Latinos call for their “black panther” super hero

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
What popular characters were racebended and successful?

Interesting.

Miles been around long enough that people don't just consider him "Black Spiderman" anymore.

Kinda good I guess. But Miles is Black Spiderman.

Black Nick Fury. The OG Fury looks kinda like Reed Richards.

John Stewart.

Domino. The Ancient One. Heimdall. Deadshot.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I can't stand how anything mexican they have to put George Lopez in it.

Imo.

I feel his inclusion hurt the box office for the film.
No one in general takes his brand of comedy seriously or as a draw.

That it is more dc wb dumb pills of bullshyt with the choice to include him.
If you wanna make some shyt phoney and oft putting.

Put George Lopez in it.

My daughter was saying how commercial cliche and phoney Lopez is.
That if a kid knows.
Then you not fooling nobody.

Art Barr
That

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
ill say it again! in this day and age im shocked there hasn't been a Storm movie! shyt would be perfect and probably the best marvel movie cinematically. Imagine the FX and visuals in a loaded theatre. A serious tone Storm none of that GoG comedic tone bullshyt.

Storm does not really have a compelling solo arc in her own mag.
to make a solo movie off her own solo book.

Yet you could make a storm solo movie. From issues uncanny 228 - 273. that introduces gambit. Plus deals with and ties into her trials and battle with the nanny. After havoc accidently thinks he kills storm. Where in the fray. The reveal to the movie shows.
the process in which she did not die. Yet has been reverted to a child's age. Plus have it link into the xmen film. Plus her second solo film in xtinction agenda.

As the reveal of storm back as an adult with a bald head. Is an iconic image that would be awesome on film.[only problem is Angela Bassett is too old for this role and I do not see any replacements worthy of being storm]

You could do that movie.
To tie into xtinction agenda. Yet to do this movie. You have to get all the xmen movies correct. you have to get the mutant massacre correct. You have to get the entire sh'iar galaxy, phoenix and the loss of Jean grey correct. You have to get storm to lose her powers and beat scot as leader of rhe xmen powerless. Plus be smart and vulnerable. To allegedly kill the xmen.
to have it so the stage is set in Australia.
with storm at the helm of leadership. Plus having to make originally the hardest decision in the xmen's history to go through the seige perilous.

Of which. I do not really trust.
they will get any of it right. As xmen as been so far removed from rhe sales juggernaut it was previously. Before marvel fukked it up after the image boys left and never recovered. That I have no trust.
someone is available to get it done right.
A storm movie would only work in that nanny story line. Or xtinction agenda storyline. Past that. Marvel got so racist trying to make Scott summers weak ass.
into the great white hope wannabe redeemable hail Hitler type deal. That storm has gotten lost in the shuffle. As far as relevent story telling and relevent draw.
Marvel has moved far and away from the Claremont fascination with writing storm into the character we adore.

Art Barr

Art Barr

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nah, if ant man and Ms marvel have solo joints people would pay out the azz to see a fine azz storm making it rain on the big screen

theyve always been solo characters though. of the xmen, the only ones that were solo capable are wolverine classic, cable, and possibly bishop. storm is kinda dependent on a team or at least having someone to work under her
Interesting.

Miles been around long enough that people don't just consider him "Black Spiderman" anymore.

John Stewart.

miles and john stewart arent raceswaps but legacies.

nick fury definitely counts though. but basing him on sam would make it hard to fail

the others i wouldnt say are successful efforts though

Daps
Interesting.

John Stewart.

Miles and John Stewart technically don't fall under the definition of being race bent. They weren't originally white characters. They are black characters and always have been.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Interesting.

Miles also been around long enough to see a new division in black culture to the point Miles would no longer be considered black. He’s not “FBA” :skip:

First major ‘black’ super hero and breh name Morales :bryan::martin:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Interesting.

John Stewart.

Technically Miles and John Stewart havent been “race bended”. A race bend would be having say for example black Clark Kent or black Hal Jordan. Nick Fury is a race bend though, yes it’s cheap to throw in such and such is the black equivalent of such and such but some of them are not race bending. In John Stewart case it makes sense to have a black Lantern as they are a space police force essentially.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes of course. You’re right. I’ll stop putting effort into my life, and wait for the white man to one day care about me, and send me a check in the mail, and knock on my door, give me a 6 figure job, because you know that’s what they do for everyone else. In fact, that’s what we should all do. Do nothing, have babies out of wedlock, commit crime, and expect the best. Let me get divorced.

:blessed:
this cracka can't even hide hes a cracka anymore :mjlol:

the dumb nikka's that were stupide enough to dap up his bullshyt black chastising post's and giving this cracka positive rep for the last five years like seriously this closeted cracka has a ( Reputation 7,173) just off of making negative anti- black( men) comments with a little simple pro black seasoning sprinkled on top to fool the simple minded

Last edited:
Daps
this cracka can't even hide hes a cracka anymore :mjlol:

the dumb nikka's were stupide enough to dap up his bullshyt black chastising post's and giving this cracka positive rep for the last five years like seriously this closeted cracka has a of ( Reputation 7,173) just off of making negative anti- black( men) comments with a little simple pro black seasoning sprinkled on top to fool the simple minded
First, I’m not white, I’m black. And do I criticize regular black men, or black men doing bad things, usually to other black people?

This thread was about brehs complaining that Latinos wanted a superhero. My original post was saying it’s normal for them to want that, and we sound just as bad as white people, when we ask for representation, talking about “they don’t need one.” Somehow, you turned that into me not being black, and criticizing black men for the fukk of it. I don’t call names, and I don’t accuse people of being white because they don’t agree with me. I also don’t co-sign the Coli general feeling that black people can’t make it in life. So if you want to call that c00nish, that’s sad. That shows how YOU, and posters like you think about the black community. Y’all are the ones saying we have no agency, can’t tell the difference between right and wrong, and some giant white hand is pressing us to do bad things.

Maruchan

Pro
Daps
theyve always been solo characters though. of the xmen, the only ones that were solo capable are wolverine classic, cable, and possibly bishop. storm is kinda dependent on a team or at least having someone to work under her
Wrong wrong wrong. I don't even know what solo capable means. Storm solos have always been good and she just printed solo this year. Her story and powers 1000 times better than antman who is just a nikka in a suit. A decent writer and a good budget can make storm work

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Wrong wrong wrong. I don't even know what solo capable means. Storm solos have always been good and she just printed solo this year. Her story and powers 1000 times better than antman who is just a nikka in a suit. A decent writer and a good budget can make storm work

Did you read it?

And calling any antman a nikka in a suit is like calling batman a nikka in a suit. And I bet that batman would outsell storm on a bad day

Yzak

All Star
Daps
:mjlol: Because nobody wants that shyt. We want either Static or John Stewart
Cyborg could be cool. But I feel like any Black superhero movie will be full of propaganda like the Black panther films