Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk outta here because you want every things through the sameness of limited southern experience. It’s beyond your scope to know how music evolved out of the meshing of different African American and Caribbean cultures.

I feel sorry for you and your strong and wrong arrogance

As in what. Is has been said over and over that the kids in the bronx didn't like reggae? There were plenty of dj's before Herc? :bryan:

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
fukk outta here because you want every things through the sameness of limited southern experience. It’s beyond your scope to know how music evolved out of the meshing of different African American and Caribbean cultures.

I feel sorry for you and your strong and wrong arrogance
From the gospel songs of the slave fields to the Migos and everything inbetween it belongs to me. Trust me dawg I do this AA shyt to the bone. All this shyt mine. You a outsider. No way in fukk you can say anything to change my mind. I know my history. I know my cultures. nikka I am the fukking scope. You nikkas contributed shyt. I don't want everything to be seen through the lenses of southern culture or whatever corny shyt you talkin. Why would I want that when AA culture is rich in every region. From the south to the west, Midwest and the real nikkas in the northeast. We too big to be confined to just one region. All regions of AAs have contributed to the greater culture. We all shine, not just one.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
From the gospel songs of the slave fields to the Migos and everything inbetween it belongs to me. Trust me dawg I do this AA shyt to the bone. All this shyt mine. You a outsider. No way in fukk you can say anything to change my mind. I know my history. I know my cultures. nikka I am the fukking scope. You nikkas contributed shyt. I don't want everything to be seen through the lenses of southern culture or whatever corny shyt you talkin. Why would I want that when AA culture is rich in every region. From the south to the west, Midwest and the real nikkas in the northeast. We too big to be confined to just one region. All regions of AAs have contributed to the greater culture. We all shine, not just one.

What he said.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Goofy nikkas in here ignorant as fukk talkin that "country" shyt fukkin boatie don't realize that country pastors from the south and pimps from the west and Midwest have more to with the existence of modern rap than any Hispanic or Jamaican.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Those other genres I will never dispute. But hip hop was unique to us in this city. We weren’t the south. We didn’t grow up with a wealth of instruments creating our own sound. Schools removed our instruments. So we took southern sounds and shaped into our own grooves. Much of that is rooted in Jamaican dubs use of the sound system and short repetitive beats. Many of pioneers who predate Herc were either carribean or grew up in Caribbean neighborhoods. I’ll be damned if you grow up around that and it not play an influence. Bottom line, it took the conditions we all lived in, the varying make up of the people AND southern soul and blues to form hip hop. Hip hop could have never taken place anywhere else on this planet but 1970s NYC and the people that carried it

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Southern dudes are funny as fukk. NY had some of most DENSELY packed neighborhoods IN THE WORLD. Bed Stuy was the 2nd most dense neighborhood in the WORLD in the 70s. The South Bronx and other NY neighborhoods were in the top 10z. We all lived on top each other. I had over 300 neighbors in what would take up a 3 Family house block in the south.

The NERVE of you niqqas to believe that AA, West Indians and Puerto Ricans in one of the most segregated cities didn’t influence each other. You have no fukking CLUE what it was like to be packed into a mesh of cultures.

The hustle from the 1970s came out of Puerto Rican households in the BX. You think the AA who lived an arm reach away next door wasn’t onto it? Nobody credits NYC for Chicago house music...but it was Frankie Knuckles from NYC that took the Philly sound, spun it The Garage in Lower manhattan before moving to Chicago to become the father of House
Music.

I can’t with you dudes in here. Y’all arent willing to even move off your limited scope of things. NYC was different than any place in the world when it came music in the 70s. We all influenced each other.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This is a trash take right here. Hip hop is a mass of multiple diasporan cultures A.k.a. The mesh that was New York City. fukk outta here making it distinctly southern Because you want to be relevant

you're a great poster but this ain't true for OG HipHOp. HipHop as a fullblown culture was born in NYC but this mesh of cultures myth is a fantasy.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Those other genres I will never dispute. But hip hop was unique to us in this city. We weren’t the south. We didn’t grow up with a wealth of instruments creating our own sound. Schools removed our instruments. So we took southern sounds and shaped into our own grooves. Much of that is rooted in Jamaican dubs use of the sound system and short repetitive beats.

