LA County Covid Anti-body results coming in...

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
nikka it's a revenue thing because they stop allowing elective procedures. Can you not read? :dahell:
So you have nurses and docs not doing anything. Which neabs the system isnt being taxed, in which case it would be all-hands status to just meet the load.

Which means hospitals have more nurses and docs than they need and need to lat them off.

Which destroys the whole notion that the systwm is overburdened and cant meet basic needs.

F K

All Star
Daps
Lmao. Another clueless user. The masks are not to protect u buddy, they are to prevent u from spreading whatever u have.

Going outside without a mask isnt gonna do shyt to u. Going into a crowded public area where others dont wear masks and are sneezing and coughing eveeywhere is what the danger is.

U probably one of those folks who drive around with a mask on :mjlol:
masks are also effective because they reduce the contact with mouth and nose which are big disease transmission vectors. you're half right!

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
So you have nurses and docs not doing anything. Which neabs the system isnt being taxed, in which case it would be all-hands status to just meet the load.

Which means hospitals have more nurses and docs than they need and need to lat them off.

Which destroys the whole notion that the systwm is overburdened and cant meet basic needs.
Reading is fundamental, brehs

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
@David_TheMan @thekingsmen ..... 2 fukkbios comparing this shyt to the flu and yall got stupid nikkaz in here, co-signing this fukk shyt are retarded

the Flu death rate is less then 0.1%
COVID-19 .... as of now 2,501,156 infected - 171,810 deaths world wide = 6.869% death rate aka 7%

this thread should’ve been bushed hours ago

:snoop:
Mad and cant even read that we have two studies that show the cfr for covid to be in in the .1 - .2 range

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Italy is terrible in their pollution numbers but their stats on CV have been no bigger than their flu deaths every year.
First off, you're lying. Annual flu deaths in Italy are estimated around 17,000 a year. Meanwhile, nearly 25,000 people have confirmed already died of coronavirus with that number going up another 1,000 every two days. Coronavirus deaths in Italy this year will easily double the flu average and possibly much more than double.

Second, you do realize that coronavirus deaths are in addition to flu deaths, right? That that's 25,000+ MORE people who have died this year because of the new epidemic. It's not magic where the flu deaths cancel out the coronavirus deaths.

It's like saying, "Oh, 9/11 was no big deal because only 3,000 people died. There are 15,000 murder deaths each year so I'm sure the families of those extra 3,000 don't actually mind."*

* Assuming rational people are reading. I do realize @thekingsmen doesn't actually believe in 9/11 or in shooting deaths.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
masks are also effective because they reduce the contact with mouth and nose which are big disease transmission vectors. you're half right!

How am i half right? Im replying to him saying u cant go outside without a mask like the virus is floating in the air outside your house or some shyt.

We all know,well most, that masks are to prevent u from spreading whatever shyt u have.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Flu season is typically october to feb.
2017-18, flu season 75k 80k died.

Those were confirmed flu deaths, not the bs covid deaths that arent confirmed. this is nothing new and nothing that hasnt been exp. Before
The media tells a lot of people what to think my man. They don't even see how controlled they look if they weren't showing the same concerns over the flu as this even though they have similar symptoms and apparently similar death rates if this study is the norm everywhere. Sheep gonna sheep.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The media tells a lot of people what to think my man. They don't even see how controlled they look if they weren't showing the same concerns over the flu as this even though they have similar symptoms and apparently similar death rates if this study is the norm everywhere. Sheep gonna sheep.
13,000 people die of murder each year.

If there was a murder wave and an ADDITIONAL 13,000 people were killed by it, you don't think that would be a huge fukking deal? Like, you don't get that tens of thousands of additional deaths ABOVE the norm is worthy of attention?

Not to mention that the flu has never, ever killed 45,000 in a month in our lifetimes. Not even half that.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I've personally answered this question quite a few times in the main thread. Don't want to do a broken record routine.

Germany and South Korea showed the way. Even Spain is taking proactive steps in reopening. It requires a massive federal response but our federal government has stated its not interested in that. :francis:

I can agree to some extent leave it to the states but this requires testing in place, which again local governments may have testing facilities which the Trump admin made sure to highlight heavily yesterday but they testing facilities don't have enough supplies. Lets fix that and get people back to work in a measured and scalable way. The federal government should be working on supporting the supply lines that require a lot of coordination with international companies and something states can't do on their own. This requires a federal response.

Also, the Feds can also help by not seizing supplies meant for states that have governors that Trump think of as big meanies.

States and Hospitals Are Essentially Smuggling PPE Because They’re Afraid the Feds Will Seize It

There Is A White House Blockade Stopping States From Getting Coronavirus PPE

This is why the Maryland governor essentially had to smuggle test supplies without the feds knowing from South Korea. Because of fears the federal government will come in and seize them,

Fair points. Listen I'm not saying just be reckless as fukk and just open up everything like a night switch. First you need to rework the wire. All I'm saying is that a lockdown for more than a month is futile and can actually backfire(and no not just economically).

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Breh people like us in that Corona thread be getting GANG jumped lol. You right the Coli has created a paranoid death cult around this. NOTHING matters(not even recoveries) but the deaths.
Yeah they surely have. They got so mad at me calling it the flu they had me kicked out crying like barbecue Becky.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off, you're lying. Annual flu deaths in Italy are estimated around 17,000 a year. Meanwhile, nearly 25,000 people have confirmed already died of coronavirus with that number going up another 1,000 every two days. Coronavirus deaths in Italy this year will easily double the flu average and possibly much more than double.

Second, you do realize that coronavirus deaths are in addition to flu deaths, right? That that's 25,000+ MORE people who have died this year because of the new epidemic. It's not magic where the flu deaths cancel out the coronavirus deaths.

It's like saying, "Oh, 9/11 was no big deal because only 3,000 people died. There are 15,000 murder deaths each year so I'm sure the families of those extra 3,000 don't actually mind."*

* Assuming rational people are reading. I do realize @thekingsmen doesn't actually believe in 9/11 or in shooting deaths.

It's been addressed before ...dying with CV isn't dying from CV

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_20_marzo_eng.pdf