LA Knight really got over by blatantly ripping off The Rock smh

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Its one thing for a person in the industry to have an issue with it. But whats the beef as a fan? Wrestling and entertainment in general is full if biters. nikkas/works recognized as GOATs have blatantly bitten. If its entertaining what the problem is?
What's entertaining to you or me might not be to somebody else. This zero sum shyt didn't start until social media. People before could disagree then leave it at that. Now it's "if you don't like what I do then why are you talking about it? Why talk about things you don't like?" Because I fukking can lol. It's on you to discuss it or ignore it

People in the industry can have an opinion, people watching weekly/buying tickets/paying the people in the industry's rent can too. Everybody can have an opinion, you don't have to like or try to change somebody's, things can just "be"

LA Knight does not bother me. I also don't see the problem in calling a spade a spade, He is a mash up of worse versions of other men. The industry has devolved so much that he can get his shyt off as one of most entertaining things in it. You can either salute it or shoot it, you're not wrong either way

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The crowd loves him so he's doing something right.

But I can't help but feel like I'm watching a parody of the Attitude era that happened to get over.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
My take… yeah..

He absolutely got over ripping off Austin and The Rock. We can admit that and still be fans. I’m sure he’d admit as much himself, that doesn’t mean he hasn’t added his own spice to it. It’s working, and he’s over so I don’t have a problem with it, especially if The Rock and Austin don’t.

He’s not the first nor last entertainer that’ll use elements of what other people before him did

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Ok. Could you answer my questions from that post?
The blatant Cosplaying is my problem. It’s fraudulent. I tried to let him cook but time after time all I see is the Rock. It’s hard to ignore :yeshrug: It’s great that he gets people excited though.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's entertaining to you or me might not be to somebody else. This zero sum shyt didn't start until social media. People before could disagree then leave it at that. Now it's "if you don't like what I do then why are you talking about it? Why talk about things you don't like?" Because I fukking can lol. It's on you to discuss it or ignore it

People in the industry can have an opinion, people watching weekly/buying tickets/paying the people in the industry's rent can too. Everybody can have an opinion, you don't have to like or try to change somebody's, things can just "be"

LA Knight does not bother me. I also don't see the problem in calling a spade a spade, He is a mash up of worse versions of other men. The industry has devolved so much that he can get his shyt off as one of most entertaining things in it. You can either salute it or shoot it, you're not wrong either way
Breh its wrestling. A sock puppet got over. Whatever that bumblebee shyt Dusty was doing got over. People can like what they like or dislike what they dislike. Its been plenty of shyt I didnt like or didnt get. Plenty of blatant ripoffs that nikkas worship too (like Rock and Stone Cold themselves) I just dont understand the big deal :manny:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The blatant Cosplaying is my problem. It’s fraudulent. I tried to let him cook but time after time all I see is the Rock. It’s hard to ignore :yeshrug: It’s great that he gets people excited though.
The basis of pro wrestling is fraudulence breh. I could see if we talking 80s Hip Hop but wrestling was built on copying by copiers.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
The basis of pro wrestling is fraudulence breh. I could see if we talking 80s Hip Hop but wrestling was built on copying by copiers.
I don’t care about all that breh :pachaha: When I see LA Knight all I see is a Vanilla version of the Rock :yeshrug: Its hard to overlook

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Breh its wrestling. A sock puppet got over. Whatever that bumblebee shyt Dusty was doing got over. People can like what they like or dislike what they dislike. Its been plenty of shyt I didnt like or didnt get. Plenty of blatant ripoffs that nikkas worship too (like Rock and Stone Cold themselves) I just dont understand the big deal :manny:
That's because there isn't one at least from what I can see. Just people talking about what they like or don't

My other post was just addressing Rock. Nobody should care if Rock checked him or not. Like what you like, talk about it, have fun, let others talk about what they don't on it too. It's alright everything's cool

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't take him seriously people really thinking he should be the one to beat Gunther or Roman?

This guy?