LATINA ACTRESS Dania Ramirez DEFENDS using "the n" word

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I can't watch the vid; but, it looks like the one where he said he's not sayin' "nikka" anymore (after a trip to the Motherland).

According to Paul Mooney (as told by Neal Brennan [Chappelle Show]); that was for stage and he still said it off

Either way; I agree with it. If we gon' continue to use it, in public, it's hard to get mad at other's using it.
Yeah I agree that black people should stop being so overt with using the word out in public because all that does is lets the non-blacks feel comfortable enough around to go say it recklessly. I set that standard with myself by not saying nikka unless I'm on the internet or in my own home with close friends or family who are also black.

The way I see it is that all these non-black people who don't identify with the black struggle or wanna deny their affiliation to black people should not be saying it.:stopitslime: Yeah I'm talking about all them Puerto-Ricans and "Me no black" ass Dominicans who feel like they better than black people or deny their black heritage but still dikk ride our culture. Stop listening to our music, dressing the way we dress and using our slang and culture if you don't like black people so much. If you don't identify with the struggle or the plight of black people then stop trying to be like us that's all I'm saying.:manny:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
As for the "if we gon' continue to use it, in public, it's hard to get mad at other's using it", that's not the point I was trying to make. What I'm saying is I don't believe we as Blacks or anyone should be using the word.
I can't argue with that.
really????...black people objecting to white people saying the word is the reason for the word being taboo for non blacks...i dont think that needs to change...non black people still say nigguh even though that is taboo so just imagine how bad it will be if black people dont resist the idea of whites..or dominicans using the word freely...
Bro', us "resisting" isn't makin' our state of being better

I'm more concerned with her actions (to @spliz)
.I mean is it that hard to understand?...and even with the times she admitted to using it...it was on NEGATIVE terms...on top.of.that...outside of the word..she has made racist COMMENTS..and racist ACTIONS...and furthermore...not every BLACK PERSON uses the word...the bytch talks about slavery like it's the good ol days and nikkas still not getting the picture...we fukkin blaming EACHOTHER like we always do...anytime we wanna stand up for our rights..fukk this generation for real...

I'm more concerned about that

I don't even know what happened outside of her being in a lawsuit or sumthing

But, I did read about her slave wedding and Sambo Sandwich

That's what I'm concerned about

I understand black ppl being up in arms, but, it's hard to fight for when we try the "do as I say and not as I do"

My bad, we're not a monolith

Even though I don't throw it around (a lot of the media I consume has the word) it's hard to get angry about

Like you said; it's more crazy is usin' it to harm and actual racist actions

Last edited by a moderator:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:skip2: I'm tired of explaining to white people and other races of people why we as black people are able to use it and they can't.

Whenever a white person asks me that dumb azz question I ask them 2 things:

1) Give me a situation in your daily life that calls for you to use the word.

2) And why as a white person do u wanna say it so bad knowing the historical context of that word as it was used by whites?

They be like :patrice:

I go :comeon: Exactly!

:myman:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I care about the word nikka the same way I care about the word dumbass.

If your friend calls you dumb motherfukker, you just going laugh it off and dap him up. Because its just harmless fun between friends.

But if a stranger walked up to you and called you a dumb motherfukker you would be mads hell. Because you don't know that person and he coming at you in a disrespectful way.

Both scenarios use the same word but there were different implications.

:ufdup: It's not about the word in general, it's about the context and the situation at hand.

And Lets keep it real, it's obvisous when a person is using the word as an insult or just a friendly manner.

The only thing I hate is when people say nikka, but it comes off as forced and awkward. Those people should never say nikka. Espescially not to fit in.

This is the REALEST POST IN THIS THREAD.

I command all of you to dap this (ironically named lol) individual.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Told y'all once before that Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are MADDD suspect!!

Unabomber-sketch.png

Dominican and Puerto Rican is a nationality you dumb fukk.

Dominicans/Ricans are black.

How many times do we have to go through with this?

There is no such thing as "Spanish" people.

They are Black People who speak Spanish.

"Im a Patois person from Jamaica" ass nicca :snoop:

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
I can't argue with that.

Bro', us "resisting" isn't makin' our state of being better

I'm more concerned with her actions (to @spliz)

I'm more concerned about that

I don't even know what happened outside of her being in a lawsuit or sumthing

But, I did read about her slave wedding and Sambo Sandwich

That's what I'm concerned about

I understand black ppl being up in arms, but, it's hard to fight for when we try the "do as I say and not as I do"

My bad, we're not a monolith

Even though I don't throw it around (a lot of the media I consume has the word) it's hard to get angry about

Like you said; it's more crazy is usin' it to harm and actual racist actions

im just saying the rules are the rules and they shouldnt change for somebody like dania ramirez...i am going to keep the tradition of not letting certain people get too loose with the word--:manny:...

Last edited by a moderator:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
im just saying the rules are the rules and they shouldnt change for somebody like dania ramirez...i am going to keep the tradition of not letting certain people get too loose with the word--:manny:...

It is what it is

I'll keep having one rule for all ppl

ChiefQueen

HBIC
Daps
Ain't she Black tho? She looks like she is. Or is she another self hating Dominicano. :mjpls:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I agree with her.:leostare: Ever since I started lurking in the Higher Learning forum I have found out that we all originated from Africa so I began to consider myself black and using the word on a regular basis.:smugbiden: Just today, I encountered a portly and overly loud gentleman who was standing in line in front of me at Dunkin' Donuts. I whispered: "Ugh, leave already you fat ass nikka" underneath my breath and proceeded to suck my teeth. I think he heard me because he turned around and looked at me like so: :birdman: However, I looked at him in the following manner::upsetfavre: and asked him if he realized that I was of African descent as well. He sighed, turned back around, and continued ordering.
:beli:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:salute:
Anytime this debate comes up in real life, I drop that shyt and everybody shuts the fukk up. It's such a simple concept that no seems to understand

Yup...it's just like women..they call themselves bytches all day long..but let some random dude walk up to them and call them a bytch all hell gonna break loose...cause not ONLY is he an outsider..men have a lush history of using that word negatively against women...white people have literally 100s of years of negative use of the word ****** against blacks...so fukk em...and how they feel about it..