Leave The World Behind (Movie) - Netflix (Denzel & Julia Roberts/Sam Esmail Directing)

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-the Karen vibes are off the charts
- Mahershala is a dope actor man
- the weird gen lowercase z children don't know shyt about the world. Smh
-Myhy'la headlights tho
-Jake is too naive to live in Brooklyn
I know
got dayum well she ain't run away just to watch fukkin Friends

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That is a fake headline on that Tok Tok video. About a war in China. There will be no war.

BUT, yeah, the movie didn't land this as well, the book expressed a lot of themes about the frail nature of the world, and people in it. The way they all responded. Refused to take it seriously, based on their own biases, but just in general how society is last 10 years, nothing is serious everything is whatever. The movie tried to highlight this with kids, when the parents said "they are already onto the next episode"

despite seeing a tanker run aground hour or so before. We are all like that, the next show, the next song, the next scandal, the next dating app, or social media post, that was a theme of the movie. And someone like Hawke's character was so complacent (in his politics, in his life, in his marriage) that he just thinks it will be all be ok, because it always has been.

and it's probably a more realistic portrayal than movies where everyone turns into an action hero. People who have never fired a gun are gunning down zombies or whatever, but what would an event actually look like? We kinda saw that with COVID. None of us knew how to respond. I kept doing my thing, didn't slow down at all. Some people retreated to their homes and didn't come out. Some went OD paranoid about weird shyt like hand sanitizer. Some went off the deep end about vaccines. The US government had a pretty muddled response. Didn't know what to say or do.

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Another thing I hate about these movies is they bring out the nut ass niccas and bytches who think they dropping gems talmbout "see this what I've been trying to tell y'all. Y'all think the Obama's exec prod this for nothing?" Hoe shut up and sit down! :gucci:
Yup most of my nikkaz on this wave smh …. This movie trash fukk that

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Damn that was 2+ hours wasted and the only good part was the nipples, but her tattoos give off a bedwench vibe.

I hate that the Black Man took care for the White family more than his daughter and the part where him and Julia Roberts was about to hook up was lame.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
if that's what you got out of it i think you missed the point. the daughter was a kid. so of course she's gonna be selfish and unaware.

what i got out of it was how unprepared the adults where, especially George. he had plenty of signs of something coming, along with his contractor friend who'd been preparing for years, but had made no preparations himself.

that's gonna be most of us. we've been getting the signs for years that things are heading this way, but how many of us are prepared? i'd bet the majority of this board has no firearms or stores of ammo, no medical supplies, no food and water. and no neighbors that are gonna be kind enough to help.

friend of mine told me to watch this today. ironically i was on tik tok last night and this came up on my timeline.

lotta people on here think there's never gonna be another war, with china or anyone else, but the signs are all around us that something major is coming.

Man fukk all that.. I got nephews and nieces that are her age.. they are not selfish and unaware like her.. but if even if she is… I still blame her piece of shyt parents for raising her to be that way… ain’t about to make any excuses for shytty kids… like I said.. fukk her and her parents.. the last 20-30 mins of the movie was them looking for her... and the shyt just ended... without them finding her... im sure they will but still... to put your parents through all that shyt... fukk that.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Man fukk all that.. I got nephews and nieces that are her age.. they are not selfish and unaware like her.. but if even if she is… I still blame her piece of shyt parents for raising her to be that way… ain’t about to make any excuses for shytty kids… like I said.. fukk her and her parents.. the last 20-30 mins of the movie was them looking for her... and the shyt just ended... without them finding her... im sure they will but still... to put your parents through all that shyt... fukk that.
you missed the whole point of her character.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That is so dumb. No offense but if no internet/phones scare yall then that's some loser shyt. That is nowhere near a doomsday event for America, or even a catalyst. :russ:

Why isn't it though? It's just not internet and phones, but so many people are connected digitally, so what if those systems fail at the same time? You're talking people losing life savings, and with no access to their bank accounts, how will they purchase supplies they need? All of the information is on some cloud, how many people have physical documents? And if they did, what good would they do when they records they're linked to are gone? Anything linked to the internet is down, and that will cripple a lot of people. Once that happens, the rest will go pillaging.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Guess I did breh :manny:
The entire movie she has been going around pretty much ignored by her parents. Currently, the only thing making her happy is watching Friends.

I don't think she was completely oblivious. She figured out that everyone pretty much abandoned their homes, so eff it. If you have 24-hours to live, what would you do? She said, I'm gonna finish it eating junk and watching the show that's bringing me comfort.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
The entire movie she has been going around pretty much ignored by her parents. Currently, the only thing making her happy is watching Friends.

I don't think she was completely oblivious. She figured out that everyone pretty much abandoned their homes, so eff it. If you have 24-hours to live, what would you do? She said, I'm gonna finish it eating junk and watching the show that's bringing me comfort.
That makes sense.... so ill take the blame off her...and blame her shytty ass parents