Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
NY, Philly, DC...northeast...it's blacks living with blacks that speak spanish and think they're not black.
And let's talk about how they speak both languages poorly. Mothafukkas are illiterate in two fukking languages.

There are some Ricans that can't properly speak spanish. The system is dysfunctional.

Back4The1stTime

All Star
Daps
I keep trying to tell y'all that they don't ride with us like that. But it amazes me how most people not black will look down on us but as soon as we make something hot (which is pretty much everything) then they want in on it, and then want to control the narrative. Nah playa, go make a show about salsa or something. :camby: But it's about time blacks start standing up for what we create.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
where else in the US is there a large black latino population with the type of history NY has? the Northeast is really the only place where where "nonblack" latinos and blacks have a long history together

You said Latinos not black Latinos. And op article don't give a fukk about black Latinos, they wanna know when mestizo Latinos are gonna be shown.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
You said Latinos not black Latinos. And op article don't give a fukk about black Latinos, they wanna know when mestizo Latinos are gonna be shown.
Did they say mestizo Latinos? I already said the magazine is stupid. And are not black Latinos Latinos?

I should clarify my first comment, stop talking about black/latino relations in NY

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
I keep trying to tell y'all that they don't ride with us like that. But it amazes me how most people not black will look down on us but as soon as we make something hot (which is pretty much everything) then they want in on it, and then want to control the narrative. Nah playa, go make a show about salsa or something. :camby: But it's about time blacks start standing up for what we create.
They won't control the narrative of our culture, and we will stand up for what we created this time. NY Rap hasn't been dominant nor hot outside of Jigga and G-Unit for damn near 20 years. So their "Complaints" will fall on deaf ears.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
R.I.P. Super Rockin Mr. Magic aka Sir Jugo/Juice

mr-magic.jpg

3d53b8ed-2875-4070-8c61-2ef4f43a319b.jpg

343cc280b965c610d47f9711a4bf35c0.jpeg

alg-music-mr-magic-jpg.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Magic

John "Mr. Magic" Rivas, (March 15, 1956 – October 2, 2009)[1] was a prominent hip hop radio DJ.
Contents
Career
Mr. Magic debuted in 1981 on WHBI-FM in New York City with the first exclusive rap radio show to be aired on a major station. Billing itself as Rap Attack, Magic's show featured Marley Marl as the DJ and Tyrone "Fly Ty" Williams as the show's co-producer. Magic moved to WBLS-FM in July 1982. Magic's reign on the New York City airwaves lasted six years and was instrumental in broadening the scope and validity of hip-hop music.[2] Mr. Magic recorded one 12" single as an artist "Magic's Message (There's A Better Way)",[3] produced by Spyder D for Posse Records in 1984.

During the mid-80s there was a rivalry between Mr. Magic and Kool DJ Red Alert, who hosted a weekly show on WRKS-FM. The feud also played out between proxy rap groups, the Juice Crew and Boogie Down Productions (see The Bridge Wars). The Juice Crew - headed by Mr. Magic's on-air assistant, DJ Marley Marl - was named after one of Magic's aliases, "Sir Juice."[4] In April 2000, Mr. Magic began to take on a new role, with new faces; Kdabra, and Mah Gambino (aspiring rap artists). Mr. Magic first met Kdabra then was introduced to Mah Gambino, and soon discovered their lyrical capabilities. He then took them under his wing as their manager and offered them positions to become interns at Hot 97 FM on his then show "The Classic Showcase" with Fly Ty, and DJ Mr. Cee.

In 2002 Magic lent his voice to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, as himself, a DJ on one of the in-game radio stations.

Death
As confirmed by DJ Premier, Mr. Magic died on the morning of October 2, 2009 from a heart attack.[5]

References

• rtsp://rtsp-youtube.l.google.com/CkYLENy73wIaPQnU5e6rgQYlthMYDSANFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoWg5DbGlja1RodW1ibmFpbGD05L7cgs79rEoM/0/0/0/30/video.3gp
  1. Mr. Magic, Real Name John Rivas, Brought Hip-Hop to Masses HispanicBusiness.com. Retrieved on October 2, 2009.
External links

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Did they say mestizo Latinos? I already said the magazine is stupid. And are not black Latinos Latinos?

I should clarify my first comment, stop talking about black/latino relations in NY

Use your head. What you think she means when she says she wants latinos? she wants them j lo/mark anthony looking ones. They want obvious looking latinos.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Use your head. What you think she means when she says she wants latinos? she wants them j lo/mark anthony looking ones. They want obvious looking latinos.
AGAIN i said the magazine was stupid. Can you read?

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
you had latinos on that rah rah shyt for sure but don't ignore a huge lot in the east who were down and built with black folks, on the street and in prisons..

:dead: This couldn't be farther from the truth take this from a guy who spent a couple months in New York/Jersey cells back in my knuckle head days Blacks and Latino's ain't holding hands singing kumbaya.