LATINA ACTRESS Dania Ramirez DEFENDS using "the n" word

Daps
Reppin
NULL
last straw. Just not saying the word ever again in a casual context. I don't want her saying it or trying to justify it. That's just made me mad for whatever reason. Maybe its the voting rights act vote, but I just feel militant today.

GOOD! black people need to get angry. this is why i'm certain a not-guilty verdict in the zimmerman trial will be the match that lights the fuse. the c00ns on the-coli are disconnected from the simmering rage we feel towards white america and its apologists (some of whom, sadly, are black - as seen on this forum).

stay angry, brother. it's only going to get worse in the coming year. these crackers are NOT playing. so neither should we.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why:

why the fukk are you dumb asses associating enchiladas with dominicans? thats a mexican food you ignorant fukks.

theres a lot i can say on this subject but its just not winnable with a lot of you pro-black militants. most of ya nikkas is racist as fukk then want to get sensitive for every little thing. all ya see is fukking color, nothing more.

its crazy how a lot of you dudes in here showed your true colors, we can all be talking about diffrent subjects on this site about women/sports/movies/entertaintment etc and have the same general opinion and everything would be cool...but as soon as the subject turns to race/color, the true racism just comes out and a lot of ya really showing a LOT of hatred

i say nikka all the time,not because "i want to get associated with blacks/be black" like some of idiots have already said. but because i grew up in harlem in a predominately hip hop culture. im dominican and i dont speak spanish for shyt, i can understand it but my words dont flow out as right. never in my life have i ever gotten checked for saying "my nikka", because it comes out natural to me and its just the way i talk.

is it wrong? maybe, but when i say "my nikka" or anything of the sort, theres nothing racist about it at all. not a ounce. am i denying my african ancestry? no. do i look black? no, i got the big nose from my grandfather whos a black dominican but i got a jcole complexion (only comparison i can come up with this moment)

anyway fukk most of ya in here, i come to this site cause its a hip hop centered site and like i said a lot of us got the same views UNTIL it turns to race. so fukk ya for saying "why dont latinos go to latino sites" and all the other dumb shyt that was said in this thread.

suck my dikk you racist fukks

shut the fukk up, you self-hating fakkit.

do i look black? no, i got the big nose from my grandfather whos a black dominican but i got a jcole complexion

:laff:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Where I grew up there were Tongans, Samoans, Asians and Mexicans all saying the nword. It didn't bother me. I don't like using the word myself though. Hell I heard the Polynesians say it more than the blacks lol

Cali shyt

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
GOOD! black people need to get angry. this is why i'm certain a not-guilty verdict in the zimmerman trial will be the match that lights the fuse. the c00ns on the-coli are disconnected from the simmering rage we feel towards white america and its apologists (some of whom, sadly, are black - as seen on this forum).

stay angry, brother. it's only going to get worse in the coming year. these crackers are NOT playing. so neither should we.
:dead:

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
1. Someone who says ****** says it for a different reason than someone who says nikka. They're two different words.
2. Context.

Slow mofos can't grasp basic shyt :snoop:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
shut the fukk up, you self-hating fakkit.

:laff:

When the fukk did I said I hate my nose? I was pointing out the only African trait in my facial appearance and because I did that I hate it?

I'm guessing this ur way of expressing self hatred, I said big nose n the 1st u thought was hate...good job

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So the nation and the culture you've developed around it, become the race.

us latinos are not any specific race. they basically use the term latino to put us all in one group but we are a huge mix of pretty much every race.

for example look at this map i found of DR on wiki and how we have a little bit of everything in us

800px-Ancestry_of_Dominican_Republic.PNG

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
:why:

why the fukk are you dumb asses associating enchiladas with dominicans? thats a mexican food you ignorant fukks.

theres a lot i can say on this subject but its just not winnable with a lot of you pro-black militants. most of ya nikkas is racist as fukk then want to get sensitive for every little thing. all ya see is fukking color, nothing more.

its crazy how a lot of you dudes in here showed your true colors, we can all be talking about diffrent subjects on this site about women/sports/movies/entertaintment etc and have the same general opinion and everything would be cool...but as soon as the subject turns to race/color, the true racism just comes out and a lot of ya really showing a LOT of hatred

i say nikka all the time,not because "i want to get associated with blacks/be black" like some of idiots have already said. but because i grew up in harlem in a predominately hip hop culture. im dominican and i dont speak spanish for shyt, i can understand it but my words dont flow out as right. never in my life have i ever gotten checked for saying "my nikka", because it comes out natural to me and its just the way i talk.

is it wrong? maybe, but when i say "my nikka" or anything of the sort, theres nothing racist about it at all. not a ounce. am i denying my african ancestry? no. do i look black? no, i got the big nose from my grandfather whos a black dominican but i got a jcole complexion (only comparison i can come up with this moment)

anyway fukk most of ya in here, i come to this site cause its a hip hop centered site and like i said a lot of us got the same views UNTIL it turns to race. so fukk ya for saying "why dont latinos go to latino sites" and all the other dumb shyt that was said in this thread.

suck my dikk you racist fukks

Then this doesn't apply to you, I was primarily talking about dominicans that deny any African Ancestry in their blood but still who wanna be like nikkas but not get treated like one.:manny:

And Hip-Hop culture is a black culture that was started by black people let's just make that clear.:mjpls:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

Naw, they gotta understand that there is much more to the world than what they see on muthafuccin' TV! What are they, kids? And even so, i'm sure they've seen on TV that black folk are not too cool with non-black folk callin' them that word. If they don't know that and they plan on living here, that's some chit they need to put in the pamphlets they give out at customs.

