Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Dad like "your mother just like to get DOMINATED son!!"
OAVIpKs.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Meh idk brehs i may be ready to check out on this show. It's not grabbing me and definitely not living up to all that pre-release hype. I liked the premiere but its been too slow since

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Meh idk brehs i may be ready to check out on this show. It's not grabbing me and definitely not living up to all that pre-release hype. I liked the premiere but its been too slow since

It definitely has a more subdued tone than I was expecting :patrice:

Not really knowing anything about the comics, they have set up this world w/a lot of colorful/weird characters (vampires, angels, creepy businessmen, deformed teenagers), but haven't really got the momentum going. I'm definitely going to stick with it because I feel they are laying the groundwork for things to come. Yet, some of the mystery leaves me :dwillhuh: a lot of times.

I do hope they are done with Tulip trying to convince Jesse to return to his old ways for awhile :francis:. He seems intent on keeping his promise to his dad for some reason, but I am curious as to how he will use his powers to help the church/town :jbhmm:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Well.... This "Carlos" thing is new.

I guess we just saw Herr Starr.

Miss Oatlash got a namedrop, but we haven't seen her.

These three eps have made it feel like a deconstructed pulp western movie, like there's stuff from the last 3 hours that could've made a highly entertaining 1 hour episode.

I'ma still stick with it, though.

Jesse's gonna extend his flexing too far and the whole town is gonna start hunting him.

We'll see how it goes.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Not going to read through the other 17 pages, is this show worth a look? Ive been somewhat interested in the premise and thought Negga did great as Reyna in AOS. I dont want to be Fear the Walking Dead disappointed if I pick this one up since me and the wife will have a big gap between Game of Thrones season ending and football season/twd mid season premiere.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
damn. another AMC flop?? i wont even bother checking it out

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you read any kind of comics, you'll understand when I say this:

Preacher, as a show, would read better in trade than as the monthly (weekly) series we're getting.

That's not to say it's bad, but s far it's not :gladbron: Like these really could be 30 minute episodes. There's too much filler here. There's too much arseface for no reason. There's no point in watching Odin Quincannon listening to cows being slaughtered. There was no point to the drawn out convo between Danielle and Tulip with the big "HOUSTON" thing and ominous music. There was no point in lingering on Starr (I'm guessing that's Starr) watching the torture film. There was no point in the kidnapping story that the sheriff was telling the angels. The angel watching the news on TV.

Will it be important later? I mean, you can't be witty like Justified or Fargo with all these Chekhov's Guns laying around. If it's supposed to be irrelevant but important later, then let it be irrelevant. Don't hang a huge HOUSTON sign over a scene and then leave the audience wondering "what was that about".

Uh.... "Chekhov's Gun" isn't a comic book reference. It's a- know what, nevermind. Google it.

See how annoying that was?

Show's pushing a 3.75/5 right now. I don't dislike the show enough to drop it, though. It would be interesting to see how viewership is doing.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

"He loved “the characters, the exuberance of the world—like anything can fukking happen,” he said. “You go to the south of France, you can go back in time to the Old West, there’s vampires, angels, Satan. And it’s done with such confidence, and such bravado. There are sex detectives. It’s crazy. There’s nothing like it. Theres certainly nothing like it on TV.”

But it won’t necessarily start out that crazy. Star Dominic Cooper, who plays Jesse, confirmed that the main drive of the comics—that road trip going after God—is not going to be a prevalent part of season one. “I think that’s gonna happen later on,” he said. “I think we’re going to stay in the town for the majority of [season one.]”

That makes it sound like season one is a bit of a prequel"

http://io9.gizmodo.com/preacher-is-going-to-be-completely-batshyt-but-its-not-1768926369

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Three episodes in and I'm not feeling this show. They need to start connecting the dots sooner b/c this wink wink nod nod shyt they doing is starting to get irritating. Its like they've made the show for only the people who are familiar with the comic and saying fukk everyone else. So many scenes where they don't even follow up and just leave you looking like WTF

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

"He loved “the characters, the exuberance of the world—like anything can fukking happen,” he said. “You go to the south of France, you can go back in time to the Old West, there’s vampires, angels, Satan. And it’s done with such confidence, and such bravado. There are sex detectives. It’s crazy. There’s nothing like it. Theres certainly nothing like it on TV.”

But it won’t necessarily start out that crazy. Star Dominic Cooper, who plays Jesse, confirmed that the main drive of the comics—that road trip going after God—is not going to be a prevalent part of season one. “I think that’s gonna happen later on,” he said. “I think we’re going to stay in the town for the majority of [season one.]”

That makes it sound like season one is a bit of a prequel"

http://io9.gizmodo.com/preacher-is-going-to-be-completely-batshyt-but-its-not-1768926369

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
What are the ratings for this? Last night's episode was pretty boring, worst thing is I dont really know where it's going