Lamar Jackson is the MVP

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Weren't people comparing him to Mac Jones earlier this season?
If Lamar gets MVP he needs to hand it to the defense.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The Cowboys haven’t beaten anybody of merit outside of division rival Philly. Dak is not winning the MVP :mjlol:The Ravens defense had Purdy out there looking suspect as hell. We all know he has been a product of a good system with great weapons. He is not winning MVP after that performance I’m sorry. Tua’s passing numbers don’t dwarf Lamar’s like you’re making it seem :gucci: You’re not even taking into consideration what Lamar does running the ball which is a significant part of what makes him great in the first place. That, coupled with the fact he hasn’t had Andrews or his top 2 RB’s speaks volumes. The season isn’t over so I’m not crowning Lamar Jackson MVP. You saying he’s not in the conversation is laughable.

let me try to make this as clear as day since u dont seem to get it. No one wins the MVP due to quality wins or not win it due to having a bad game or two( Dak/Purdy). MVP has always been an award to the best QB with the best stats and playoff bound. Unless you are Adrian Peterson who won it with over 2k rushing yards (something CMC isnt close to but yet nikkas think he MVP bound). Do u understand? All this shyt u posting doesnt mean a damn thing.

so again, unless the NFL takes a different approach to the MVP award, Lamar aint winning it. Im not saying i personally agree but thats how its always been except rare occasions like in 2012.

understand?

Last edited:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
let me try to make this as clear as day since u dont seem to get it. No one wins the MVP due to quality wins or notwin it due to having a bad game or two( Dak/Purdy). MVP has always been an award to the best QB with the best stats and playoff bound. Unless you are Adrian Peterson who won it with over 2k rushing yards (something CMC isnt close to but yet nikkas think he MVP bound). Do u understand? All this shyt u posting doesnt mean a damn thing.

so again, unless the NFL takes a different approach to the MVP award, Lamar aint winning it. Im not saying i personally agree but thats how its always been except rare occasions like in 2012.

understand?
No, do you understand? The MVP doesn’t just go to the QB with the best stats and just playoff bound. It’s usually to the QB of a team with one of the very best records who is putting up elite numbers. Dak is not going to win the MVP. Brock Purdy has deserved recognition for his play this season and has been a contender. I’m not taking anything away from him to say he is not the MVP. This season isn’t like other seasons. Statistically this has been a down season for QB’s. You don’t have Mahomes throwing 50 TDs and 5,000 yards or Rodgers gaudy numbers or Peyton, Brady, etc. You’re saying Tua is one of your definite MVP candidates but has thrown only 2 TD passes combined in the past 3 weeks. Wake up.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But he's got more passing TDs and wins than Tua, who also has another MVP candidate on his team in Tyreek.
He's got more yards and wins than Dak, and he has a chance to show something against them next week.
He's got less INTs than Purdy -- who also has an MVP candidate on his team in CMC -- who we just saw shyt the bed against Baltimore.

The main thing those three people have over Goff is that they play in large markets, but you can find some metric where Goff is arguably superior to those three. Let's not also gloss over the fact that Detroit being 11-4 right now isn't just as, if not more impressive, than Dallas, Miami or SF being 10-5, 11-4.

I'm just pointing out the inherent bias with the award to where this thread is ready to give it to an elite player who is having a pedestrian year -- and as pointed out, is only getting this love over the three you mentioned because he has not had the clunker game(s) that the other three had -- when there's literally a guy who checks every MVP box that isn't getting ANY support from the media for said award.
That 2 game stretch in 5 days against the Bears and Packers probably hurt him the most from being in the conversation by the media

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
No, do you understand? The MVP doesn’t just go to the QB with the best stats and just playoff bound. It’s usually to the QB of a team with one of the very best records who is putting up elite numbers. Dak is not going to win the MVP. Brock Purdy has deserved recognition for his play this season and has been a contender. I’m not taking anything away from him to say he is not the MVP. This season isn’t like other seasons. Statistically this has been a down season for QB’s. You don’t have Mahomes throwing 50 TDs and 5,000 yards or Rodgers gaudy numbers or Peyton, Brady, etc. You’re saying Tua is one of your definite MVP candidates but has thrown only 2 TD passes combined in the past 3 weeks. Wake up.
aiight breh, u changing the rules this year. :hubie:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Quite the road performance from that young black man.

The media and Santa Clara whiners fans had me convinced Brock purdy was Tom Brady 2.0 so I most definitely was shocked to see his performance last Christmas evening.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You nikkas arguing about nothing. Vegas has predicted the MVP by this point in the season literally every year....

Lamar is goddamn -160 now and we are going into week 17, not 7. Unless something drastic(like Purdy...) happens in the next two weeks he wins. Lamar also has a heavy media push, and this is literally a MEDIA AWARD. It's his to lose at this point, comparing stats and all that shyt don't matter. ESPECIALLY with the new voting format, he will be on everyone's ballad somewhere.