Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I guess they had

They did all those things after seeing black people do it.
They did it with black people. The same way the hospital from disco came out of Puerto Rican households. That's how we all got down in NYC

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
No body is friends with us period. You can't point out one instance where Ricans have done anything for black folks so stop it. Thinking cause some Ricans were breakdancing in the 80s some how their down. I don't want anybody but us. We are special and unique. We don't need to be diluting our essance with any caping.
Have you seen many Rican families in NY? Theyre nothing but mixed blacks and Ricans intermarried.

You're not from here, so you speaking On something you don't know is loud talking.

FYI....The largest black library in the world, the Schomberg, was created by a Puerto Rican

Spin

All Star
Daps
The author's opinion in that list makes her come off as attacking something "black" related because she knows there won't be any repercussions. There is an issue with every minority group in how they're portrayed or just totally left out movies/tv shows. However, she just decides now is the time to point out this show because it's popular? Why doesn't she go to the root of the cause which has more to do with the industry itself than one random show that happened to get popular?

On another note, Lee Daniels doesn't have total creative control over Empire. If you guys seen the interview with one of the creators, Daniel Strong, the other week it's obvious he holds some weight in the decision making. Then you have the network which has its own agenda as well.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
You see no black people in the telenovas lol Come on
Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
you call dark skinned BW crispy and only elevate biracial women w/white parents, how are you any different?
1. I've never referred to a black woman as crispy
2. Who are these bi-racial women with white parents?
3. I uplift all black women

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Latina Magazine made a list of things that are wrong about the Tv Show Empire
http://latina.com/entertainment/tv/t...p-hop-industry

Thank god Hip-Hop left NY. Those NY black folks let these people get too bold. Rap for the last 12-13 years has been in The Dirty South. So they haven't had shyt to do with this genre for the longest. Afro Latinos going in on them in the comments section too.
and who is to say the mixed cast dont have latin mix in them...

a) blacks do have to embrace a large community base as old and new leaders
b) black white fight. very..has been on for sometime, and thus an integrative community
c) per the comments very ironic that latinos are fighting for represenation on black/hip-hop show...maybe angie martinez on the 2nd season or fat joe..etc

...and vice versa...black people in good role on latin tv...which is very whitewashed looking, and tan mexicans or brown mexicans do need casting...on latin tv too

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Have you seen many Rican families in NY? Theyre nothing but mixed blacks and Ricans intermarried.

You're not from here, so you speaking On something you don't know is loud talking.

FYI....The largest black library in the world, the Schomberg, was created by a Puerto Rica
n
i was about to say this

plus politically they vote for black candidates too, unlike dominicans

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. I've never referred to a black woman as crispy

Nothing wrong with black American men preferring our own. Sick of people trying to shame us into liking that bald headed crispy bytch Lupita too.
@ModernFonzie go get some lightening cream so you can bleach crispy ass nikka burnt nikka. You're darker than my elbows. Talking down to a black woman

stop lying like a bytch

2. Who are these bi-racial women with white parents?

once again, lets start with tia mowry. she has a white father, does she not?

3. I uplift all black women

fukk outta here