That's as ass-backwards as white folks from here moving to DR and calling all the people who don't look like them "minorities".

i admit its ignorant. DR is a 3rd world country but it is what it is. its just about fear of having to face the same racism without realizing that they gonna face it anyway.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
WHAT! The Dominican Republic is a floating whorehouse. It the 5th biggest destination for prostitution on Earth, who want's to associate with that??? All after all the oppression we have experienced we are collectively 100x as successful as Dominicans. Take that nonsense to DR1.com!

100x as succesful? yea cause u see black owned business all over the hood. :rudy:

if u mean in sports and entertainment then yea ya got it, but the average joe black in america isnt as succesful as the average joe dominican that comes here opens a bodega by the PJs and gets rich selling ya 50 cent sodas and bags of popcorns and hohos

:clap: very succesful indeed. by the way, where i work the purchasing director, athletic director and kitchen director are all dominican. :smugdraper:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm Mexican and I'm not gon act like I've never said it, but I don't use the word at all in conversation.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Just came across this article by a Dominican. @amaury136
Elaine Vilorio: Coming Out As Black

Coming Out As Black
By
Elaine Vilorio
sFuq9wD.jpg

I'm Black. After many years in the closet, after many years of breathing that stale air of self-denial, I can finally say this.

Growing up, I dreaded the question "What are you?" I always proudly answered that I was Hispanic. In fact, I made it a point to emphasize my Hispanicity simply because I knew what was coming next. "I'm Hispanic; I speak Spanish; my parents come from Dominican Republic. I'm Hispanic. And, just to clarify, I'm Hispanic." To this, the other person confessed: "Oh... I thought you were Black. You definitely look Black." The problem was I perceived the identification of "Hispanic" outside the realm of Blackness; but then, I wasn't the only one. Take note that the other person in my scenario thought the same thing. Right after my declaration of Hispanicity, he/she stripped away the "Black" label with the phrases "I thought" and "You definitely look."

The conventional definition of "Black" completely leaves out Hispanics, and this is because the latter is ashamed of African ancestry. As a result of this shame, American society has excused Latinos from identifying themselves as Black or African American. I recently read Henry Louis Gates, Jr.'s Black in Latin America, and I'm amazed at what I learned. Eleven million Africans survived the Middle Passage and came to the Western Hemisphere. Out of this almost unfathomable number, only 450,000 Africans came to the United States. Gates expresses the significance of these numbers nicely: "The 'real' African American experience...unfolded in places south... of Texas, south of California, in the Caribbean islands and throughout Latin America." [1] Why, then, has the stereotypical Hispanic comprised mostly European and Indigenous features? Where did the Black go? It was buried under unofficial segregation, under whitening campaigns of populations and national histories, under racism.

In a previous post titled "Another Latina Nerd Tells Her Story (With a Twist)," I acknowledged the fact Hispanics are expressive of a spectrum of skin pigments and general physical features. However, I stressed the fact I was Latina. I deliberately avoided saying I was Black. I'm writing in a way that implies the struggle to grasp my Blackness happened exclusively during my childhood; the truth is, the struggle spanned my childhood and lasted up until last year. I felt acknowledging my Blackness would erase my Hispanic heritage. That being written, Dominican culture, the half portion of my bicultural makeup (adjoining that of American culture) is a curious case. For a good amount of time, Dominican Republic was the Western entry point of African slaves; its population is an abundance of Negroid features.

However, instead of racially identifying themselves as "Black," most Dominicans choose the term "Indio," which literally means Indian. The guise of Whiteness is still upheld, but to avoid the foolishness of associating extremely dark skin with Whiteness, pigmented skin under that of the Native American is embraced. The rejection of Blackness was intensified by the country's subjugation under Haiti, a period of brutal military occupation that lasted for 22 years in the 19th century. As Haitians were a very Black people, even more so than Dominicans, the pigment of their skin became further associated with barbarity. All of these factoids are merely simplifications of very complex historical happenings; to avoid a totally thorough history lesson, they are presented to add perspective to my racial realization. That is, my personal issue of racial identification is not just personal; it spans a long history of racially divergent peoples.

I began to seriously contemplate my Blackness when I decided to stop chemically straightening my hair. Then, college application season came around and the Common Application befuddled me. First, it asked if I was Hispanic or Latino. Of course, I answered "yes" to that. But, following this question, it asked me to identify myself more specifically. Was I Native American, Asian, White, Pacific Islander, Black? I was hesitant, unsure. The first time I perused the Common Application, I left that question blank. Gradually, though, I grasped that Black didn't just mean born-and-raised, purely Afro-descended Americans; Africans; and non-Hispanic Afro-Caribbeans.

The scenario I talked about in the beginning of this post still happens today on a regular basis. There is, however, one important modification. While "the other person" continues to separate Blackness and Hispanicity, I now include Blackness under the Hispanic umbrella. A couple of days ago, a classmate of mine, yet another individual fulfilling the role of "the other person," asked me, "What are you?" I responded with the short, sweet, and accurate "I'm Hispanic." She was surprised and answered with the typical "I thought you were Black." I swiftly confirmed I was. At that point, she was confused, and questioned how I could be both. I explained.

In an effort to understand my racial roots, I'm currently engaging in an academic research project that explores the roles and identities of Black Hispanics immediately after slavery and into modern times. Part of this project will involve interviews with current Black Hispanic students, some raised in the United States, some recent immigrants. How have American racial norms affected the former? How have the racial norms of different Latin American countries (with a special focus on my parents' native Dominican Republic) affected the latter? While these pursuits are by no means unique (as Gates fulfilled similar, more extensive, work in his book), I'm eager to share my findings with you all in my next post.

Last edited by a moderator: