Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually like the slow approach there going for so far they've managed to keep me intrigued week by week. It seems like they are setting up the town and its people before
the church gets blown up killing all the people inside which propels Jesse to look for God for the rest of the series. Basically this season is a prelude to the OG comic.
I believe they said the first season will lead into the events of the comics . While I am enjoying the show its not must watch I usually just watch it one day during the week late at night on dvr. I don't think cooper is a good fit he isn't worldly or worn enough to me though I do think he's a good actor

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'm still watching too but this is at best B tier TV. Which is fine, a few shows are in their off season and "Mr. Robot" doesn't start for a few weeks.

Fred.

Well at least the first season is but hopefully it makes it to season 2 so they can get into the comics more quickly. Episode 4 wasn't too bad and I'm enjoying this episode as well.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Still cant get what this show is about or where it's trying to go..... But I'm intrigued.

Haven't read the comic all the way through but it doesn't seem like it's sticking with it.

This is like the "Wanted" of tv comic adaptations..... Except this one atleast has potential

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well at least the first season is but hopefully it makes it to season 2 so they can get into the comics more quickly. Episode 4 wasn't too bad and I'm enjoying this episode as well.

There's basically no chance this ever gets cancelled. It's on AMC, shows that do 400k an ep get 2-3 seasons at the very least. Last I checked this was sitting at 1 mill or so.

Outside of "The Walking Dead", "Fear The Walking Dead", and "Better Call Saul" they have no hits.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
There's basically no chance this ever gets cancelled. It's on AMC, shows that do 400k an ep get 2-3 seasons at the very least. Last I checked this was sitting at 1 mill or so.

Outside of "The Walking Dead", "Fear The Walking Dead", and "Better Call Saul" they have no hits.

Fred.

Yes.... this show will get atleast seasons....

Speaking of which..... say breh.... you seen the Tyrant threads? I tried to search for it and up it and I cant find it anywhere. Kinda like its been deleted

Time to catch up on it breh.... its time

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Did not see that ending coming with the businessman that Jesse told to serve God :ohhh:

Preacher has Donnie shook as hell though :mjlol:

I knew Eugene tried to off himself, but he was responsible for Tracey being a vegetable as well :lupe:

Cassidy getting in Tulips guts :gladbron:

Still really have no idea how the cowboy in the beginning plays into anything or where the show is heading. It did seem like they hinted at demons coming after Jesse's power after what the angels said.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Actually, Into The Badlands gets over a million. But yeah, besides those shows they have no hits. Plus Seth Rogen and crew is behind this. It will get renewed for sure.

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
I actually like the slow approach there going for so far they've managed to keep me intrigued week by week. It seems like they are setting up the town and its people before
the church gets blown up killing all the people inside which propels Jesse to look for God for the rest of the series. Basically this season is a prelude to the OG comic.
Breh what u put in the spoiler is what im watching this show for I never read the comic but when I look up what it was about :ohhh: i'm intrigued this show could push boundaries