Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
These clowns think that because a small % of beans chop it up with Blacks that suddenly its all good :mjlol:

There are CACs and Asians who chop it up with blacks to, that doesnt mean shyt :russ:
Its not all good with anybody but I guess you have a point you want to prove though.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
waiting for you at the do' • 6 hours ago
How would one know whether some of those black extras in the boardroom were Latino unless they hold the implicit belief that "Latinos" = people who look Penelope Cruz (as opposed to Afro-Latinos, who look like Celia Cruz) and show out like Sofia Vergara in everything ever? Hmm, let's ponder that, shall we?

Bet, if you want Latinos, then petition for Faizon Love (aka Langston Faizon Santisima) to play the hilarious and shady head of a small time label. And while you're at it, call Gina Torres to play a high powered lawyer. Then see if Lauren Velez can play Cookie's cousin from Brooklyn. Afro-Latino's need love, too, right? Or do we not count if we don't look like Ricky Martin?
:wow:

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

You can look across any predominantly AA media outlet & see the hate that Dominicans get & 99% of you clowns have never even met a Dominican. This is firmly rooted in African American obsession with racially mixed 'blacks'. Fact. The insecurities rest enitely on the African American side b.

I associate with almost entirely west indians & african americans irl, but none of them have faux superiority complexes and spew ignorant shyt about my people.

Yall talk the most brazen shyt on here about each & every member of the African diaspora but when we clap back you nikkas are whining & playing the victim :heh: It's pathetic.

Last edited:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
For a while on prime time TV it wasn't no black faces as main characters, then you had Scandal which snowballed into shows that started to put more black faces as main characters in television. Now you have Empire which is a black show based on a black family in hip hop, breaking records and making history no less, and now Latinos wanna cry about it? :heh: Latinos were not a part of creating hip hop, they were just there, it's black American culture, Jamaicans have more say than damn Puerto Ricans who just happened to live in the projects. With that said, why don't they stop crying and create their own shyt? Or better yet, address the lack of negros on their telenovelas. They have their own damn channels so they can stfu about wanting a piece of something they have no right to. fukk outta here. Go create your own shyt instead of being on that "mejorar la raza" then complaining about television that shows black faces which they refuse to show on they down damn channels. Ain't that about a bytch? :wtf:

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
prs and blacks have a pretty amicable relationship, that doesn't really exist outside this area. again i'm not implying that its all good but there's no hatred/rivalry/serious beef between blacks and puerto ricans in this area. not like texas, or cali or florida where the latinos are super :mjpls:.

i clarified my statement, i was too general

That's your problem don't know a sneaky sideways nikka when you see one. Get around some ricans in large numbers, say a family gathering or something. What what comes out...

Edub

Veteran
Daps
  • Sooooooo tired of this Minority Market Share shyt...counting the colors of the faces on the screen in certain scenes on a rundown TV drama is pathetic:snoop:...this society is STARVING minorities real talk:mjlol:.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
You know what, I am glad that this show (which I dont watch anyways) doesn't pander to other "minority" groups.

IF you want a show that has lats in it then MAKE YOUR OWN shyt. JUST LIKE WE MADE OUR OWN AWARDS WHEN THE OSCARS KEEP IGNORING BLACK PEOPLE, MAKE YOUR AWARDS, TV SHOWS, AND STOP bytchING ABOUT WHAT BLACK PEOPLE ARE DOING. We don't have that much to celebrate for anyways so to sit up here and to project your jealousy and hatred towards a majority black tv show looks petty and pathetic. WHY DONT YOU bytch TO THE WHITE NETWORKS ABOUT YOUR PORTRAYALS OF NEGATIVE LAT ROLES??

SO Im like fukk em, when did you ever stand up for us? You only want to be with blacks on the good side, but fukk us on the low. They really think they are slick, ignoring Ferguson, Eric Gardner, etc BUT at the same time want to latch to our success, what little we have.

Lattys are nothing but cacs with a tan anyways. YOU people didn't create hiphop SO STOP TYRING TO CLAIM SOMETHING THAT ISNT YOURS.

BTW, did the wolves blow up her inbox about our feelings to this repulsive article? :sas1: