Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's basically no chance this ever gets cancelled. It's on AMC, shows that do 400k an ep get 2-3 seasons at the very least. Last I checked this was sitting at 1 mill or so.

Outside of "The Walking Dead", "Fear The Walking Dead", and "Better Call Saul" they have no hits.

Fred.
What were the ratings for Rubicons one season...cuz that was a good show that got only one season. I can't imagine it got lower ratings than Turn.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What were the ratings for Rubicons one season...cuz that was a good show that got only one season. I can't imagine it got lower ratings than Turn.

"Rubicon" never went lower than 1 mill.

That was 2010 though. It was a different era for AMC. They had the most critically acclaimed show on TV at the time ("Mad Men") and had just started "The Walking Dead". They've made a lot of mistakes since then that humbled them. This is the same network that lost two show runners for "The Walking Dead" due to dumb decisions, and they almost lost "Breaking Bad" to another network in 2012 when they tried to cut it's budget....which didn't seem like a big deal at the time but it would've been one of the worst mistakes in TV history. Imagine if AMC lost "Breaking Bad" around season 4, averaging 1.9 mill viewers....then it went to another network and did 10 mill for season 5. shyt like that makes them leery to cancel shows now.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Actually, Into The Badlands gets over a million. But yeah, besides those shows they have no hits. Plus Seth Rogen and crew is behind this. It will get renewed for sure.

By hits I mean well above 1 mill. "Better Call Saul" is the lowest out of the three ("TWD" and "FTWD") and it still averages 4 mill.

Fred.

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Rubicon" never went lower than 1 mill.

That was 2010 though. It was a different era for AMC. They had the most critically acclaimed show on TV at the time ("Mad Men") and had just started "The Walking Dead". They've made a lot of mistakes since then that humbled them. This is the same network that lost two show runners for "The Walking Dead" due to dumb decisions, and they almost lost "Breaking Bad" to another network in 2012 when they tried to cut it's budget....which didn't seem like a big deal at the time but it would've been one of the worst mistakes in TV history. Imagine if AMC lost "Breaking Bad" around season 4, averaging 1.9 mill viewers....then it went to another network and did 10 mill for season 5. shyt like that makes them leery to cancel shows now.

Fred.
Even with this reluctance to cancel shows I can't imagine Feed the Beast makes it past season one. ..not sure if youve checked for this show but i was kind of looking forward to it but it's a damn mess....has no idea what it is trying to be IMO

• Dap
Reactions: hex

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
What is happening in the old cowboy flashbacks? Does he see the future? Why did he go back into the saloon just to get beat up?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What is happening in the old cowboy flashbacks? Does he see the future? Why did he go back into the saloon just to get beat up?
Read only if you want to be spoiled:
SAINT OF KILLERS
C0q51jK.jpg

Once the most feared soldier in the Confederate Army, he is now the most feared being who ever walked the Earth. The Saint sold his soul after a tragedy, so that he could continue to kill. He is indestructible, absolutely lethal, and utterly unstoppable. He is God's murderous will given flesh.
When his job is done, he waits under Boot Hill to be called out to do God's bidding and to bring about the death and destruction that God wants. The final time he will be called, however, is for something very special. The Saint of Killers will be awoken to find and kill a young preacher named Jesse Custer.

He doesn't see the future and the only reason he went back to Ratwater was because the first time he was there he saw that young family get decimated (dad was shot in the head and the son was forced to watch his mom be gang-raped) so he went back to try and stop the same thing from happening to the family he passed on his way out of town.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Even with this reluctance to cancel shows I can't imagine Feed the Beast makes it past season one. ..not sure if youve checked for this show but i was kind of looking forward to it but it's a damn mess....has no idea what it is trying to be IMO
Feed the Beast, like Rubicon, has almost zero buzz and that is worse than being low rated for a channel like AMC.