Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I can believe the Tooth fairy is real, but it doesn't make it a fact :troll:

All this knowledge being dropped and dude think he has claim to hiphop.
lol

I already said i read IllmaticDelta's posts because they are the same as ones he posted months ago in another thread about African American music. nothing he's posting is new to me.

and at the bolded, i guess guys like Dougie Fresh, Red Alert, and Grandmaster Flash are guests in hip hop

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
He is right though. Latins and blacks do things together in NYC but, it still is some bullshyt when it comes to dating, and the family. Also, with "blackness", and them not liking the association with Africa. Its a weird relationship.
Yeah I never really could chop it up with Puerto Ricans unless they were from St. Croix which is an entirely different culture. They are weird and I will leave it at that. All the years when I lived in Miami I never had problems with Colombians. There are racists in every race, but dating, going to a party, get together, or shyt even going to a baby shower was never a problem. Never heard of them trying to jump on the black bandwagon either. I mean shyt, Psycho Les is the only Colombian rapper I ever heard of. The Dominicans were cool too more to hang out though.

Bottom line. I don't like it when Blacks have success and everybody feels that we have to share, when other cultures don't. People be like hey are are the same when black person is doing something great that makes money and is cool. A regular black that does the right thing, they still want to treat them as a criminal. smdh.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I never really could chop it up with Puerto Ricans unless they were from St. Croix which is an entirely different culture. They are weird and I will leave it at that. All the years when I lived in Miami I never had problems with Colombians. There are racists in every race, but dating, going to a party, get together, or shyt even going to a baby shower was never a problem. Never heard of them trying to jump on the black bandwagon either. I mean shyt, Psycho Les is the only Colombian rapper I ever heard of. The Dominicans were cool too more to hang out though.

Bottom line. I don't like it when Blacks have success and everybody feels that we have to share, when other cultures don't. People be like hey are are the same when black person is doing something great that makes money and is cool. A regular black that does the right thing, they still want to treat them as a criminal. smdh.
When I wrote dating I meant its a problem for the older family members or some of the family straight from the islands. People still date each other with no problems a lot of the times, but, a lot of the time it is some race bullshyt. And its with people who look black or mixed. The shyt just has me:wtf:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
lol

I already said i read IllmaticDelta's posts because they are the same as ones he posted months ago in another thread about African American music. nothing he's posting is new to me.

and at the bolded, i guess guys like Dougie Fresh, Red Alert, and Grandmaster Flash are guests in hip hop

Jamaican music and in particular Ska music is African American influenced so that means without African Americans, there is no Jamaican music:troll:

Without Ethiopians and African Americans there is no Rastafarian movement :troll:

But I guess African Americans and Ethiopians are guests in Jamaican culture:troll::francis:

WyldStyle

Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Dirty Jerzey
suck
OT but :mindblown::banderas:

WhirlwindGoldenAlabamamapturtle.gif

:leon::myman:
sucks that shes a clam eater

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ufdup: u mad jose

they gotta wait their turn to be americas c00ns, we had too fight to become americas entertainment.....right now their the underclass and in a few centuries they will be in position to sell their souls for that jew $$$$

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Jamaican music and in particular Ska music is African American influenced so that means without African Americans, there is no Jamaican music:troll:

Without Ethiopians there is no Rastafarian movement :troll:

But I guess African Americans and Ethiopians are guests in Jamaican culture:troll::francis:
Man your analogy aren't even good enough to be funny.

Jamaica had mento which was influenced by other genres (caplyso, jazz, soul etc) to become ska and reggae
without Ethiopia, yeah there wouldn't be a Rastafarian movement

You got more?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

exactly, everyone tries to convince us to be fair and inclusive when its our shyt. but when they're off building their businesses or producing their own media, blacks are the LAST people on their minds.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
You never see Cuba, DR, PR, or any other of them carribean latino countries participate in the "west indian " day parade in NY. They have their own shyt separate from nikkas
:francis: i've seen prs, panamanians, and drs at the parade

west indies is a term that really only describes the english speaking islands since the only ones called West Indies, In French and Dutch, they called the islands Antilles. i believe Caribbean Hispanics prefer Caribbean over West Indies

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
When I wrote dating I meant its a problem for the older family members or some of the family straight from the islands. People still date each other with no problems a lot of the times, but, a lot of the time it is some race bullshyt. And its with people who look black or mixed. The shyt just has me:wtf:
I feel what you are saying, but I wasn't really focusing too much on dating. I was looking at the whole social aspect. A lot of times when Hispanics groups get together and you the only black there, they can act funny style. Say slick comments or your homie may not be as cool as if you were hanging outside their click. I saw this primarily from the NY Ricans when I stayed in Orlando briefly through one of my homies that chops it up with them. They were the orange kind, not the black ones.