it came from disco dj's not jamaican dub

Many of pioneers who predate Herc were either carribean or grew up in Caribbean neighborhoods. I’ll be damned if you grow up around that and it not play an influence. Bottom line, it took the conditions we all lived in, the varying make up of the people AND southern soul and blues to form hip hop. Hip hop could have never taken place anywhere else on this planet but 1970s NYC and the people that carried it

the majority of the big names before herc were aframs of southern backgrounds, specifically the carolinas. Even Herc's right hand man,"the first MC" was Carolinian rooted.

NYC Rebel

Daps
you're a great poster but this ain't true for OG HipHOp. HipHop as a fullblown culture was born in NYC but this mesh of cultures myth is a fantasy.
No it isn’t. It was of course driven by African Americans, but you don’t live in a city as packed and as segregated as it was And not be influenced by your neighbors.

It’s a FANTASY to say otherwise

NYC Rebel

Daps
it came from disco dj's not jamaican dub

the majority of the big names before herc were aframs of southern backgrounds, specifically the carolinas. Even Herc's right hand man,"the first MC" was Carolinian rooted.
The biggest disco outfit in the 1970s out of NYC was Salsoul Records.

Sal= Salsa
soul= soul music

Again....you have no CLUE. This city was a marriage of diasporan cultures.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No it isn’t. It was of course driven by African Americans, but you don’t live in a city as packed and as segregated as it was And not be influenced by your neighbors.

It’s a FANTASY to say otherwise

correct, the influence was afram dj disco culture, slang, music etc.. on everybody else

Herc's own words

ovmJA8A.jpg

5hC8Hr0.jpg

his friends couldn't tell he was Jamaican...I wonder why?:skip::pachaha:

jHDOQMy.jpg

NYC Rebel

Daps
correct, the influence was afram dj disco culture, slang, music etc.. on everybody else

Herc's own words

ovmJA8A.jpg

5hC8Hr0.jpg

his friends couldn't tell he was Jamaican...I wonder why?:skip::pachaha:

jHDOQMy.jpg

Who cares if they couldn’t tel if he was Jamaican? There were other DJs before Herc and some were from the Caribbean and other in carribean neighborhoods.

You’re not going to datamine your way to tell me the dynamics of this city. Your own common sense knows that if you have over 1,000 people packed in on one city block, you’re gong to kids who feed off each other. Citing names and origins doesn’t speak to the origins of the things that influence them. You brought up disco, I show you the main disco outfit in NYC was Salsoul. The father of House music is from NYC, mixed the philly sound in NYC and brought it to Chicago...but no one says NY or Philly started house music...but I’ll be damned if they didn’t influence it.

This city was a mesh of cultures and circumstances which created hip hop.

Daps
Southern dudes are funny as fukk. NY had some of most DENSELY packed neighborhoods IN THE WORLD. Bed Stuy was the 2nd most dense neighborhood in the WORLD in the 70s. The South Bronx and other NY neighborhoods were in the top 10z. We all lived on top each other. I had over 300 neighbors in what would take up a 3 Family house block in the south.

The NERVE of you niqqas to believe that AA, West Indians and Puerto Ricans in one of the most segregated cities didn’t influence each other. You have no fukking CLUE what it was like to be packed into a mesh of cultures.

The hustle from the 1970s came out of Puerto Rican households in the BX. You think the AA who lived an arm reach away next door wasn’t onto it? Nobody credits NYC for Chicago house music...but it was Frankie Knuckles from NYC that took the Philly sound, spun it The Garage in Lower manhattan before moving to Chicago to become the father of House
Music.

I can’t with you dudes in here. Y’all arent willing to even move off your limited scope of things. NYC was different than any place in the world when it came music in the 70s. We all influenced each other.

I'm from the city....naaaaaa fam them Puerto Rican's shared the circumstances but they damn sure wasn't the lifeline of this shyt at all...Next you'll be trying to lend credence to that Spanish reggae shyt...You brought up a dance lol