Lamelo has his best game so far + rumors of him leaving early

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
LaMelo was shooting 18% from three for the season before that game. :dead:

He averages 1.5 makes on 6.5 attempts and that's with the international line. :mindblown:

Shooting 32% from the field, his team is only 2-7 and he's not even the best player on it (Aaron Brooks is MUCH better and he was a scrub the last year he played NBA).
#1.*

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cole my guy as well. Melo's "aggressiveness" and inconsistent shooting has me nervous. And that form is disgusting. I think he's solid though.
They both have awful form but Cole definitely has bounce and a lot of dog. Lamelo is a 6’8 true PG that can make 3s, you don’t find those everyday. Can’t go wrong with either one imo

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
NCAA might have higher end talent but the NBL is a better league

y’all nikkas sound stupid saying anything else

Exactly, that was pretty much my point. A team might have 2 or 3 truly elite guys, but the rest of the squad aint even NBL level. That's why UK lost to Evansville. No NBL team running their 1st string would lose to Evansville or even UK at all.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
They both have awful form but Cole definitely has bounce and a lot of dog. Lamelo is a 6’8 true PG that can make 3s, you don’t find those everyday. Can’t go wrong with either one imo

LaMelo's shot selection has regressed though. thats why his %'s are so low. At Spire and during the NBL preseason he had way better shot selection but once the season started he got back on the bullshyt. He did better the last game but he needs to keep it up, no reason to be jacking up shots even if scouts aren't tripping about it.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LaMelo was shooting 18% from three for the season before that game. :dead:

He averages 1.5 makes on 6.5 attempts and that's with the international line. :mindblown:

Shooting 32% from the field, his team is only 2-7 and he's not even the best player on it (Aaron Brooks is MUCH better and he was a scrub the last year he played NBA).
He’s 18 years old. I’m not looking at his numbers, I’m looking at the plays he’s able to make at his age against grown men. He hasn’t even scratched the surface of his potential. Aaron Brooks should be better than him; he’s twice his age with years of NBA experience. Aaron Brooks also hasn’t played in weeks due to injury, so it looks like you just scanned the stats and box scores :jbhmm:.

He clearly needs to work on his body and fix that form but you don’t teach his type of vision with his height.

People were saying Rubio is game changing PG at 18 and Lamelo is way better than him at this age.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He’s 18 years old. I’m not looking at his numbers, I’m looking at the plays he’s able to make at his age against grown men. He hasn’t even scratched the surface of his potential. Aaron Brooks should be better than him; he’s twice his age with years of NBA experience. Aaron Brooks also hasn’t played in weeks due to injury, so it looks like you just scanned the stats and box scores :jbhmm:.

I've known Brooks was out since he got hurt, what does that have anything to do with anything? LaMelo has only played two games without him so he was clearly just the 2nd-best point guard on a shyt team.

And yes, all I know about their play is box scores, recaps, and highlights. So? LaMelo shooting 18% from a short three on 6.5 attempts a game no matter how much film you watch. And this is the 4th straight league he's shot like shyt in.

How many more years is LaMelo going to be inferior to older scrubs?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Except he's making below 20% of them on a shorter line. :laff:

Good thing scouts actually watch the games and are able to see his % is about his shot selection, not his inability to shoot.

Also, dont see what the shorter line has to do with anything. He's clearly taking them from NBA range, but of course you probably refuse to even watch him play.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
People were saying Rubio is game changing PG at 18 and Lamelo is way better than him at this age.

:mindblown:

At 18, Rubio had:

* Already been playing 4 years in Spanish ACB, arguably the greatest pro bball league in the world outside the NBA

* Been named the EuroLeague Young Player of the Year for three straight years

* Won a EuroChallenge Championship and a EuroCup Championship

* Led the league in steals twice and was named Defensive Player of the Year

* Was named Top Point Guard in the league

* Won the Mr Europa award as the best European player playing ANYWHERE on the world

* Led the Spanish U-16 team to the European Championship, in the process getting a quadruple-double game AND a 51-24-12 and 7 steals game against Russia where he made a half court shot at the buzzer to force overtime. He led all players in the tournament in all four categories.

* Helped the Spanish National Team to a silver medal in the 2008 Olympics and a gold medal in Eurobasket 2009.

In comparison, LaMelo isn't even the best point guard on his own basement-dwelling Australian team, can't play D for shyt and was shooting 36% from the field and 18% from three up to the last game. His entire qualification is "has lots of height/hype for a point guard".

LaMelo does literally NOTHING better than Rubio at this age.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
And this is the 4th straight league he's shot like shyt in.

LaMelo shot 55% from the field at Spire and shot great in the NBL in the preseason. Percentage went down because he went back to stupid shot selection for whatever reason. Every statement you post is fukking bullshyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Good thing scouts actually watch the games and are able to see his % is about his shot selection, not his inability to shoot.

Also, dont see what the shorter line has to do with anything. He's clearly taking them from NBA range, but of course you probably refuse to even watch him play.
Scouts also watch his games and see his % is about his ugly ass form.

And I've seen him take numerous shots from the international line.

So your story is that he's 6'8" playing against short-ass white guards in Australia and yet STILL takes such awful shots that he's only making 1.5 out of 6.5 in an average game?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown:

At 18, Rubio had:

* Already been playing 4 years in Spanish ACB, arguably the greatest pro bball league in the world outside the NBA

* Been named the EuroLeague Young Player of the Year for three straight years

* Won a EuroChallenge Championship and a EuroCup Championship

* Led the league in steals twice and was named Defensive Player of the Year

* Was named Top Point Guard in the league

* Won the Mr Europa award as the best European player playing ANYWHERE on the world

* Led the Spanish U-16 team to the European Championship, in the process getting a quadruple-double game AND a 51-24-12 and 7 steals game against Russia where he made a half court shot at the buzzer to force overtime. He led all players in the tournament in all four categories.

* Helped the Spanish National Team to a silver medal in the 2008 Olympics and a gold medal in Eurobasket 2009.

In comparison, LaMelo isn't even the best point guard on his own basement-dwelling Australian team, can't play D for shyt and was shooting 36% from the field and 18% from three up to the last game. His entire qualification is "has lots of height/hype for a point guard".

LaMelo does literally NOTHING better than Rubio at this age.

At 20 years old, Ricky Rubio shot 31% from the field and 22% from 3 in 22mpg for Barca. Keep racking up them L's you cornball.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Scouts also watch his games and see his % is about his ugly ass form.

And I've seen him take numerous shots from the international line.

So your story is that he's 6'8" playing against short-ass white guards in Australia and yet STILL takes such awful shots that he's only making 1.5 out of 6.5 in an average game?

Scouts got him as a top 5 pick and are giving LaMelo's camp the impression he doesn't even need to play the full season. Keep hating cornball.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
This fakkit guy typed up an essay about Ricky Rubio while shytting on LaMelo because of his FG%.....yet Ricky Rubio shot well below 40% in every season he played in Spain from 15 all the way to 21. :mjlol: