Leave The World Behind (Movie) - Netflix (Denzel & Julia Roberts/Sam Esmail Directing)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Marketing because of comments like this. It's based on a supermarket checkout aisle summer page turner that was written and came out during quarantine :pachaha:

That's not accurate at all. It's not that kind of book, by any stretch. The book is way more cerebral and intellectual, vicious criticism/observation about modern life, life in general.

My thing with all the nods to race, is it doesn't really have a pay off. It's just there to be noticed. The book wasn't a mediation on race at all. It was a part of it. And all the R&B tracks. In the end, it felt like the message was like The Green Book or something. If there was any overall message at all, It was muddled and contradictory, never really making a point but beating you in the head with messaging.

This is what I think movies recently do, they throw all this bait for the IG sleuths to obsess over, and get debating on Twitter or Tik Tok.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Look yall not gonna convince me that losing the internet is gonna cause people to end up forming militias and overthrowing the government with the government tucking their tails n all that shyt. Sure there may be isolated events from p*ssy losers and it will be a major inconvenience for all of us but that's about it. Let me give you the reality:

We would be like " what the fukk is going on?". We would drive to our fam's houses to check up on them and get together. We would turn on the radio to get updates. Radios still exists you know. There will be town hall meetings with the mayor addressing everything from news to aid locations for struggling families. The commication problems will get fixed and things will be back to normal with a new outlook on American life. That's it.

You missed a few points. It wasn't that there was just no internet. There was no radio, no broadcast TV and all of the big wigs been left and secured themselves. The average person is abandoned. What do you think really happens next?

I think you're underestimating how addicted to the internet many Americans have become. It's literally a daily escape for millions of people from there everyday reality. There's even been research that part of the reason crime is still lower than the peaks in the 80s and 90s is partially because of the rise of the internet, social media and video games providing an addictive escape and distraction. Combined with American groupthink (you see this at supermarkets when moderate snow is in the forecast but many people start buying food like crazy), many people would panic and start acting crazy if communication and internet networks shut down for an extended period.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Fort mose
Point comfort
White Lion

America has to pay for its original sin. Obama sent a subliminal. Too bad he didn’t do shyt about it while he was in office.
Newsflash, whoever is president isnt in control of the country. This isnt a communist state :mjlol:

The fukk did u expect Obama to do? Succeed in getting a veto for reperations? :dahell:

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
This movie was underwhelming but I somewhat enjoyed the ride but damn it felt like a continuous preamble to an actually good movie.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Yeah it has good suspense and the cast is great as expected, but then it just goes nowhere.

I know its more about different characters interacting, but all the characters were fairly annoying and one note.

Also small details like this will always take me out of a movie - Julia Roberts appeared in an episode of Friends.

• Dap
Reactions: CJ