Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes. you want me to go through a list of all the West Indians in hip hop?
Just because you have people with west Indian parents don't mean hip hop comes from Jamaica. That means it comes from the south also because some of the people who came before kool herc and were around him, came from the south, directly.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This makes NO sense. So let's not speak on hip hop being african American since a Jamaician started it.

We even now, idiot?

For the last time people, Kool Herc didn't invent Hip Hop as a whole. His contribution was that he played breakbeats because he saw the breakers only dancing to that part. That was it.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Just because you have people with west Indian patents don't mean hip hop comes from Jamaica. That means it comes from the south also because some of the people who came before kool herc and were around him, came from the south, directly.
quote me where i said that.

i said without west indians there is no hip hop. indisputable. if it was false, hip hop would have developed in the south, which is the center of African American culture

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
quote me where i said that.

i said without west indians there is no hip hop. indisputable. if it was false, hip hop would have developed in the south, which is the center of African American culture
No. Hip hop was happening before Kool Herc even thought about djing. I'm fact most of the people who influenced herc were AA either directly from the south or family was from there.

Do you know the history of hip hop?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
For the last time people, Kool Herc didn't invent Hip Hop as a whole. His contribution was that he played breakbeats because he saw the breakers only dancing to that part. That was it.
The premise of the DJ and an MC chatting is based off of reggae. Bottom line, this city was a place with there was a meshing of cultures throughout the black Diaspora. shyt...puerto Rico is more African in culture than African-American culture is.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
No. Hip hop was happening before Kool Herc even thought about djing. I'm fact most of the people who influenced herc were AA either directly from the south or family was from their.

Do you know the history of hip hop?
Yes.

You think its a coincidence that hip hop developed during a wave of immigration from the Caribbean and migration from the South to New York City? Again, explain why hip hop culture (not rapping) didn't develop in the South. The South has and has always had the majority of African Americans

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
Still waiting on y'all "Hotep 100% black/Back to Africa" nikkas on The Coli to refute Malcolm X's statement on Africans sitting on the sidelines during the Civil Rights Movement and distancing themselves from Black Americans to look good for whitey(which they still do to this very day.)