Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
OK...
Entering today, Jared Goff's league rankings are as follows:

2nd in completions.
3rd in yards.
tied for 3rd in passing TDs.
5th in completion percentage (among people with 10+ starts).

His team is tied for the most wins in the NFC.
His team is one of two that have already clinched the division.

He's having a top 3 year among QBs. Why isn't he being considered for MVP?
Because the 3 other QBs i mentioned are having better season than Goff. I mean why the fukk do i have to explain this?

yall new to the NFL? :dahell:

i just need to exit this thread and come back in Jan instead of losing brain cells explaining something yall should already know

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Because the 3 other QBs i mentioned are having better season than Goff. I mean why the fukk do i have to explain this?

yall new to the NFL? :dahell:

i just need to exit this thread and come back in Jan instead of losing brain cells explaining something yall should already know

But he's got more passing TDs and wins than Tua, who also has another MVP candidate on his team in Tyreek.
He's got more yards and wins than Dak, and he has a chance to show something against them next week.
He's got less INTs than Purdy -- who also has an MVP candidate on his team in CMC -- who we just saw shyt the bed against Baltimore.

The main thing those three people have over Goff is that they play in large markets, but you can find some metric where Goff is arguably superior to those three. Let's not also gloss over the fact that Detroit being 11-4 right now isn't just as, if not more impressive, than Dallas, Miami or SF being 10-5, 11-4.

I'm just pointing out the inherent bias with the award to where this thread is ready to give it to an elite player who is having a pedestrian year -- and as pointed out, is only getting this love over the three you mentioned because he has not had the clunker game(s) that the other three had -- when there's literally a guy who checks every MVP box that isn't getting ANY support from the media for said award.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Another doofus who doesnt know how the MVP award works :francis:
I know how it doesn’t work. QB’s of 10-5 and sliding teams like Dak don’t win MVP :skip: This season isn’t like any other season in recent times. There’s no QB completely dominating and putting up absurd stats. That coupled with Lamar losing Mark Andrews & his top two RB’s and still having the best record in the NFL & just beat up on your other MVP candidate Purdy. Completely outplayed him. Erase his name off any MVP board after that performance :dahell: That leaves Tua. Dolphins/Ravens next weekend. Ravens win that & Lamar plays very well again and you’re still not considering him for MVP? :camby:

Do your homework :mjlol:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
We’re prisoners of the moment and HEAVILY influenced by narrative. First take has ruined mfers. It’s got us looking at MVP like it’s the heisman people judging off individual weeks instead of full season

Dak Prescott since the SF game has 25 tds to 3 picks :dead:

But bc he played ONE bad game vs buffalo he’s out of the race :what:

There is a very good chance the cowboys and ravens finish with identical records. It’s gonna look INSANE 5 years from now to see Dak’s 2023 resume vs Lamar’s 2023 resume and Lamar was crowned mvp. It’s not gonna make any sense whatsoever. You could probably even say the same about Tua as well.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
i cant stand that c00n

its going to be interested at 4:30 to see him and his counterparts spin all that bullshyt they been spewing all seasons

James Jones the only real one on that panel. Shady capes for the Eagles and Bills, Ocho is a clown and Joy just piggybacks on what McCoy says, bytch is just eye candy.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I know how it doesn’t work. QB’s of 10-5 and sliding teams like Dak don’t win MVP :skip: This season isn’t like any other season in recent times. There’s no QB completely dominating and putting up absurd stats. That coupled with Lamar losing Mark Andrews & his top two RB’s and still having the best record in the NFL & just beat up on your other MVP candidate Purdy. Completely outplayed him. Erase his name off any MVP board after that performance :dahell: That leaves Tua. Dolphins/Ravens next weekend. Ravens win that & Lamar plays very well again and you’re still not considering him for MVP? :camby:

Do your homework :mjlol:
confirmed that coli in 2023 doesnt know how the MVP award works :mjlol:

u in the moment ass nikkas getting expose badly this year :francis:

Lamar can win out and still wont get the MVP because thats not how it works. his passing numbers are average. But ill let u tell it how it is :mjlol:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
We’re prisoners of the moment and HEAVILY influenced by narrative. First take has ruined mfers. It’s got us looking at MVP like it’s the heisman people judging off individual weeks instead of full season

Dak Prescott since the SF game has 25 tds to 3 picks :dead:

But bc he played ONE bad game vs buffalo he’s out of the race :what:

There is a very good chance the cowboys and ravens finish with identical records. It’s gonna look INSANE 5 years from now to see Dak’s 2023 resume vs Lamar’s 2023 resume and Lamar was crowned mvp. It’s not gonna make any sense whatsoever. You could probably even say the same about Tua as well.
this man gets it....Crazy we have to explain this in 2023 :francis:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I don’t like this lower bar that Lamar is graded on. No other QB could go 23/35 for 250 yards and 2 tds and be hyped like this. Nggas treat Lamar like the kid that can barely read…. so when he actually READS….:ahh::banderas::salute:

Its patronizing n I don’t like it

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
confirmed that coli in 2023 doesnt know how the MVP award works :mjlol:

u in the moment ass nikkas getting expose badly this year :francis:

Lamar can win out and still wont get the MVP because thats not how it works. his passing numbers are average. But ill let u tell it how it is :mjlol:
The Cowboys haven’t beaten anybody of merit outside of division rival Philly. Dak is not winning the MVP :mjlol:The Ravens defense had Purdy out there looking suspect as hell. We all know he has been a product of a good system with great weapons. He is not winning MVP after that performance I’m sorry. Tua’s passing numbers don’t dwarf Lamar’s like you’re making it seem :gucci: You’re not even taking into consideration what Lamar does running the ball which is a significant part of what makes him great in the first place. That, coupled with the fact he hasn’t had Andrews or his top 2 RB’s speaks volumes. The season isn’t over so I’m not crowning Lamar Jackson MVP. You saying he’s not in the conversation is laughable.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Even his proponents on tv like ‘Lamar is never gon put up gaudy stats but it’s not about that’

Yes, yes it is !!!

Nggas talking like he a 3&D small forward get the fukk outta here :pachaha: Lamer bout to win the Igoudala MVP