LA County Covid Anti-body results coming in...

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have close family on the front lines that say to take it seriously. :manny:

Ask how many positive COVID patients they've seen in person. Not rumors, actual patients they have seen themselves. My contact works in Long Beach, been in the triage tent since this started. COVID positives count is <40. 0 deaths. No overwhelmed hospitals in So Cal. Only issue was getting proper PPE which they got 2 weeks ago. Confirmation numbers then get "sketchy" because if you have symptoms they will admit you and treat you like you have COVID even though you may not. I'll wait for your response.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Why are brehs going hard against this study? :gucci:

We now have both Stanford and USC reporting that cases can be around 50 times higher, so the death rate will be much lower. How is that not good news?

Does that mean we're out of the woods? No because we're seeing that the ease of transmission is what's really hurting and causing the systems to be overrun. But the way some of you guys are running around trying to downplay any gleam of hope is :scust:

didn't you read the ignorant nonsensical hoe babble OP said in the post? :gucci:

and if the case is 50 times higher than it only means virus will not go away cuz there are asymptomatic folks everywhere. hell you might be carrying Rona and you don't even know it.

and we already know this is a dangerous for old folks, but healthy nikkas will be just fine 98-99% of the time. am i scared to get this virus? nope. i'm healthy as hell. but i know so many old folks who aren't so healthy. my fam got a fat gene and high blood pressure breh. like they say this is a boomer killer.

i got folks in michigan who are heavily impacted by this mostly due to the ignorance. we could collectively beat this easily, but that's not so easy cuz we have so many ignorant people out there. just look at those protests. that's some sad and embrassing shyt. i'm pretty much hopeless. the day we open things up our death toll will spike again soon because virus don't care about our feelings. it will spread if we aren't careful and eventually we will spread it to vulnerable folks.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Exactly

most of us been saying the stuff OP posted, thats not the point

point is how quickly it was spreading and people were actually dying. Despite season flu killing people yearly, it wasn’t killing 20k people in a month.

that was the reason we did all this, because people were not prepared for this. Our government in particular.

Other than that, a lot of us have been saying that most people already had it... but there isn’t even enough testing going around to prove it and there are still a lot of people at risk (elderly, asthmatics, etc.)

Exactly.

As a nurse, I can say this is NOT the flu.

It's more like a highly contagious pneumonia with cardiac side effects.

It spreads extremely quick. A nursing home I go to went from 1 person sent to the hospital for pneumonia like symptoms to 35 positive resident on one floor in a week. The floor holds 52. And I ain't been there in a week. 2 nurses are out sick.

The social distancing / stay home order was to not over run the healthcare system, healthcare workers, and to avoid killing off less healthy folks or folks that are continually exposed.

Unfortunately capitalism doesn't give af about the vulnerable of society.

So back to work the country goes.

(PA stay home was extended till at least may 6th)

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Exactly. I don't know the OP or can careless for his views. But facts is a lockdown for more than a month is stupid. Have some form of social distancing in place but also a little herd immunity. Simple. The curve is already being flattened in many countries and some are starting to open up.
“Some form?” In NY? You can’t tell 8 million people to halfway abide by the rules. Ain’t gonn be much more social distancing than what we had before this.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Talking with people who want to push a certain narrative before the evidence is frustrating because if you say something that is not 100% aligned, they accuse you of fearmongering instead of just stating the facts. But will point out the following anyways.

This is great news but caveats worth mentioning. This isn't peer-reviewed and it wasn't a random sample. These are usually bad from a scientific perspective.

Also it was announced via press briefing

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
didn't you read the ignorant nonsensical hoe babble OP said in the post? :gucci:

and if the case is 50 times higher than it only means virus will not go away cuz there are asymptomatic folks everywhere. hell you might be carrying Rona and you don't even know it.

and we already know this is a dangerous for old folks, but healthy nikkas will be just fine 98-99% of the time. am i scared to get this virus? nope. i'm healthy as hell. but i know so many old folks who aren't so healthy. my fam got a fat gene and high blood pressure breh. like they say this is a boomer killer.

i got folks in michigan who are heavily impacted by this mostly due to the ignorance. we could collectively beat this easily, but that's not so easy cuz we have so many ignorant people out there. just look at those protests. that's some sad and embrassing shyt. i'm pretty much hopeless. the day we open things up our death toll will spike again soon because virus don't care about our feelings. it will spread if we aren't careful and eventually we will spread it to vulnerable folks.

I'm not talking about the OP, I'm talking about the actual study and people claiming it's propaganda. And I said we're not out of the woods, I'm doing my best to social distance and isolate and will continue to do so. But people are out here stressing out about getting this and dying, starting to have phycological effects of stress. Maybe seeing this can help them, and no that doesn't mean you can now run the streets

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Talking with people who want to push a certain narrative before the evidence is frustrating because if you say something that is not 100% aligned, they accuse you of fearmongering instead of just stating the facts. But will point out the following anyways.

This is great news but caveats worth mentioning. This isn't peer-reviewed and it wasn't a random sample. These are usually bad from a scientific perspective.

Also it was announced via press briefing

Of course but it's a start and now Stanford and USC have reported similar numbers, again these studies aren't changing the way we are approaching the pandemic. I wanna know were children included in these studies, what's about illegal immigrants, minority population? Whole lot of questions left to be answered

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
And here YOU are propagating lies. He said 96% mild and you just posted contradictory evidence. The black community is being ravaged by Corona, I just saw 55% of fatalities in Chicago are black, and people like you 2 keep pushing conspiracy bullshyt that has people doubting.
Fact is he was still close to the money. Most the cases are mild.

And I need to see MORE evidence that the Black community is being "ravaged by this", here in NY most the deaths aren't even Black. All in all most deaths in America in terms of PURE NUMBERS have been White. And how are actual research studies "conspiracies"? You clowns need to FOH with YALL bullshyt.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Fact is he was still close to the money. Most the cases are mild.

And I need to see MORE evidence that the Black community is being "ravaged by this", here in NY most the deaths aren't even Black. All in all most deaths in America in terms of PURE NUMBERS have been White. And how are actual research studies "conspiracies"? You clowns need to FOH with YALL bullshyt.

He reduced the thread level of severe or worse symptoms by 5 fold