Larenz Tate: "Hollywood Finds More Value In Black British Actors; Theres a Decline In Black American Actors Getting Work!"

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hollywood fukking loves British actors for some reason. They have starring roles in both white and black roles.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Not is he or she doesn’t have the natural talent or have less talent

And how do they have less talent when they’re excelling at it?

Not everyone that attended these acting schools in the UK made it. The few you’re seeing in the Hollywood are the naturally talented ones that the acting school helped harness/develop their talent. And they started young - so they have more fluidly.

You can’t be promoting globalisation & cultural domination via soft power with Hollywood whilst enjoying the benefits (gifts). Then complain about the curse that comes with it. The consumers will always end up mimicking you & come for some of that food. You have been taking their money & dominating them culturally - it’s only right that you also let them have a piece of the pie.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not trying to shyt on american actors because they are talented but the schools that you see in england shyt all over the theater schools in the US

Not to mention most of the big actors in the US are just former child stars who are not really classically trained and cost $$$ to get roles
That more than anything is why the black brit actors are by and large ruling in hollywood
they are just better trained
the days of denzel and sam jack are over

I don't think American classical theaters schools are worse than British at all. There is no verifiable way to prove this. I think the problem is that most American actors don't seem to be classically trained.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you know any american blacks that would have been a better fit then a british black in any movie/show? Or is your point black americans should get dibs on roles despise talent?

Where is the material proof that British blacks are more talented at playing American blacks than actual American blacks? And this ain’t no diss, but y’all keep talking about the arts(music, film, comedy, etc) are taken more seriously over there than the states right?

If that is the case, what fruit have y’all produced in the last 60 years that have impacted the WORLD like a Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Harry Belafonte(island brother technically but still) Prince, Michael Jackson, Eddie Murphy, Jamie Foxx, Sidney Poitier, Fishburne, PAC, Wu, James Earl Jones, Pryor, Chadwick Bozeman, Ye, etc. etc.

Surely all that superior British acting talent would have been imported and resulted in some legendary US movies, TV over the last half century right? Cause Hollywood all about that bread at the end of the day. And if you’re talking about the arts, surely that includes music. Where are the legendary black British vocalists/performers? And like I said, this ain’t no diss by any means

Last edited:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I know most wont listen because of content creator but Wood Harris Spoke in depth about this 6 years ago, saying they are better and why, how they are classically trained with Shakespeare from day one, poetry in their life and the connection to Africa is different in Europe than America (It was just his theory having worked with them). Getting truthful history and gaining a pride in that compared to lies and thinking only born a slave history.

We also see the culture of how Michael B. Jordan was treated in school, being an actor and people calling him lame for having headshots, lol.. You think that is gonna encourage other young black kids to learn poetry and or learn the classics. :francis: cant have it both ways really.

This interview had gems at the time that still stick with me, this was definitely one of clips, relates directly to this also.

Subbed

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Excelling according to who? Show me the fruit.
Well, Twitter has been awash with tweets from Americans in the past 10days that Damson Idris deserves an Emmy for the last episode of Snowfall. Some even went as far as saying he should take all Jonathan Mayors’ gigs & also be the next Black Panther. Shyt, I saw Tweets from Americans saying he’s the heir to Denzel Washington’s throne.

These are Americans - not Brits. And you can search his name on Twitter to see the Tweets (he was trending on Twitter for a few days as well).

And the same thing happened to Daniel Kaluuya & Eric (Lamar character in BMF).

Just some of the fruits, breh.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Well, Twitter has been awash with tweets from Americans in the past 10days that Damson Idris deserves an Emmy for the last episode of Snowfall. Some even went as far as saying he should take all Jonathan Mayors’ gigs & also be the next Black Panther. Shyt, I saw Tweets from Americans saying he’s the heir to Denzel Washington’s throne.

These are Americans - not Brits. And you can search his name on Twitter to see the Tweets (he was trending on Twitter for a few days as well).

And the same thing happened to Daniel Kaluuya & Eric (Lamar character in BMF).

Just some of the fruits, breh.

Heir to Denzels throne? Honestly damson wasn't the best black actor on snowfall. And I would bet the reason he was chosen to take over majors roles in case something happens is because they are in the same age range.