Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Brehs im really trying to like this show but i may have to force myself to even continue to watch it. I mean it seems like they have the same ass writers from fear the walking dead. shyt is slow paced and gets worse with each passing episode and the storyline goes nowhere.

Edit: im gonna check out utopia right now :leon:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
AMC being cheap asses trying to get a ratings hit by doing a Walking Dead.

God damnit HBO.. why couldn't you fire that dude sooner.. this shyt should be on HBO :snoop:
The fact that they aren't having
God as a fugitive and Jessie trying to make him answer

in the 1st season shows they are timid about the subject matter.

The first scene should have been
a showing of god seeing the craziness of the world and deciding to dip low key like on some missing child support shyt

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't know what the hell this show is but it ain't Preacher. And I usually don't get all anal about adaptations straying from the source material but this is just all kinds of disappointing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Edit: im gonna check out utopia right now :leon:

Do it. It got cancelled after season 2 but it's so good I tell people to watch it any way. It's seriously GOAT level television.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so its a horror show

Nah the easiest way to describe it is some conspiracy theory shyt. But the way the show breaks down the plot....you kinda have to look at real life events and think :lupe: "is someone behind all this?"

And I'm not a conspiracy theory head at all, but they way it unfolds will have you paranoid as fukk.

Fred.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Started the first episode recently, was a bit average but the last moments got me interested. :lupe:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I actually like the slow approach there going for so far they've managed to keep me intrigued week by week. It seems like they are setting up the town and its people before
the church gets blown up killing all the people inside which propels Jesse to look for God for the rest of the series. Basically this season is a prelude to the OG comic.