Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Off her first point, blows her credibility. Record company CEOs do not sit in on recording sessions. Music company CEOs have at least produced in their career.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Latinos just so happened to be living in the vicinity of black people during the inception of Hip-Hop. Anybody that says otherwise is just spitting some revisionist history.
It's not revisionist, breh...The Young Lords...The Zulus...etc...all had PUERTO RICAN members...many early MCs, djs, writers, bboys were PUERTO RICAN...Puerto Ricans are just lightskinned nikkas who speak spanish, though...Y'all people from retarded areas with those mini fridge body mexicans assume all spanish folks are of that ilk. Naw. Island spanish are nikkas, b. In fact, more black than us, culturally. We don't do any african shyt. They do...and have a damn near african diet...doing west indian witchcraft...but "me no black papi"

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
It's not revisionist, breh...The Young Lords...The Zulus...etc...all had PUERTO RICAN members...many early MCs, djs, writers, bboys were PUERTO RICAN...Puerto Ricans are just lightskinned nikkas who speak spanish, though...Y'all people from retarded areas with those mini fridge body mexicans assume all spanish folks are of that ilk. Naw. Island spanish are nikkas, b. In fact, more black than us, culturally. We don't do any african shyt. They do...and have a damn near african diet...doing west indian witchcraft...but "me no black papi"

You normally a decent poster but please just stop :aicmon:

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
That aspect of "influence" is overplayed, and does it really matter? That's like when white people try to deflect from slavery by saying Africans sold African Americans into slavery, so Africans are responsible for slavery. Y'all can't play this game with West Coast rap and The Dirty South rap. N.W.A. put the West on the map. UGK, Outkast, Scarface, and 8 Ball&MJG put The South on the map.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
5 REASONS WE CONSIDER DRAKE AN HONORARY LATINO
BY CRISTINA ARREOLA • MARCH 10, 2015 • 1:01PM
Them Spanish girls love Drake like he's Aventura — with good reason. The biracial, Jewish, Canadian rapper may not be Latino, but that hasn't stopped him from openly expressing his love for all things Latina. In fact, his recent Instagram tributes to Selena Quintanilla prove this rapper knows a thing or two about our icons. To that, we say: HYFR.

Find out why we crowned Drake an honorary Latino:

http://latina.com/entertainment/celebrity/drake-honorary-latino

:dead:

i swear mane