Akron, white people hated him where as black people still continued to love him. Everywhere you go in Akron you still saw black people sporting Miami Heat #6 jerseys. You never saw that in Cleveland.

Not surprised...typical Edomite behavior...if you don't want to entertain them anymore as a Jake you are worthless to them. If he couldn't dunk a basketball, they would want him 6 feet under or behind bars.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
James believes he has been under-paid for years. The Cavs will probably sell out every game this season thanks to his return. James and his representatives know that other teams have told their players, "LeBron isn't getting the max-deal, why should you?" They believe there is a bigger issue here -- that the owners are making lots of money off stars, and stars deserve the biggest cut possible.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2014/07/heres_why_lebron_james_signed.html#incart_big-photo

Overcharging for the cold crush. I said this just last week.

11. James was upset when Miami won back-to-back titles in 2012-13, but CUT its payroll from $82 million to $80 million in 2013-14 to save money on the luxury tax. While coming home was the main attraction to signing with the Cavs, the actions of ownership in Miami also were a factor. James knows that Gilbert will spend. As I wrote, Gilbert's final two seasons with James (2008-10) had higher pay rolls than Miami ever had with James.

Arison is frugal and this is a guy who is worth $8 billion. He wanted James to take another paycut, that is why he lost him. I truly believe Bron wanted to stay in Miami, but because Arison was not willing to build the depth on the team in addition to giving him the max, be willing to pay the luxury tax, he decided it was best to go back to CLE. If Miami had an owner like Lex Alexander or the Russian, two of a few owners willing to pay luxury taxes, he would still be in MIA. Bron still could have signed a two year deal in MIA, the team adds depth and maybe signs Gasol, Wade retires in 2016 and he still goes back to CLE. I think that would have been an ideal situation for him but CLE could get real good if they get Love and are able to keep Wiggins.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love how he called Dan by his first name, not Mr. Gilbert. Just something to let you know that I'm making you, you aren't making me shyt. Again, boss shyt.

Another thing, whenever seminal moments happen in sports, a past time of mine is to view that respective team's forum or forums. I love seeing what the diehards had to say. This was no different for me. I learned a lot about LeBron and how he is viewed in Cleveland. He is very truthful when he says that the relationship is bigger than basketball. They identify with him, he is them, he represents them. It's far bigger than the relationship that like a Derrick Rose has with Chicago. There is almost a need for him to be there, to make things right. I've heard plenty of Chicago fans say they should trade rose, before the injuries. Those words were never uttered while Lebron was a Cavalier. I've seen pictures of grown men and women crying because of things yesterday. Sometimes we say it's just a game, but it's a game we come here and discuss, laugh at at shake our heads and incredulous things but it can be much bigger. These aren't transient fans, they are lifers with heartbreak after heartbreak, year after year, decade after decade. I'm from Detroit and I have been a Lions fan and have been one all my life, I hate our QB and thinks our coach socks yet I've already reupped on NFL Sunday Ticket, hoping for miracles even the church can't provide. So, while our journeys to mediocrity are different, the feelings are still the same. Cleveland got their miracle yesterday. That has to be an awesome feeling.
Nobody in Chicago EVER suggested to trade Rose before his injuries

that is complete and utter bullshyt :laugh:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Arison is frugal and this is a guy who is worth $8 billion. He wanted James to take another paycut, that is why he lost him. I truly believe Bron wanted to stay in Miami, but because Arison was not willing to build the depth on the team in addition to giving him the max, be willing to pay the luxury tax, he decided it was best to go back to CLE. If Miami had an owner like Lex Alexander or the Russian, two of a few owners willing to pay luxury taxes, he would still be in MIA. Bron still could have signed a two year deal in MIA, the team adds depth and maybe signs Gasol, Wade retires in 2016 and he still goes back to CLE. I think that would have been an ideal situation for him but CLE could get real good if they get Love and are able to keep Wiggins.

