LA is grimier than I thought

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
Been back forth from ATL to LA with my girl for like the past 10 years (in Atl now where I'm from originally). Lived in Koreatown, had a good sized studio in a piece of shyt artist building on an MS-13 block. Got stories for days out that MF :mjlol:

Was in the middle of Hollywood for a year and a half before moving back to Atl this past summer. All I can say is yes, LA is grimy as shyt but you get used to it. Kinda miss my last spot because it was right at the edge of the hills in the middle of everything and was beautiful as shyt to go run the the hills straight out the front door of my building.

Would go to Malibu every week with my girl and chill at the beach, then Venice Beach on my own every Sunday, roll up some fire bud from the dispensary across the street from my apartment, and hit muscle beach to hit the heavy bag/speedbag with societies rejects :blessed:

Shout to my tattoo artist Monkeyface in Inglewood. :banderas:

LA is a piece of shyt, and it wears on you after a while, but when you find your people/vibe it feels like a second home :wow:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
that's LA whether it's a suburb or not:mjlol:

Damn near every city's suburb in the US is an integral part of the actual city. New York is really the only city where it's basically it's own thing
Not really. LA, Atlanta, Buffalo are some cities where it’s like that but it’s not the norm.

Kodak will tell you he from Pompano, Broward County he don’t claim Miami because Miami never claimed them or looked at themselves as better.

DC nikkas don’t jack MoCo or PG county dudes as DC dudes.

Philly same thing, Chicago too.

It’s weird claiming people from 30+ miles outside of the city in cities with hellacious traffic :bryan:

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Not really. LA, Atlanta, Buffalo are some cities where it’s like that but it’s not the norm.

Kodak will tell you he from Pompano, Broward County he don’t claim Miami because Miami never claimed them or looked at themselves as better.

It’s weird claiming people from 30+ miles outside of the city in cities with hellacious traffic :bryan:
Long Beach and Compton aren't 30 miles outside LA though, and those are examples non-Angelenos try to use as a false equivalency. Compton runs right along SC's Eastside, and Long Beach is directly to the southeast of Compton...

This is Los Angeles, bro. We all know Snoop and Game are from Long Beach and Compton and yet they've both publicly claimed "Los Angeles" many, many times. It's only non-Angelenos confused by this 🤣 people from LA understand what's going on...

Imagine being on one part of Compton Blvd and being in Watts and then go a block the other way and be in Compton and saying that if you're on the Compton side of Compton Ave you aren't from Los Angeles 😂 that's how ridiculous this gets. On a micro scale we all understand block and hood affiliations and jurisdictions. But on a macro scale this is all Los Angeles, bruh...

Compton is essentially just an extension of Eastside South Central, it's as much it's own thing as Watts or Athens or actual hoods "in the city", but it's still Los Angeles bro. All these areas that border LA proper are LA; Compton is directly south of Watts and Long Beach is right after Compton...

I don't know what they do in Florida...

TMBlue

Pro
Daps

They don't have to claim those cities. Them nikkaz are from the suburbs of those cities. A PG nikka is a DC nikka. A Compton nikka is an LA nikka. Camden nikkaz are Philly nikkaz.