Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Than they are not AA"s:stopitslime:

And I think problem here, is that cats have a problem with shyt being African American specifically not just black. A'lot of the non AA blacks on here are pretty much in the same boat as those latinos on that web site:yeshrug:

Hip hop rest on the foundation of AA music that came before it-Disco, funk. And the AA dominated disco scene that ruled new York at the time. Also cats are underestimating the AA population in new York
then the West Indian population of New York is even higher.

Again, I said there is no hip hop without West Indians. ya'll really trying to pretend like dudes weren't born outside America or were 1st gen americans :laff:

nobody has a problem except yall, yall want to shyt on and exclude West Indians like we aren't the same as you but will get mad if we don't claim black/African-American. you don't see West indians claiming jazz, soul, etc because we had nothing to do with that. Our music is influenced by yours. but you guys are pretending as if you take away every West Indian that hip hop would be what it is now. without west indians there's no hip hop and it wouldn't be where it is today. it wouldn't be. take away Afrika Bambaataa, DJ Kool Herc, Slick Rick, Dougie E Fresh, Grand Master Flash, Red Alert, Richard Crazy Legs Colon, Biggie, Irv Gotti, Uncle Luke, Dipset, KRS-One, i can go on.

Fact is AA+Caribbeans+NYC=hip hop

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
:duck:

tumblr_mmx1z0Te8t1r961bco1_500.jpg

would be #1, 2 and 3 on my list
She's not talking about you specifically but I think in general.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying they didn't influence the art of music that helped create rap, I'm saying the people who started hip hop said themselves that reggae, didn't influence them. I heard, and read this.

Kool herc said he couldn't play reggae because the people didn't like it. Of course some DJ would play it considering how big being a DJ was at the time, and they need something to be different but being influence, I have yet to hear someone say it. I'm talking about people from the late 60's to 1974.

I'm kinda confused here but I got part of it. Who are the people you're talking about from the late 60's and early 70's?

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thats

only because they are still being colonized.

I know, but the word "black" has the exact same meaning in Africa as it does in America (the sole difference being the eschewing of the one drop rule). The concept of "black" as a racial category was created by cacs in America too, American black people just preferred it to "negro".

Last edited:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Again, I said there is no hip hop without West Indians. ya'll really trying to pretend like dudes weren't born outside America or were 1st gen americans :laff:

nobody has a problem except yall, yall want to shyt on and exclude West Indians like we aren't the same as you but will get mad if we don't claim black/African-American. you don't see West indians claiming jazz, soul, etc because we had nothing to do with that. Our music is influenced by yours. but you guys are pretending as if you take away every West Indian that hip hop would be what it is now. without west indians there's no hip hop and it wouldn't be where it is today. it wouldn't be. take away Afrika Bambaataa, DJ Kool Herc, Slick Rick, Dougie E Fresh, Grand Master Flash, Red Alert, Richard Crazy Legs Colon, Biggie, Irv Gotti, Uncle Luke, Dipset, KRS-One, i can go on.

Bullshyt!

I never heard this Caribbean played a big part nonsense UNTIL I heard Jamaicans taking claim, then others started doing it. Now, that we are saying it isn't true, you are saying we are mad about it? Bullshyt!

Its called telling the truth. Hip Hop came from NYC, out of Disco. It was west Indians who made it about something else. I remember the whole thing.

But, as usual its hate AA, and we are some sensitive. Again. BULLshyt!

BTW, everyone you named came AFTER hip hop was created!

I'm not against my west Indian brothers, and sisters bit a lot of times y'all be on some bullshyt, and play mind games. You tried to say without west Indians hip hop wouldn't be around, but you was called out on it with facts, now you are trying to say we are mad because what you WRITE IS WRONG?

WHAT?:scust::dead:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps

Breh, you're creating a false dichotomy because you can't prove either one. Not to mention some of the cats you listed don't even consider themselves Caribbean. Also you're not even taking into account the fact that these dudes were influenced by African American culture, African American musicians, and African American DJ's. Each of them played their parts in making hiphop what it's become today, but to sit here and say that hiphop is NOT African American music is just crazy man. Alot of these cats come from the Bronx just like me.

Mr Bubbles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:patrice:

umm

I'm watching you:ufdup:

that shyt is suspect how the only black princess has to have an 'other' for a mate...

and now he got her doing s&m:comeon:, role play n shyt.

That movie was such bullshyt on so many levels. Can't believe they tried to pass that off as an attempt at a black Disney princess movie. We can't have a normal fairy tale. Naw, our princess has to be a frog most of her movie in the deep south and can't even have a black prince. fukk Disney.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm kinda confused here but I got part of it. Who are the people you're talking about from the late 60's and early 70's?
The black spades, DJ kool Dee, disco king Mario. That is the hip hop part but some of the hip hop people was part of disco. Those as lovebugstarski, DJ Hollywood, Pete DJ Jones. You get the point.