I think that there is some truth to this and a lot of scenarios. Peep this. His first year in Miami, he visibly tried to be the villain, but that just isn't him. More importantly, Savannah and the kids stayed in Ohio that year. He proposed and THAT is what got her down there to Miami. He obviously got married but she longed for home, his mom longed for home. As LeBron has gotten older, I think he realized that it's the same with most people you can take LeBron out of Ohio but you can't take Ohio out of LeBron. I shyt on Ohio as a State being from Michigan, not as much as the OG Ed but that's just our rivalry but for a lot of people, they love it. Big Z, for his year in Miami, bought a house there, two years later, moved back to Cleveland. Mike Brown coached in LA, kept residence in Cleveland. There is appeal there and that got to LeBron as well. I think it started from family and it branched out from there. However, I do believe that he is at peace finally. I'm happy for them.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Nobody in Chicago EVER suggested to trade Rose before his injuries

that is complete and utter bullshyt :laugh:

I'm not talking about anyone credible, but you know damn well people get on ESPN 1000 and 670 talking stupid as hell. Rose has always been considered untouchable by the Bulls FO, but all of the fans aren't that loyal, namely because of the belief nowadays that a ball dominant, scoring PG with little firepower around you can lead you to a championship. That is a logical viewpoint to take. They love his toughness, his willingness to put on for his city but people have (correctly) viewed that the Bulls can't win a championship with Derrick Rose as #1 on that team. He has to be #1A and down.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not talking about anyone credible, but you know damn well people get on ESPN 1000 and 670 talking stupid as hell. Rose has always been considered untouchable by the Bulls FO, but all of the fans aren't that loyal, namely because of the belief nowadays that a ball dominant, scoring PG with little firepower around you can lead you to a championship. That is a logical viewpoint to take. They love his toughness, his willingness to put on for his city but people have (correctly) viewed that the Bulls can't win a championship with Derrick Rose as #1 on that team. He has to be #1A and down.
Derrick Rose was pretty much universally loved in Chicago before the injuries, I just dont see what you're talking about

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Derrick Rose was pretty much universally loved in Chicago before the injuries, I just dont see what you're talking about

You are right. He basically is. I'm just saying that on more occasions than I have fingers on my hands, I've heard people say trade Rose. I'm not acting like this is a regular occurrence, I'm just saying I've heard it. I listen to ESPN Chicago basically everyday at work. Back when it was Waddle and Silvy leading off the morning after Mike and Mike, followed by Carmen, Yurko and Harry, they've always held me down at work. Of course the caller was summarily dismissed by the host, their statements were still said. That's all. I'm not saying that there was a majority. If I were to suggest Rose get traded in Inglewood? I'm getting clapped on sight. However, I've heard it. That's all I'm saying.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
BsSYdZnCcAA_CBT.jpg:large

That's some hoe shyt. :smh:
why does spoelstra look liike a straight up mexican with that mustache that he doesn't have in real life :dead:

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Hold up breh, I asked dudes in that mia thread why didn't they offer James A official max offer when everyone opted out and I was hit with an overwhelming amount of :mjlol::dwillhuh:. So they wanted him to take a cut ? shyt makes no sense to let that team go. When everyone seemed to be willing to work something out.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I think that there is some truth to this and a lot of scenarios. Peep this. His first year in Miami, he visibly tried to be the villain, but that just isn't him. More importantly, Savannah and the kids stayed in Ohio that year. He proposed and THAT is what got her down there to Miami. He obviously got married but she longed for home, his mom longed for home. As LeBron has gotten older, I think he realized that it's the same with most people you can take LeBron out of Ohio but you can't take Ohio out of LeBron. I shyt on Ohio as a State being from Michigan, not as much as the OG Ed but that's just our rivalry but for a lot of people, they love it. Big Z, for his year in Miami, bought a house there, two years later, moved back to Cleveland. Mike Brown coached in LA, kept residence in Cleveland. There is appeal there and that got to LeBron as well. I think it started from family and it branched out from there. However, I do believe that he is at peace finally. I'm happy for them.
Damn, so Savannah refused to move down to miami with him until he proposed? I know she loves it in Cleveland and so does his squad.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Hold up breh, I asked dudes in that mia thread why didn't they offer James A official max offer when everyone opted out and I was hit with an overwhelming amount of :mjlol::dwillhuh:. So they wanted him to take a cut ? shyt makes no sense to let that team go. When everyone seemed to be willing to work something out.
No they did not want him to take a pay cut you a$$hole