Leave The World Behind (Movie) - Netflix (Denzel & Julia Roberts/Sam Esmail Directing)

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
That is so dumb. No offense but if no internet/phones scare yall then that's some loser shyt. That is nowhere near a doomsday event for America, or even a catalyst. :russ:
It's communications period. If we lose 2 methods of communication, it really could cause catastrophic failures in the system

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
bytch been ugly. The greatest trick media played was making her and Sara Jessica parker beautiful.
Preach!!! My wife loves Julia Robert's and I've learned over the yrs "can't nobody tell her nothing about Julia Roberts" and she likes her off the strength of fukkin " Pretty Woman" and she was 10 when that movie came out. She swears its a great love story. Let me diss that movie and it's ww3 up in here. But yeah she ain’t ever been pretty or sexy. I never even wanted to at least see her naked in a movie, cause I know she just a basic model azz white woman.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Another decent Netflix movie where the world is on the brink of destruction :ehh:

I liked it a bit more than others in the same field because it's just about the people. There's no aliens, there's no meteors (there was a plane), there's no outlaw groups they have to fend off. It's just about the central people in a house. Plus I love a good "wtf is going on in our neighbourhood" setting.

Creepn

All Star
Daps
It's communications period. If we lose 2 methods of communication, it really could cause catastrophic failures in the system
Look yall not gonna convince me that losing the internet is gonna cause people to end up forming militias and overthrowing the government with the government tucking their tails n all that shyt. Sure there may be isolated events from p*ssy losers and it will be a major inconvenience for all of us but that's about it. Let me give you the reality:

We would be like " what the fukk is going on?". We would drive to our fam's houses to check up on them and get together. We would turn on the radio to get updates. Radios still exists you know. There will be town hall meetings with the mayor addressing everything from news to aid locations for struggling families. The commication problems will get fixed and things will be back to normal with a new outlook on American life. That's it.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Look yall not gonna convince me that losing the internet is gonna cause people to end up forming militias and overthrowing the government with the government tucking their tails n all that shyt. Sure there may be isolated events from p*ssy losers and it will be a major inconvenience for all of us but that's about it. Let me give you the reality:

We would be like " what the fukk is going on?". We would drive to our fam's houses to check up on them and get together. We would turn on the radio to get updates. Radios still exists you know. There will be town hall meetings with the mayor addressing everything from news to aid locations for struggling families. The commication problems will get fixed and things will be back to normal with a new outlook on American life. That's it.
Act like Arab Spring didn't happen brehs

Act 2020 and 2021 didn't happen in America brehs

Act like you can depend on the average American remaining sane and reasonable when they can't use the Internet or go to Starbucks brehs

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah it would only be short term confusion then we would adjust to living like it was before cell phones existed.. plenty of low tech communications would still work in the scenario this movie painted. Walkie talkies, shortwave/ 2 way radio, landlines etc. wouldn't be impacted and Plenty of people still have these laying around...

Yeah we would. The ending is so far fetched for it to happen, it's nearly impossible.

Once we get over the initial shock of what happened, we would've formed militias all across the country and fight alongside our military. Plus our allies would have our backs. If they knocked out our satellites, we would pay Elon Musk to use his starlink satellites, ect. ect. ect.

Minus nukes, it's most definitely not the doomsday scenario the movie makes it out to be.

I agree with this for the most part. If you remember after 9/11 there was a brief period of "unity" and the country came together. We are only vulnerable to be fractured internally through politics. Aint no way a foreign military is attacking and invading this country and these hilibilies sit back and allow it to happen. We would get back to hating on each otther after we deal with the foriegn attack and invaders. We have the most armed civilian population in the world and its not even close. We got plenty of militias that have been training and prepping for stuff like this so no country would want that smoke.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
You half right because politics has already spurred the creation of anarchist militias. In a damn near cashless society, if loss of Internet restricts access to money, mfs would lose their minds. Y'all underestimate how many ppl are on the edge of wilding out

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This movie still sucks.
Maharshela is sus to me, cause he plays gay nikkas for Oscars and a submissive black man in this movie.

People keep bringing up the Obamas, but executive producer is just a vanity title. Their production company
got the funding for the movie etc. Why did they get involved? Because they want to make money. lol

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THERE IS NO POWER IN THE MAJOR CITIES...
PLANES ARE FALLING OUT OF THE SKY
AND TESLAS ARE DRIVING THEMSELVES.

:devil:
:evil:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
This movie still sucks.
Maharshela is sus to me, cause he plays gay nikkas for Oscars and a submissive black man in this movie.

People keep bringing up the Obamas, but executive producer is just a vanity title. Their production company
got the funding for the movie etc. Why did they get involved? Because they want to make money. lol

Its not vanity...he can make tweaks and suggestions to the screenplay as well as gives notes to the writer and director