LATINA ACTRESS Dania Ramirez DEFENDS using "the n" word

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
last straw. Just not saying the word ever again in a casual context. I don't want her saying it or trying to justify it. That's just made me mad for whatever reason. Maybe its the voting rights act vote, but I just feel militant today.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Jews talk about each other all the time. They know they cheap and stingy as fukk. Let somebody that's not Jewish say some anything about them though :mjpls: Gays call each other faq/gay on some joke shyt. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Huge show with derogatory slur. Let somebody thats not gay call them any of those names though :mjpls: Women call each other bytch....Imma bad bytch yada yada....Let a man do it though :mjpls:

But but why do blacks use the word if they don't want others saying it...

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
yea she feels that way until she comes across a black person that DOESN'T use the word and checks her azz...we'll see how liberal she is with the word then

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a5fdzt_th.jpg
en los arbustos!

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Man black people need to stop claiming all these folks that don't want anything to do with us. I mean if she doesn't want to identify as black fine let her be. Other than brown skin she doesn't seem have any standout African features to me. As for her using the n-word she spent a large part of her life in New York and from what I've seen a lot of the latinos there use the word regularly and get a pass. She's just in that comfort zone but doesn't really understand why she shouldn't be using it or why Paula Dean was wrong and the difference in context.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The mixed folks can be the biggest races much of the time.

the purpose of breeding mixed breeds into existence was to create a hierarchy in the minds of the dark skinned black, to further their subjugation. The creation of an unclassified sub-race of blacks which retains the label "black," psychologically renders non mixed blacks as inferior even among what they perceive to be their own race.

Yall are telling me the mantra of light skinned blacks being naturally superior to dark skinned blacks, isn't in the same vein as the age old belief that non blacks are also naturally superior to dark skinned blacks?

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
The fact that there's even a discussion in this thread about the 'n-word' (:aicmon:) is disgusting. Because it proves the attention has successfully been derailed from the legitimate racism by Paula Deen to this trivial 'black the Negroes' shyt...which, when you think about it, is the most racist thing of all. Because apparently black people can't have our own flaws/contradictions (like literally every other group in history) without crackers, c00ns and company using said flaws as reason for why Paula Deen should be allowed to force black employees to only go to one restroom, or be nostalgic about slavery.

'Paula Deen's racism' and 'Black people's choices in vocabulary' are too different discussions with no connect or parallel whatsoever. They literally have nothing to do with each other because Paula Deen didn't say 'what's up, my nikka'...this isn't a V-Nasty situation. When you mixed the two discussions up and treat them as one, it creates this horrible scenario when all uses of the word 'nigg*r' with racist intent can be outright justified with flimsy logic, as if there's no such thing as context or subtext.

People always find a way to expose themselves. Dania Ramirez just did. She should've just said 'Paula Deen was wrong' and left it at that, but you can't stop a person who desperately needs to wag their finger at those pesky negros. :beli:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
There needs to be something about PAWG's and black women, and this thread would single handedly represent all of the major topics in TLR: Race, Nationality, Nas, CAC's

shyt is :blessed:

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
but if i run around calling her a spic or a wetback shed get her enchiladas in a bunch, stupid bytch

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I tried to find where she says she's not black and I couldnt find it. I think people are making the assumption because she dating a white latino. um. black latinos have been dating white latinos for decades now, how do you think they became mixed?

Daps
I have no problem with Hispanics using the word, but her explanation was bullshyt and constitutes tap dancing and downright c00ning

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Yes.

Dania has NEVER called herself black.

She has always maintained she is a white dominican. Hispanic/Latino Americans are very racially diverse, and as a result form an ethnic category, rather than a race.

Her race which she claims she is will fall under white dominican.

She is not claiming us so we can not claim her.
link? cause I saw in an interview for Heroes she called herself black, but I can't seem to find one where she claims white domincan. :skip: