Leave The World Behind (Movie) - Netflix (Denzel & Julia Roberts/Sam Esmail Directing)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
You don't need developed critical thinking to "get" the ending. What that shows is that the script and writing itself is extremely underdeveloped and missed the mark. This is coming from someone who reads a lot and is an Esmail fan:russ:
But that also depends on the mark it was going for. I don't think it missed the mark, because the intention of it was achieved. As he said, they were dropping context clues throughout the entire movie of where this was headed, even with Kevin Bacon's final monologue.

I do think that perhaps the kids were not focused on enough to be able for everyone to grasp that we're also following them. Many people that watched in this thread didn't even pay enough to the daughter to know why she liked Friends...and they definitely didn't care enough. That's where the problem lies. I also don't think there's anyway that's possible with 4 Award Nominees as the leads, without making it the kids story.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Look yall not gonna convince me that losing the internet is gonna cause people to end up forming militias and overthrowing the government with the government tucking their tails n all that shyt. Sure there may be isolated events from p*ssy losers and it will be a major inconvenience for all of us but that's about it. Let me give you the reality:

We would be like " what the fukk is going on?". We would drive to our fam's houses to check up on them and get together. We would turn on the radio to get updates. Radios still exists you know. There will be town hall meetings with the mayor addressing everything from news to aid locations for struggling families. The commication problems will get fixed and things will be back to normal with a new outlook on American life. That's it.
You missed a few points. It wasn't that there was just no internet. There was no radio, no broadcast TV and all of the big wigs been left and secured themselves. The average person is abandoned. What do you think really happens next?

Daps
Act like Arab Spring didn't happen brehs

Act 2020 and 2021 didn't happen in America brehs

Act like you can depend on the average American remaining sane and reasonable when they can't use the Internet or go to Starbucks brehs
The man's second paragraph is literally everything that happened in the film based in the thought process he would have in a disaster situation.... really wonder if he watched the movie.

See why I said you have to possess some tbinking skills? :youngsabo:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Look yall not gonna convince me that losing the internet is gonna cause people to end up forming militias and overthrowing the government with the government tucking their tails n all that shyt. Sure there may be isolated events from p*ssy losers and it will be a major inconvenience for all of us but that's about it. Let me give you the reality:

We would be like " what the fukk is going on?". We would drive to our fam's houses to check up on them and get together. We would turn on the radio to get updates. Radios still exists you know. There will be town hall meetings with the mayor addressing everything from news to aid locations for struggling families. The commication problems will get fixed and things will be back to normal with a new outlook on American life. That's it.

:what:White supremacist militias are ALREADY on STANDBY WAITING for a breakdown in a society like in the movie to attempt a takeover.

That is what this entire movie is about.

You've already seen a test run

Frontline_january62021_screengrab_Capitolattack.jpg

capitol-siege-gt-img.jpg

The FBI have already said white supremacists have been trying to attack electrical grids and powerplants and have foiled plots.

2 suspects arrested for conspiring to attack Baltimore power grid, officials say

Last year, the Department of Homeland Security indicated that racist extremist groups would be targeting infrastructure, very much like this alleged plot in Baltimore.

Can you help us understand, why would neo-Nazis want to attack a power station? How does that further their goals?

Brian Levin, Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism: A couple of things.

First of all, historically and culturally, infrastructure plots and attacks and the glorification of it with within various books throughout the movement and prior plots goes back decades.

Some decades ago, I testified before Congress about something called leaderless resistance. And, as the far right frequently throughout history, and especially today, has become very fragmented and cellular, these kinds of targeted attacks that can be done by lone actors or small cells is very appealing, because it gives them leverage with respect to their small numbers.

So, we have both a historic sociocultural identification of these locations as legitimate targets and an overall racial holy war or civil war or, as accelerationists want to do, just burn down society. These folks are looking for some kind of chaos. And what they were hoping is there would be some kind of violent conflict around these attacks or, as in some of these plots most recently, attacks that take place around already emergency situations, like snowstorms or natural disasters. FBI foils extremist plot to bring down Baltimore’s electrical grid

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I liked the movie.

Don’t understand why animals would be acting strange.

If there is no internet or computers there would be no power, gas or water. That’s all computer controlled also. There are manual and gas powered generators as backups but they only last so long.

These migrants better speak the language, nobody got time to translate in an emergency.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The most important aspect of the communication shutdown is the planes. They only showed a few planes drop. You’re supposed to put 2 n 2 together and realize that it’s likely THOUSANDS of planes falling from the sky. With NO explanation

So yes, people would absolutely lose their shyt and chaos/anarchy would ensue. And if you doubt that, go watch a 9/11 documentary. When that 2nd plane hit and people realized it wasn’t an accident :damn::damn: So imagine thousands of planes falling with no explanation

Now, here’s where this movie failed: one of my favorite movies of all time is JFK. In the movie Donald Sutherland gives this :banderas: monologue where he breaks everything down for the audience. You NEED that. Most movies do it. Don’t leave it up to the audience trying to be cute. And this movie had the perfect opportunity to do that with the Kevin bacon scene but it wasn’t enough. A movie shouldn’t leave you unsatisfied. It ain’t cute or trendy it just takes away from the movie

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did the boy really get radiation poisoning from the noise? Why the animals? Why is there always stupid kids doing extra stupid shyt like the girl breaking into a whole another house and making herself comfortable…..without saying anything to anyone.