Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You see no black people in the telenovas lol Come on

When black people were doing hip hop they were the first non blacks to watch. That's it.
...what? Hispanics have a long history in NY hip hop breh...

With respect to the show, is Empire set in NY? Regardless I'd imagine they'll have a Hispanic character next season. Demographic reasons.

show is trash tho

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
The fact that they don't even mention that he's part black is absurd:laugh:

"The Jewish Canadian rapper." :heh:

No black papi..... :dead:, I guess "rapper" is code for "black" for their readers...:russ:

I'm so glad the Afro-Latinos gave the author of that article that work. They are right, I've never flipped toTelemundo or Univision and ran across a random black face. I barely watch TV to begin with, but that's almost like seeing a Unicorn. I might actually watch the whole program just to see where the storyline is going.

With that said, do Afro-Latinos not have a magazine?? like Ebony or Essence?? :lupe: .. I know there is a Afro-Brazilian magazine I think recently put out.

TGainz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The bytch expects us to accomidate them in Empire but they can shyt on us and call us mayates......fukk em

Maybe she's just mad because Jamal dumped her favorite character :sas2:

Bruh I'm from the midwest. We dont do that race shyt, your block is your block. It's about Folk Nation and People Nation. Blacks, Hispanics and Whites in the same neighborhoods and gangs quite often. Check out Chicago below

i'm from the Midwest breh, race and shyt in the streets dont even matter.

Bruh you already know them lame ass kings think literally EVERY black mf is a gd :mjpls:.....and let them find out one of their "tragas" is with a brother :mjpls:
:sas2:

edit: Salute to the people in the comments section giving her that work tho

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:yeshrug: well I'm sure fat Joe and ot genesis with the scarface flow will make an appearance

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
The one drop rule? I don't think most people follow that literally. There was even a white supremacist who got his DNA tested and he was 14% black.
Not even necessarily the one drop rule. There plenty of black folks here who we'd consider "pure blacks" but if they were Latino they wouldn't call themselves black

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
I don't know about Philly its a lot of Ricans and blacks cool here. They still do their own thing just like us but I rarely (actually never) see major problems at all between them two groups. I've messed with a few Latinas and never had beef with family/friends or anything like that.

I lived there for years in several hoods and schools. I ain't see no unity between them and us. I had a few 1 or Ricans broads but I also had one or two Italian broads too. And you KNOW how they get down.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OT but :mindblown::banderas:

WhirlwindGoldenAlabamamapturtle.gif

:leon::myman:

1stPick

Banned
Daps
I lived there for years in several hoods and schools. I ain't see no unity between them and us. I had a few 1 or Ricans broads but I also had one or two Italian broads too. And you KNOW how they get down.
These clowns think that because a small % of beans chop it up with Blacks that suddenly its all good :mjlol:

There are CACs and Asians who chop it up with blacks to, that doesnt mean shyt :russ:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Well we've just had two different experiences cause mine don't mirror yours at all even though do agree with some how some Italians act. Just goes to show people even in the same place can have drastically different experiences.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Fam, you constantly come on here playing yourself. Latinos ain't vibing as much as you claim!. I lived there most of my life. In NY/NJ it was real HIT or MISS with Puerto Ricans. With Dominicans it's mostly a no go. In Philly they had there's and we had are's. And in jail you already know what it was.

prs and blacks have a pretty amicable relationship, that doesn't really exist outside this area. again i'm not implying that its all good but there's no hatred/rivalry/serious beef between blacks and puerto ricans in this area. not like texas, or cali or florida where the latinos are super :mjpls:.
So Latinos only exist in New York?

Come on brotha
i clarified my statement, i was too general