Lamar Jackson is the MVP

Braman

Superstar
Daps
They play great but I don't think he's got the #s if you look at it. Don't even have 20tds. #1 seed gonna be a tough out for any afc team

This. Nggas are forcing it a) bc they’re the best team, and b) he’s a breh and the type of breh we fw

Nothing about Lamar’s season has been mvp. His passing numbers aren’t there and he isn’t even running it either. The only thing Lamar has done is not had that bad game that stains him. That Dak had, that Purdy had.

I hope Tyreek goes off next week and miami wins. Give it to Tyreek. If Lamar wins mvp it’s the weakest mvp in years. It’s not gonna make any sense looking back when Tua and Dak have better numbers on teams with identical records. I’ve never seen a ngga get so gassed up to go 23/35 for 250 yards. :heh: It’s almost like we’re surprised when Lamar has a solid pass game.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They play great but I don't think he's got the #s if you look at it. Don't even have 20tds. #1 seed gonna be a tough out for any afc team
are running touchdowns irrelevant?

put Lamar in Shanahan's offense...do you know how ridiculous that would be? Mike Vick in Madden 04 status lol

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
So by yall's rationale, Purdy should be the MVP because he's leading the league in td passes. Said nobody ever. :mjlol:

This team should not have the best record in the NFL with their roster as currently constructed. They do because Lamar is probably the most dynamic player in the league and has been for a while tbh. So yeah, he's the MVP. It's ok to admit it guys, it'll be ok.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Casuals/box score watchers are struggling to understand being valuable towards your team’s success is an important towards the MVP.

MVP should be rotated between Lamar, Mahomes, and Allen.

Man stfu with this shyt.

Everyone: ‘If Tyreek get 2000 yards he’s mvp’

Same people when it comes to Lamar: yall only watch the box score :ufdup:

‘Box score’ matters. He plays QB not left tackle. You’re expected to produce numbers and literally every MVP has. We do not award MVP based on your shytty ass ‘eye test’. Lamar is the only ngga that gets a pass

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So by yall's rationale, Purdy should be the MVP because he's leading the league in td passes. Said nobody ever. :mjlol:

This team should not have the best record in the NFL with their roster as currently constructed. They do because Lamar is probably the most dynamic player in the league and has been for a while tbh. So yeah, he's the MVP. It's ok to admit it guys, it'll be ok.
MVP should be CMC.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Lamar is great but you are severely underrating the Ravens defense.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
It's not necessarily surface level bullshyt because again it has been the MVP barometer for years now, so it's a bit disingenuous to act like the argument is now. You can argue that it shouldn't have been, but if that's the case, it brings up the question of other previous MVPs as well going by that logic.

You're essentially opening the floodgates for future discussions, which is why you could argue that CMC is the safer choice.
While I agree CMC is a better choice than Lamar, the issue is that the MVP, for a season/cumulative award, relies HEAVILY on moments/"what do you do when everybody's watching?"

Purdy was the MVP front-runner until he had a shyt game on national TV against a contender in the Ravens. Lamar wasn't spectacular in the game -- the Ravens defense was probably the most impressive thing about the game -- but he had a nice statline so now he's the front runner when he's largely played efficient/winning but unspectacular ball all year.

That's not how MVP has worked in the modern age. Whoever wins that award typically is a QB with eye-popping or particularly impressive stats -- such as leading the league in TDs and/or yards or an ungodly TD:INT ratio.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
He's gonna finish the year with less than 25 passing TDs, who was the last MVP to do that?
The MVP is now a heads-up price for what you do in the end of the season, Baltimore's record has been driven by their defense this season just like 49ers and Chiefs, but Lamar came through when needed. I don't know if this will be the new norm going forwards.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Casuals/box score watchers are struggling to understand being valuable towards your team’s success is an important towards the MVP.

MVP should be rotated between Lamar, Mahomes, and Allen.
Its not about what we think, its how the award is given out. If u aint got the stats, u aint winning it.

nikkas keep throwing around CMC like he has a chance :mjlol:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Its not about what we think, its how the award is given out. If u aint got the stats, u aint winning it.

nikkas keep throwing around CMC like he has a chance :mjlol:

Should Jared Goff win it then? He's top 5 in yards, completions, completion percentage, TDs, and his team won its division for the first time in 30 years.

If anybody has a strong "traditional" case, it's him, right?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

Except hes not :dwillhuh:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Should Jared Goff win it then? He's top 5 in yards, completions, completion percentage, TDs, and his team won its division for the first time in 30 years.

If anybody has a strong "traditional" case, it's him, right?
Mvp is usually between the top 3 QBs with stats and wins. Not top 5 of random stats.

I cant beleive i have to explain how the MVP award works in 2023 :snoop:

The coli dot com yall....

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Mvp is usually between the top 3 QBs with stats and wins. Not top 5 of random stats.

I cant beleive i have to explain how the MVP award works in 2023 :snoop:

The coli dot com yall....
OK...
Entering today, Jared Goff's league rankings are as follows:

2nd in completions.
3rd in yards.
tied for 3rd in passing TDs.
5th in completion percentage (among people with 10+ starts).

His team is tied for the most wins in the NFC.
His team is one of two that have already clinched the division.

He's having a top 3 year among QBs. Why isn't he being considered for MVP?