Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
As in there was a large wave of British West Indians in Harlem from 1900s-1930s that assimilated into the greater African American population. There's a lot of AA New Yorkers whose grandparents are from Barbados, Antigua or the Virgin Islands etc.

Than they are not AA"s:stopitslime:

And I think problem here, is that cats have a problem with shyt being African American specifically not just black. A'lot of the non AA blacks on here are pretty much in the same boat as those latinos on that web site:yeshrug:

Hip hop rest on the foundation of AA music that came before it-Disco, funk. And the AA dominated disco scene that ruled new York at the time. Also cats are underestimating the AA population in new York

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
grew up with p.r.'s and have mixed p.r. fam ...... s.p. is eating good in the 305. the capital of Latin America. a lot of the younger generation of cubans ain't with that dumb chit of the old guard. and i've seen up close and personal their tight hustle.

:stopitslime: Stop Lyin. You can't be Black.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
No they weren't.

I'm not talking about the disco that was associated with gays, I'm talking about the disco that didn't have a name. It was called Disco when it became popular. Disco was an older people thing. Meaning you had to get dressed up, go to a club, and pay money to get in the party. This form of disco helped create hip hop.
you're wrong there

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
she needs to gtfo with that bullshyt. I can guarantee you there are only 5% of afro-ricans (either playing maids or raggaton mcs) on rican soaps and movies. she better sit her clown ass down.

I just finished empire literally 5 min ago, and I noticed the only 2 white people I saw in this ep, was ol boy wife and the white maid. :pachaha:

maybe now they can know how it feels.
What white maid? The only other white person I can think of is Judd Nelson, the owner of the rival record label (& former brat pack/ Hollywood 'bad boy')

& I'm sure Jennifer Lopez & Fat Joe will be on the next season; if not season 3.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:coffee: If this had been a list of the 10 hottest Latinas not one black woman would've been on the list and The Coli would've been :noah: there would've been no talk about how c00ned out many Latinos are, and the minute someone would try to mention it some breh spouting: can't we just enjoy the mami's without talking about race" would sound off. Once again proving why no one should take The Coli brehs seriously about anything race related. You all are about black power until a PAWG, PAAG, or PAHG comes by then it's :mjpls:

That is simping. When c00ns run a culture, then it is :snoop:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I never heard the founders say they were influenced by reggae,or scatting. They all said the influence were radio DJs, James Brown, disco(the sound systems, and music), and funk jazz music. I'm not talking about the people who came after kool herc but the people who imitated.

James Brown is one of the founding fathers of funk along with acts like George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic breh. Not to mention, scat singing is a staple in jazz music. And DJ's were spinning reggae in the 60's as well.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:coffee: If this had been a list of the 10 hottest Latinas not one black woman would've been on the list

:duck:

tumblr_mmx1z0Te8t1r961bco1_500.jpg

would be #1, 2 and 3 on my list

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
James Brown is one of the founding fathers of funk along with acts like George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic breh. Not to mention, scat singing is a staple in jazz music. And DJ's were spinning reggae in the 60's as well.
I'm not saying they didn't influence the art of music that helped create rap, I'm saying the people who started hip hop said themselves that reggae, didn't influence them. I heard, and read this.

Kool herc said he couldn't play reggae because the people didn't like it. Of course some DJ would play it considering how big being a DJ was at the time, and they need something to be different but being influenced, I have yet to hear someone say it. I'm talking about people from the late 60's to 1974.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
well that got absorbed. its still something interesting and something thats overlooked. like in Miami, a quarter of the black population in the early 1900s were Bahamians. don't you wonder why West Indians overwhelming went to NYC and not someplace warmer? its because of jobs and the previous wave having gone there

It's not overlooked because they made an impact on African American history that African Americans recognize ( Men like Marcus Garvey and Arthur Schomburg are popular).

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is bullshyt. They call themselves/others black and have been using the term since at latest the 19th century. Black people are legally black (official census data) in African nations.

thats

only because they are still being colonized.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I will say though...good for blacks we like to Kum Bah Yah too much...if black americans starTed to practice what other groups you'll start to see more ethnic groups who ennjoyed spitting at y'all will become all up in their feelings. But because you guys let others disrespecr you that's why they are bold to say that ish.

I've called and I can say @marcuz has consistently called it as well.