LATINA ACTRESS Dania Ramirez DEFENDS using "the n" word

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You were making a distinction between a Caucasian person and a white Latino.

You were saying white Latinos aren't 100% racially white, that's why they aren't called Caucasian. So that's why I was asking you what is a Latino that is just straight Caucasian.

for the most part, we arent 100% racially white. but i think just being born in PR doesnt make u a latino. for example after u posted about ricky martin and cameron diaz i looked it up

Star of Something About Mary and In Her Shoes has a 2nd generation Cuban-American Father and according to NYrock.com her mother is of German, Dutch and Native-American descent. Ask.com also mentions that Diaz has English descent on her mother’s side.

A user of this site commented below and stated that Diaz also has Scots-Irish descent on her mother’s side. The source of this information include oral and written family histories and the U.S. census 1790-1930.

Diaz’s paternal family is originally from Spain via Cuba.

she is white. if she was born in pr she is nationality wise puerto rican but she is white. and since PR is a US commonwealth she is pretty much white american. its like a black army sergeant and his wife being stationed and having a baby in japan. doesnt make him asian.

but real latinos born and bred and raised in DR, PR or wherever that appear to be white would be called a white latino. Ricky martin is probably a few generations ahead of her so he would be considered a white latino.

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
She just fukked up her career, for the long run. Once whites close the book for her, which they will because she will want better acting gigs, but she has a black/latin look to her so she won't get too many roles in white Hollywood, a lot of blacks will remember what she said. Unless she show her t*ts, and become the new latin/exotic whore for hollywood. She made it seem like she is not part of the black community, when we know she grew up with us, especially if she is from the north east.

All she had to do was say "I grew up in an environment where black, and latins, both said it so it's natural for me to say it". Instead, she made her self sound like she is different from that community, and if blacks can say it others can as well. She was making it sound like she is part of the white community. I guess she is running from the hood or that type of culture now that she has "made it". She also threw Nas under the bus, and changed up the whole meaning of why he walked the carpet the word ******, and naming his album that. She didn't even explain why he did that. She said it like he just named his album "******", just to do it.

Damn, when people get a little shine, they change bad. I knew it was gonna happen with her, but not like this. Watch her backlash, and she change up everything real soon.

c/s.. remind me of J-LO when she got blasted wit ja rule on i'm real.. after the backlash and puffy sh!t went down, she went from i'm a girl from the bronx to new time machine..

I can honestly say even tho charlize theron is white, she always say she's a south african girl. every interview she does she hit them wit some south african talk.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
breh, its dumb to say your not black and then want to used the n word. no matter how you slice it. it really just comes off as yall lookin like idiots tbh.

and any person who is white...no matter what country they are born in, is still white and thus shouldnt identify as black.

period

the n-word has pretty much become synonymous with guy, friend, dude, etc. most of the time when its being used it has no racial connotation to it. shyt ive even heard nikkas say "yea the chinese nikka over there!" or "yea that white nikka from downtown!". so ya look like idiots when somebody uses it in that same sense and get all pissed off.

if somebody says "fukk that black ******" then i totally get it. fukk paula deen she was being a racist pig i aint defending her. but in urban circles, nikka has absolutely no racial value anymore. its just a urban word for 'guy'.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
fukk her. Until she admits to being black at least then she may have some say to people using the n-word. But otherwise unless she feels its okay to use Hispanic derogatory slurs endearingly among other people, then she has no right to demand that we should allow the usage of the word that most African Americans find racist and offensive.

And i'm tired of this century old debate over the n word anyway because as long we carelessly use it in our vocabulary, it only gives racists a cop out and the first thing they'll say is black people use it among each other all the time, why can't we? How stupid do we sound disputing that fact?
Nah son don't know what sucka shyt you on but every group has words that they say to each other that you better not say so fukk that shyt you talking. I always remember watching mike and mike one morning and Greeny was talking about how him and his Jewish friends say things that if somebody outside of that said they would look at that some type of way.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
what if All black people collectively stopped using the word, and just let other races call eachother nikka :leon:

somehow.. some way... soon... we NEED to do this

we keep saying we reversed the word or blah blah bullshyt... but we didn't do nothing but take ****** and make it cool to us nikkas

now what would really be fukking cool is if NEVER used the word, unless we was talking about non-black people... and kick anybody ass who used it on us... to the point that it would lead to "******" being a derogatory term towards any other race

that would be beautiful................................

but that shyt ain't fukking happening

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes.

Dania has NEVER called herself black.

She has always maintained she is a white dominican. Hispanic/Latino Americans are very racially diverse, and as a result form an ethnic category, rather than a race.

Her race which she claims she is will fall under white dominican.

She is not claiming us so we can not claim her.

She really called herself a white dominican?.:merchant:

Who in the hell thinks is she a white-hispanic?:ohhh:

Show me where she said that!

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
She really called herself a white dominican?.:merchant:

Who in the hell thinks is she a white-hispanic?:ohhh:

Show me where she said that!

I want to see a link with her saying that to cuz huh lol

Dania_Ramirez_62.jpg

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
yea, the original latins were white but we arent talking about a people from the 15th century, we are talking about latin-americans. we are mixed. if we are classified, its by our appearance but we are mixed up like a mothafukka. n yea u bring up a good point, once we are as mixed up as we are, we identify by our nationality. thats why we so proud of wherever we from. thats who we are, not a specific race.

So the nation and the culture you've developed around it, become the race.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
why are Dominicans always brought up in race discussions like this? fukk a dominican, I don't see why yall cats care so damn much. they just another 'them' to me, fukk what they think or have to say. I'm tired of they dont want be black or associate with black americans. who gives a fukk, let them live. they ain't running shyt in my neck of merica anyway. Get your heads right breh's.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
It just amuses me that you guys think you can answer such a question in public in the way you carry yourselves here. That is an internet board. Anonymous board. Faux militancy.

This isn't about Dania Ramirez. I have no idea how she is. This is about anyone who is black, half black or even 1% black who ever answers such a question and does it diplomatically or perhaps in what they actually truly believe, but no matter what you guys will then research their background, find any contradictions and judge.

The cycle is hilarious.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Anyways when it comes to the n word, it's not even just a race thing for me. I got black friends from around the world but when they say it, it just doesn't sound right to me lol. The n word should be exclusive to Black Americans from that urban culture. Everybody else gotta realize they not saying it right.