Lamar Jackson is the MVP

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he puts up similar stats the last two games as he did last night he'll win it. But the narrative will be, if the Dolphins were to beat the Ravens, that Tua is now the frontrunner for MVP. Then in the last week of the season if the Bills beat the Dolphins, the narrative will change to someone else again.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Casuals/box score watchers are struggling to understand being valuable towards your team’s success is an important towards the MVP.

MVP should be rotated between Lamar, Mahomes, and Allen.
People not even taking into account Lamar lost his #1 target when Andrews went down. Also lost two starting RB’s for the season. Now imagine if Mahomes lost Kelce.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Casuals/box score watchers are struggling to understand being valuable towards your team’s success is an important towards the MVP.

I get it though because this hasn't come up in the topic of discussion before as MVP has typically come down to which QB puts up the best numbers for the most part.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it though because this hasn't come up in the topic of discussion before as MVP has typically come down to which QB puts up the best numbers for the most part.
I don’t get it because they talk as if they watched the game, understand the team dynamics. Surface level bullshyt.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

If the criteria for MVP is "We go nowhere without this man" then Mahomes ought to win it every year.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don’t get it because they talk as if they watched the game, understand the team dynamics. Surface level bullshyt.
It's not necessarily surface level bullshyt because again it has been the MVP barometer for years now, so it's a bit disingenuous to act like the argument is now. You can argue that it shouldn't have been, but if that's the case, it brings up the question of other previous MVPs as well going by that logic.

You're essentially opening the floodgates for future discussions, which is why you could argue that CMC is the safer choice.