Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it a lot.

I didnt think it was going to be funny.

It kind of weirded me out that that thing coming to Earth sounded like a baby crying.

I found out Ruth and Dominic are a couple in real life which made the palpable chemistry I saw while they were talking in her car make a lot of sense.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Tom Hardy is making 100 Bullets a movie actually:wow:

:patrice:It's such a dense story, I'm not sure they can do it justice with a 2 hour movie.
Unless they promised him a franchise :jbhmm:

From an interview last year:

It’s already… It’s real estate, it’s PRIME real estate which is sitting there right under everybody’s nose that no one’s really thought about yet and it goes TV and movie, it’s awesome. I can’t believe that nobody has even –I know they thought of it but no one has actually blown life into it yet.

If Hardy was talking about '100 Bullets' back when it was still a mystery project - maybe New Line somehow end up doing both

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
"Priscilla Jean Henrietta O'haire", huh.

I might be in love.

Just a lil bit.

maybe.

giphy.gif

Now that I got that out the way.... As you may have gathered from the few False-centric replies in this thread, I'm a huge fan of this show's source material. Well, some of it.

Unlike the last comic book b*stardization of sacred comic text to hit the TV Screen (lucifer), I really can see this being a big hit.

I'm not going to say I LOVE it, but It great enough to where I can see it geting better as the writers/actors settle in.

Also note that it's like the comic... but not. It's rather mishmashed and thrown together.

Also, I hate Jesse's hair. Once it grows out, though, he's gonna look reeeal authentic.

Bonus points for being a comic show where I KNOW no dumb fukk is gonna come in and say it's a Batman ripoff.

RIght now I'm giving it 4.25/5. It ain't Daredevil, but then.... what is? :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I had no idea what was going on. But I'll stick around. The violence was on point.

They actually added their own prequelish episode to the characters and didn't start crazy like the comics did. They're definitely taking a simple and more different approach:ehh:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Last night was a good first episode. I'm familiar with the series, but never actually read it, so outside of the main three characters, I don't know anyone else. I'm digging it though.