LA 2028 is to be the "No Car Olympics". Mayor says venues will be accessible by mass transit only

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never been to LA and already know this is a dumb idea.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
it could be done, but it obviously won't be. when they say mass transit they probably mean they're going to disincentivize driving alone during that time. lots of ways to do that like tax breaks and rider passes, more bus routes etc.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Does LA or even anywhere in the US have high speed rail yet?

They're building high speed rail right now. It will connect central California first then go to LA and Bay area. I can see the progress because it's not to far from my house but they're going slow.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
LA gotta be one of the WOAT big cities for public transportation. At least like ten years ago.
Nah it's not that bad at all. It's just that LA is spread out and a car centric city. But back in the days they were second to NYC in public transportation with the red and yellow car system. Either big oil or the car companies got rid of them and built the freeways which changed everything.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Taking public transportation in LA was unsafe when I was on it during 99-01, I can’t imagine how it is now 20 plus years later.

The bike Nazi’s and choo choo train advocates have been trying their damndest with this Zero
Vision crap for the past decade. Maybe they’ll succeed with the Olympics.

I recommend anyone traveling to LA just to get a car because all the events are going to be spread out.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That "shakiness" won't be there for the Olympics breh. All that sh*t will be cleared out and heavily policed. It's going to be like Disneyland for those 2-3 weeks

1*FZz3BXG82VzhCHcjyhpw9g.gif

edit: The Coliseum is at the corner of MLK and Figueroa? That sounds like fukkery central. Anywhere there's an MLK drive is :patrice: status and I've heard enough west coast rap joints about the Fig. :dahell:

know USC is in South Central but Gotdamn at that intersection :deadrose:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
This won’t be as bad as people are trying to make it out to be. It’s is incredibly easy (not necessarily inexpensive) to have public transportation pick up the slack for two weeks four years from now.

Daps
Reppin
TOR --> OAK
This won’t be as bad as people are trying to make it out to be. It’s is incredibly easy (not necessarily inexpensive) to have public transportation pick up the slack for two weeks four years from now.
It would be a better idea to make mass transit pick up the slack permanently so it isn't the traffic-clogged hellscape it is now.

I'll never for the life of me understand how they fukked up LA so badly. Probably the best weather on earth for an alpha world city and the shyttiest way to get around. Whenever I'm in Tokyo, London, Paris etc and come back to the Bay/LA, I wanna drive off a bridge.