LATINA ACTRESS Dania Ramirez DEFENDS using "the n" word

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
This debate. Again. For the billionth time.

Me personally, most people find this word offensive. Whether they are a friend or not. I'm not gonna call my friends or others sh!t that they find offensive or disrespectful.

But I live in the UK and even most black people here don't use that word. And most of the ones that do, they just trying to be American...

But I always crack up with these debates tho. They've been had a billion times. Its like the never ending argument.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
:dead: at her putting Spike on Front Street.

Must be nice to have such accommodating African-American friends.

:ld:

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I like Dania Ramierz but the way she answered the question was :ufdup:

Adding i Have African-American Friends ( U part Black also honey ) , I talk with spike lee, etc, etc. is not the way u handle something these news programs want u to say.

But i have to appreciate the places in brazil i visit when the people i ask there background they said black as oppose the people around the carribean who deny there black background, because of america programs show u them the ignorance instead of the positive light of blacks..

but right now i'm to old to argue about how people view themselves.

all i have to say everybody get that wake up call someday

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

I can't watch the vid; but, it looks like the one where he said he's not sayin' "nikka" anymore (after a trip to the Motherland).

According to Paul Mooney (as told by Neal Brennan [Chappelle Show]); that was for stage and he still said it off

Either way; I agree with it. If we gon' continue to use it, in public, it's hard to get mad at other's using it.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Adding i Have African-American Friends ( U part Black also honey ) , I talk with spike lee, etc, etc. is not the way u handle something these news programs want u to say.

But i have to appreciate the places in brazil i visit when the people i ask there background they said black as oppose the people around the carribean who deny there black background, because of america programs show u them the ignorance instead of the positive light of blacks..

im the same way...i threw in the towel

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
fukk her. Until she admits to being black at least then she may have some say to people using the n-word. But otherwise unless she feels its okay to use Hispanic derogatory slurs endearingly among other people, then she has no right to demand that we should allow the usage of the word that most African Americans find racist and offensive.

And i'm tired of this century old debate over the n word anyway because as long we carelessly use it in our vocabulary, it only gives racists a cop out and the first thing they'll say is black people use it among each other all the time, why can't we? How stupid do we sound disputing that fact?

:skip2: I'm tired of explaining to white people and other races of people why we as black people are able to use it and they can't.

Whenever a white person asks me that dumb azz question I ask them 2 things:

1) Give me a situation in your daily life that calls for you to use the word.

2) And why as a white person do u wanna say it so bad knowing the historical context of that word as it was used by whites?

They be like :patrice:

I go :comeon: Exactly!

The point I'm making is that white people and other races of people have no reason to use the n-word whatsoever but yet they still complain about the fact that it's not fair because they are mad that black people have turned the word "****** into nikka" and something that's considered cool in their eyes and the real reason why they're mad is because they just wanna use it to be down but they can't. So they feel left out. :umad: White people need to accept that the n word will never sound right coming out of their mouths because of the historical context of the word. That's just the way it is. :manny: When a black person hears it out of their mouth it will automatically be assumed to be a derogatory term.

That's why I encourage white people to say nikka if they want but don't act all surprised when you get you ass beat by a real nikka. :heh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I can't watch the vid; but, it looks like the one where he said he's not sayin' "nikka" anymore (after a trip to the Motherland).

According to Paul Mooney (as told by Neal Brennan [Chappelle Show]); that was for stage and he still said it off

Either way; I agree with it. If we gon' continue to use it, in public, it's hard to get mad at other's using it.

No..and im sick and tired of every single time we feel a way about some shyt..shyt gets turned right back on us..this white bytch is a 67 year old white woman from the deep south..she knows EXACTLY what it is..she ain't some ignorant young dumb bytch..of COURSE we gonna feel a way about the people who said the shyt to us in a negative way for HUNDREDS of years using it...I mean is it that hard to understand?...and even with the times she admitted to using it...it was on NEGATIVE terms...on top.of.that...outside of the word..she has made racist COMMENTS..and racist ACTIONS...and furthermore...not every BLACK PERSON uses the word...the bytch talks about slavery like it's the good ol days and nikkas still not getting the picture...we fukkin blaming EACHOTHER like we always do...anytime we wanna stand up for our rights..fukk this generation for real...

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Is the word special like that. All you simps would let her call you the n word with the er on the end if you thought you could fukk stop it. Dominicans dont know any better as a lost people. Cacs sterlize their women and use their island as a dumping ground for ammunition and they still want to be a cac. They're obviously Gone!

:comeon:

you're thinking of puerto rico.

and just cause a dominican considers themselves a white hispanic, does not mean he is neglecting his african ancestry. im white as fukk and i would be classified as a white latino, but my grandfather is a BLACK man. i would never deny my african blood.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

Adding i Have African-American Friends ( U part Black also honey )
, I talk with spike lee, etc, etc. is not the way u handle something these news programs want u to say.

That part had me :childplease: :comeon: .

I don't call myself black, because I a non-black parent, but I would never say "I have black friends" as a reason for anything when I have African ancestry.

She said that shyt like she was a cac. :wtf:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yes, it's the one where he talks about not saying the word n*gga again.

Unless I hear it from Paul Mooney's mouth, it's irrelevant to me. And even if it was staged, what Richard said in the stand up was on point.

As for the "if we gon' continue to use it, in public, it's hard to get mad at other's using it", that's not the point I was trying to make. What I'm saying is I don't believe we as Blacks or anyone should be using the word.

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps

really????...black people objecting to white people saying the word is the reason for the word being taboo for non blacks...i dont think that needs to change...non black people still say nigguh even though that is taboo so just imagine how bad it will be if black people dont resist the idea of whites..or dominicans using the word freely...

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I care about the word nikka the same way I care about the word dumbass.

If your friend calls you dumb motherfukker, you just going laugh it off and dap him up. Because its just harmless fun between friends.

But if a stranger walked up to you and called you a dumb motherfukker you would be mads hell. Because you don't know that person and he coming at you in a disrespectful way.

Both scenarios use the same word but there were different implications.

:ufdup: It's not about the word in general, it's about the context and the situation at hand.

And Lets keep it real, it's obvisous when a person is using the word as an insult or just a friendly manner.

The only thing I hate is when people say nikka, but it comes off as forced and awkward. Those people should never say nikka. Espescially not to fit in.

sidenote
Latin Maids looks like some straight piff. I'mma be low key checking that shyt out. Carla from the scrubs old could still get it :steviej: