LA is grimier than I thought

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Long Beach and Compton aren't 30 miles outside LA though, and those are examples non-Angelenos try to use as a false equivalency. Compton runs right along SC's Eastside, and Long Beach is directly to the southeast of Compton...

This is Los Angeles, bro. We all know Snoop and Game are from Long Beach and Compton and yet they've both publicly claimed "Los Angeles" many, many times. It's only non-Angelenos confused by this 🤣 people from LA understand what's going on...

Imagine being on one part of Compton Blvd and being in Watts and then go a block the other way and be in Compton and saying that if you're on the Compton side of Compton Ave you aren't from Los Angeles 😂 that's how ridiculous this gets. On a micro scale we all understand block and hood affiliations and jurisdictions. But on a macro scale this is all Los Angeles, bruh...

Compton is essentially just an extension of Eastside South Central, it's as much it's own thing as Watts or Athens or actual hoods "in the city", but it's still Los Angeles bro. All these areas that border LA proper are LA; Compton is directly south of Watts and Long Beach is right after Compton...

I don't know what they do in Florida...
I always figured when people say they from L.A., they're talking about the county, not the city.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
that's LA whether it's a suburb or not:mjlol:

Damn near every city's suburb in the US is an integral part of the actual city. New York is really the only city where it's basically it's own thing

Yeah but NJ and Philly are part of the NY orbit in the same way that opposite sides of LA metro are.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
that's LA whether it's a suburb or not:mjlol:

Damn near every city's suburb in the US is an integral part of the actual city. New York is really the only city where it's basically it's own thing
Detroit too because it's so segregated

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I always figured when people say they from L.A., they're talking about the county, not the city.
I don't think there is a specific city named Los Angeles. I'm being serious. It's weird but true. Maybe Downtown. But every other area is called by their neighborhood name (Ladera Heights, Downey, Malibu, etc).

Combined it's all LA, though.

RiverCity916

South Sacramento
Daps
Reppin
Sacramento
Long Beach and Compton aren't 30 miles outside LA though, and those are examples non-Angelenos try to use as a false equivalency. Compton runs right along SC's Eastside, and Long Beach is directly to the southeast of Compton...

This is Los Angeles, bro. We all know Snoop and Game are from Long Beach and Compton and yet they've both publicly claimed "Los Angeles" many, many times. It's only non-Angelenos confused by this 🤣 people from LA understand what's going on...

Imagine being on one part of Compton Blvd and being in Watts and then go a block the other way and be in Compton and saying that if you're on the Compton side of Compton Ave you aren't from Los Angeles 😂 that's how ridiculous this gets. On a micro scale we all understand block and hood affiliations and jurisdictions. But on a macro scale this is all Los Angeles, bruh...

Compton is essentially just an extension of Eastside South Central, it's as much it's own thing as Watts or Athens or actual hoods "in the city", but it's still Los Angeles bro. All these areas that border LA proper are LA; Compton is directly south of Watts and Long Beach is right after Compton...

I don't know what they do in Florida...
Do you recognize the existence of an 'East Sac?"

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Do you recognize the existence of an 'East Sac?"
Well we call Rosemont and Rancho and all that shyt "East Sac". The "East Sac" for white Sacramentans is where Sac State is at, I guess that's the "technical" East Sac. All that shyt is East Sacramento to me though, the college area, the area over by them big tennis courts, Rancho, Rosemont all that shyt...

What do you consider East Sac?

This is kind of a California thing in general I think, because we call North Highlands part of the "Nutty North", everybody consider that some Northside shyt...

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
This recent news article bout LA and thread related had me smh.

Video shows homeless camp takeover of two-mile stretch of Hollywood steps from Universal Studios​

By Marjorie Hernandez

NYPICHPDPICT000013344438.jpg

homeless-trailer-park-la-compb.jpg

20230627-NYP-RVhomeless-30.jpg

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@RiverCity916 I'm be honest too, if the light rail run there, that shyt is Sacramento to me. Light rail run out to Rancho, Elk Grove and North Highlands. All that shyt is Sacramento, on a block affiliation yeah we be on some "nikka you from Elk Grove" shyt but that shyt is Sacramento...

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Not really. LA, Atlanta, Buffalo are some cities where it’s like that but it’s not the norm.

Kodak will tell you he from Pompano, Broward County he don’t claim Miami because Miami never claimed them or looked at themselves as better.

DC nikkas don’t jack MoCo or PG county dudes as DC dudes.

Philly same thing, Chicago too.

It’s weird claiming people from 30+ miles outside of the city in cities with hellacious traffic :bryan:
People from Broward don’t claim Miami but just about everywhere in Dade claim Miami
They don't have to claim those cities. Them nikkaz are from the suburbs of those cities. A PG nikka is a DC nikka. A Compton nikka is an LA nikka. Camden nikkaz are Philly nikkaz.
I don’t know much bout Philly or Camden but nah it’s one thing to claim a city your city is in the metropolitan area of that’s in the same state but not when u gotta cross state lines to get there

PG and DC one exception I can understand but other than that, nah :camby:

Yonkers Mt Vernon New Rochelle and Westchester county as a whole could claim NYC before Camden can claim Philly and I’m pretty sure Camden dudes don’t claim Philly anyway

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
This recent news article bout LA and thread related had me smh.

Video shows homeless camp takeover of two-mile stretch of Hollywood steps from Universal Studios​

By Marjorie Hernandez

NYPICHPDPICT000013344438.jpg

homeless-trailer-park-la-compb.jpg

20230627-NYP-RVhomeless-30.jpg
Why outside the Hollywood studios?