Leave The World Behind (Movie) - Netflix (Denzel & Julia Roberts/Sam Esmail Directing)

peppe

Superstar
Daps
fukk that white kid. The world is ending and all she cared about was the ending of fukking friends

+ they choose the kid with the most punchable face.

The black daughter was right them white people was going to get them killed.

Julia roberts played her karen to perfection couldnt stand her. There was 0 zero pay off like there should be a part 2

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Ethan Hawke was such a a p*ssy in this :pachaha:
I was 10 minutes in and I was like they REALLLLLLLY wanna get the point across that this dude is the most useless "man" in the world.. Doesnt know whats going on at any point, ran by his women, has to sneak cigarettes and she has to tell him he can have a smoke on vacay, rations out pitty p*ssy to him while she throwing it at Ali, this man cant even out run his little spaced out dopamine addicted daughter on the beach, has no situational awareness while his wife has acute hearing and more on point when Ali and kid show up, doesnt have a weapon or thought to even defend family, literally says he is useless and begs another man.. :heh:

Ali was cool but him goin out of way for the other family leaving his daughter, smh.. Julia seemed like she a natural at that karen role :mjpls:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it has good suspense and the cast is great as expected, but then it just goes nowhere.

I know its more about different characters interacting, but all the characters were fairly annoying and one note.

Also small details like this will always take me out of a movie - Julia Roberts appeared in an episode of Friends.
Where was a movie like this was supposed to go exactly? Ali's exposition at the end laid everything out there. I don't get what else people wanted out of this film that wasn't explained

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The most important aspect of the communication shutdown is the planes. They only showed a few planes drop. You’re supposed to put 2 n 2 together and realize that it’s likely THOUSANDS of planes falling from the sky. With NO explanation

So yes, people would absolutely lose their shyt and chaos/anarchy would ensue. And if you doubt that, go watch a 9/11 documentary. When that 2nd plane hit and people realized it wasn’t an accident :damn::damn: So imagine thousands of planes falling with no explanation

Now, here’s where this movie failed: one of my favorite movies of all time is JFK. In the movie Donald Sutherland gives this :banderas: monologue where he breaks everything down for the audience. You NEED that. Most movies do it. Don’t leave it up to the audience trying to be cute. And this movie had the perfect opportunity to do that with the Kevin bacon scene but it wasn’t enough. A movie shouldn’t leave you unsatisfied. It ain’t cute or trendy it just takes away from the movie
Between Bacon's dialogue GH's in the car, I think they nailed what the film's message was in the end. They literally went through each phase with flashbacks to visually tie each point together...yet that wasn't enough? I don't get it

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
fukk that white kid. The world is ending and all she cared about was the ending of fukking friends
There's layers to what they were saying in regards to entertainment with this movie.

People always use entertainment to escape the realities of the world. (We lived through COVID-19 and saw just how much people leaned on media to get them through it)...

The irony about this film and content, was that with everything being online and digital, in an event where there is no internet, physical media becomes valuable again.

They showed this with the DVD bunker stash and with the vinyl records they were dancing to. The daughter was attached to the character's and their stories. That's common with fans and human natural. And as sad as it may sound, it gave her some purpose.

Last edited: