Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Meh idk brehs i may be ready to check out on this show. It's not grabbing me and definitely not living up to all that pre-release hype. I liked the premiere but its been too slow since
Yeah something seems off it's like with each passing episode the pace seems more plodding and fillery. Most tv shows have shyt pilots but good seasons perhaps we got are hopes up when the pilot for this was so good. Will stick with it because I know it has potential to get better (unlike powers) :scust: but it's starting to look like a sell :francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What are the ratings for this? Last night's episode was pretty boring, worst thing is I dont really know where it's going

Lowest so far is 1.78 mill.

Kinda irrelevant though, it's on AMC. They got shows that routinely get less than 400k viewers going on 2-3 seasons. Outside of "TWD", it's spin-off, and "Better Call Saul" they got no hits.

Fred.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This show is so boring,...
I came in here to ask y'all.
what makes preacher so good, to begin with?
This show is as boring as the one comic I had I was not impressed with.
when people was like pick up preacher and I never saw what everyone else saw.

I think this is one of those I was never a dc fan to relate issues.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Three episodes in and I'm not feeling this show. They need to start connecting the dots sooner b/c this wink wink nod nod shyt they doing is starting to get irritating. Its like they've made the show for only the people who are familiar with the comic and saying fukk everyone else. So many scenes where they don't even follow up and just leave you looking like WTF

This.

This show is so plodding I have turned it off three weeks straight.

Art Barr

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Gonna have to dump this if the next ep doesn't satifsfy. :mjcry:

Cassidy and Tulip are cool but I'm getting TWD vibes of pointless watching right now.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I've got the first 3 eps recorded. Is it worth it to dive in or do I just pass with as much stuff as there is to watch out there? What show(s) would you compare it to?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've got the first 3 eps recorded. Is it worth it to dive in or do I just pass with as much stuff as there is to watch out there? What show(s) would you compare it to?

Uh....nothing really. The only thing it kinda reminds me of is the (canceled) UK show "Utopia". Although that show is light years ahead of this.

Matter of fact, watch "Utopia".

I like this show but it's all over the place and not must see TV.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Lowest so far is 1.78 mill.

Kinda irrelevant though, it's on AMC. They got shows that routinely get less than 400k viewers going on 2-3 seasons. Outside of "TWD", it's spin-off, and "Better Call Saul" they got no hits.

Fred.

:dead: I think Turn (or is it Turned) is still on the air :heh:

Uh....nothing really. The only thing it kinda reminds me of is the (canceled) UK show "Utopia". Although that show is light years ahead of this.

Matter of fact, watch "Utopia".

I like this show but it's all over the place and not must see TV.

Fred.

i was getting ready to give you the :what: :ufdup: :Jimmy:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dead: I think Turn (or is it Turned) is still on the air :heh:

i was getting ready to give you the :what: :ufdup: :Jimmy:

Nah man this show isn't must see TV. I'd tell people to watch "Utopia" 10x before I'd tell them to watch this, and I actually like this show.

This show is a prime example of why not every writer can be a show runner. Sam Caitlin was good under Vince Gilligan, he doesn't seem ready to run his own show though. He's not quite there yet.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah man this show isn't must see TV. I'd tell people to watch "Utopia" 10x before I'd tell them to watch this, and I actually like this show.

This show is a prime example of why not every writer can be a show runner. Sam Caitlin was good under Vince Gilligan, he doesn't seem ready to run his own show though. He's not quite there yet.

Fred.
i recently put a breh that works at the comic store on to Utopia and he was :mindblown:

i was like hex would be proud :obama:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm surprised people bothered to stick by the show for three episodes to begin with. I check in weekly to see if maybe it got better but it seems it never got past the stage of mediocrity of the first ep.

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. ..I'm ready to give up already and I rarely do that. I almost always give a show a full season. I actually enjoy watching amc's other new show Feed the Beast more....even though that's not a very good show either.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
20 minutes into episode 3... this is not a good show

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
i don't like how cryptic they are, especially with jesse and tulip's past. it's been three episodes, spit it out already

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!