Leave The World Behind (Movie) - Netflix (Denzel & Julia Roberts/Sam Esmail Directing)

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed this.

I found the microwave bombs to be the most terrifying part. Imagine living like that, not knowing when the next time the enemy tries to burst your eardrums would be :sadcam:

The drone scene was pretty good too and guess that's credit to Ethan Hawke. The fact that they were just pamphlets was hilarious though :mjlol:

6/10 for me

Daps
Did the boy really get radiation poisoning from the noise? Why the animals? Why is there always stupid kids doing extra stupid shyt like the girl breaking into a whole another house and making herself comfortable…..without saying anything to anyone.
Yeah it was dumb of her to find a secure, well stocked underground bunker with power. She should have stayed in the house with her parents , they clearly had a plan :skip:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Terrible writing
Not terrible. They showed it throughout, just subtle. She kept venturing out further and further, first it was with her brother, then solo, being ignored by her parents and they obviously didn't have a plan. Look at how long she was gone before they even realized it. It's not like they were sleep.

The most important aspect of the communication shutdown is the planes. They only showed a few planes drop. You’re supposed to put 2 n 2 together and realize that it’s likely THOUSANDS of planes falling from the sky. With NO explanation

So yes, people would absolutely lose their shyt and chaos/anarchy would ensue. And if you doubt that, go watch a 9/11 documentary. When that 2nd plane hit and people realized it wasn’t an accident :damn::damn: So imagine thousands of planes falling with no explanation

Now, here’s where this movie failed: one of my favorite movies of all time is JFK. In the movie Donald Sutherland gives this :banderas: monologue where he breaks everything down for the audience. You NEED that. Most movies do it. Don’t leave it up to the audience trying to be cute. And this movie had the perfect opportunity to do that with the Kevin bacon scene but it wasn’t enough. A movie shouldn’t leave you unsatisfied. It ain’t cute or trendy it just takes away from the movie
They explained that thousands dropped from the sky. It was the theory with the mom being dead. When Amanda says that Ruth is grown and can take it, and GH looks at her like yo...i wasn't ready for her to figure that part out. They told you enough, without actually saying that "your mom's plane also dropped from the sky." But yes, you were supposed to understand that.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Break these down breh.
When they were driving to n the road to the Hamptons the exits were Fort Mose and their exit was Point Comfort.

Very significant. The exit they didn’t turn off was fort Mose which was the 1st acknowledged free black settlement in America, I took that as a glimpse of how America should have been.

They took the exit to Point Comfort which was the drop off point for the 1st Africans brought to America. The name of the ship that dropped them off was White Lion. The year was 1619.

They turned into Americas original sin of slavery and watched it all fall apart. Retribution for a society built on sin that it never atoned for.

Also the fact the black folks built a big beautiful home and white folks just show up and take full advantage was a metaphor for America especially with black people in the basement of the home they built.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
How many slaves were on the White Lion?

In late August, 1619, 20-30 enslaved Africans landed at Point Comfort, today's Fort Monroe in Hampton, Va., aboard the English privateer ship White Lion. In Virginia, these Africans were traded in exchange for supplies.

Point comfort was the name of the exit Julia Robert’s family got off….. white lion is the name of the ship that crashed on the beach

Last edited:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it was dumb of her to find a secure, well stocked underground bunker with power. She should have stayed in the house with her parents , they clearly had a plan :skip:
Yeah she clearly know what she doing eating all the food and just worried about watching friends…..

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Did the boy really get radiation poisoning from the noise? Why the animals? Why is there always stupid kids doing extra stupid shyt like the girl breaking into a whole another house and making herself comfortable…..without saying anything to anyone.
A bug bit his stupid ass when they was an the forest and he had an allergic reaction. . Even if yo teeth feel loose, don't start just pulling them mugs out